AtlasOLimbo

Reduce the cost of furniture.

4 minutes ago, Quietthecutie said:

I would struggle to think of a single player ran business with property that turns a profit that could be defined as "worth." 

Finance companies maybe. Point is, as a player i feel you need to accept properties like clubs, restaurants etc are there for the RP ops. They make very little money in comparison to their cost.

You cannot finance the RP ops. You have to spend all this money on furniture, food, drinks and cannot recoup them. You should be able to at the very least break even. 

Just now, Quietthecutie said:

My problem with the suggestion is that furniture falls under "startup costs." And not "operating" costs.

If we are talking about increasing the viability of player ran businesses, i dont think the problem lies in furniture. 

Discussing with multiple succesful business owners they cited furniture costs as a major cost, even long into operating that is an astonishing hurdle. I'm inclined to agree with them.

+1 some items cost 15k-20k, like CCTV which is a lot of the cost. The cost of furnishing a property from my experience can range from 300k to 1mil at the most.If you are starting a business you should definitely save up for startup costs like this, and/or the government also offers grants to business owners/would be owners which is huge and no one seems to be taking advantage of it yet.

Having taken into consideration the view points from people in this thread, we will be looking to make amendments to the list of furniture available and it's pricing to reflect the attitudes and needs of the player base.

If there are any specific things that you feel warrant attention, feel free to highlight them in this thread and if you like, provide your own suggestion on pricing and such.

• Upvote 1

+1 add more furniture if possible, the selection is really limited compared to what you could have in GTA5 assets and we've seen this in some of the new MLO's that utilize furniture we don't have access to.. even simple stuff like more desks for crying out loud there is like 2 desks and 10 tables. As far as pricing goes, some items are really just decoration and serve little purpose and should be much less expensive.

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2023 at 3:20 PM, Bala said:

Having taken into consideration the view points from people in this thread, we will be looking to make amendments to the list of furniture available and it's pricing to reflect the attitudes and needs of the player base.

If there are any specific things that you feel warrant attention, feel free to highlight them in this thread and if you like, provide your own suggestion on pricing and such.

I personally think generic items such as windows, doors, floors, and walls be see the most benefit from a price decrease. If its a more specialized item, I think it makes since to leave the price a little higher. The foundational items that require a lot of for your DIY construction project is what breaks the bank in my opinion. 

I bought a single rose weighing 5 kg from the store once.
Could we maybe have a bit of weight reduction as well for some of decor things, pretty please?
I know the counter-argument is that a stone slab weighs 5 kg as well, but it would make for much more intricate decorating, if we didn't have to add extra trips to the store for those "final touch" things. I tried building a bar in a property and that was 5 trips with 50 in pocket and 100 in a bag for the glasses, bottles, coasters etc. alone.

Edited by Toth