Melodiz Bashkimi

Kick Half of PD/SD

55 minutes ago, Bala said:

I think the title of the thread is a little bit sensationalist, if I'm honest and I think that it's likely going to attract some less than ideal responses. We're not going to be kicking half of our faction members out of the PD faction, to accommodate the criminals on the server. That is simply not going to happen and nor should it. As you put time and effort into establishing yourselves as criminals, many of those in the LSPD have done the same. 

Unfortunately, the reason why these threads go nowhere is because, like the discussion on Saturday, despite some good initial exchanges, it starts to become people bringing up individual situations and we've seen it already on the thread. 

The topic of "lab camping" was raised at one of our weekly meetings recently. It was investigated, because whether or not you want to believe it, we take that shit seriously and the only incident in question was found to be something and nothing. I'm not going to sit here and say that it doesn't happen, but it's also not happening as much as you assume it is or more importantly, why you assume it is. There can be a number of reasons, within the rules that a cop ends up at one of these static locations.

I said it on Saturday and I'll say it again, the entire server is stuck in a continuous loop and there are a lot of things that need to change across the board to break that cycle. 
We're neither an action packed, fun time roleplay server nor are we a realistic gritty roleplay community either. In the same server, we have the Constitution and all this excessively serious law roleplay but then we people masked up 24/7, representing all the different colours of the rainbow and doing questionable types of roleplay which if we're being being honest, ends up just being trolling.

With GTA VI on the horizon, we're now entering the Autumn of Eclipse RP with maybe a year or two of peak activity left before the inevitable drop off and this server badly really needs an individual with enough stroke to stand up and being counted, cut through all the red tape and grab this community by the cock and balls. Get the developers together with the admins, the moderators, support staff and faction leaders and decide on what we (the community) actually want Eclipse Roleplay to be in 2024. 

Forget it just being the same people making the same decisions because it feels a bit like there is a disconnect between those at the top of the tree and your average community member and them simply trying to impress their wants and needs for ECRP clearly hasn't worked. That's no less of an echo chamber than one of these threads. You need to get EVERYONE in a position of some responsibility in ECRP all facing the same way, whether staff or not and move in that direction as quickly as possible.

Have every faction organise a consensus for their members. What could ECRP be doing better etc.. Have the faction leaders compile it and meet with the staff / devs and see what the common themes are. Work off that list to scratch the issues off, rinse and repeat.

Do that, then with a bit of luck, favourable winds and I think the community pops off again. Probably not like during COVID but 300-400 on the regular.

Oh and release the clothing update!

My boy spitting fire.

Consider the math.

Let's say there's generally...20-40 members per gang, 40 on the cap so we'll say a flat 30.

There are at least 10+ gangs currently in operation at least on the server.

30x10 = 300. 300 potential crims against a faction with maybe 80-100 members average.

You outnumber LEOs 3-1 at a spitball mathed average.

Take into account time zone and play period factors as well, and the math gets more extreme.

There will be no restriction of LEO numbers as suggested in any capacity. LEOs are meant to have an advantage over the criminal underworld to a pretty hefty margin in both numbers and equipment, but are balanced by heavy IC protocols that they must follow that criminals don't have to, and by very heavily scrutinized OOC standards and quality checks of RP.

Learn to take the situations you are encountering and either learn from and adapt against them, or continue to struggle by maintaining the same repeat behaviors that have landed you in LEOs spotlight in the first place. 

What a daft suggestion. 

These threads pop up from time to time and the advice given when they are inevitably shut down is never followed.

If you have an issue with a specific government faction, MAKE AN IA REPORT and it can be either IC, OOC or both. I have not seen any reports from you or anyone relating to the topic - if you want to see change, reach out to the source rather than openly flaming factions publicly.

• Like 4
  • POG 1
  • hand 1