KRISTALL

Pervasive issue with Non-RP

"Non-roleplay is a term used to describe unrealistic events or actions that hurt the roleplay experience of others. A common example of this would be using a sport or super-car to ram other vehicles. This is considered non-roleplay because this is a very unrealistic action. Roleplay is meant to be as realistic as possible. "

I joined this server looking to have fun on a RP server; however, everyday I have logged on I hear from players, "Hey bitch."   I will share my real life experience: I have never had anyone greet me with the term "bitch" or any other degrading remark.  Claiming that they are a hard-core criminal that grew up in the wrong neighborhood is also not a real RP experience as I have lived in very rough neighborhoods in Los Angeles and never treated like that.  There is a major problem with this server and you are having players that want to RP and contribute to a fun game just leave.  The rules of the server say that everyone needs to show mutual respect, but I am not seeing this.   You will continue to lose players as long as people can't behave the same way they would to someone's face.

Everyone needs to treat each other with mutual respect on this server.

5 minutes ago, KRISTALL said:

"Non-roleplay is a term used to describe unrealistic events or actions that hurt the roleplay experience of others. A common example of this would be using a sport or super-car to ram other vehicles. This is considered non-roleplay because this is a very unrealistic action. Roleplay is meant to be as realistic as possible. "

I joined this server looking to have fun on a RP server; however, everyday I have logged on I hear from players, "Hey bitch."   I will share my real life experience: I have never had anyone greet me with the term "bitch" or any other degrading remark.  Claiming that they are a hard-core criminal that grew up in the wrong neighborhood is also not a real RP experience as I have lived in very rough neighborhoods in Los Angeles and never treated like that.  There is a major problem with this server and you are having players that want to RP and contribute to a fun game just leave.  The rules of the server say that everyone needs to show mutual respect, but I am not seeing this.   You will continue to lose players as long as people can't behave the same way they would to someone's face.

If any rule breaks record and report them on the forums

-1 I don't believe we should limit player's free speech because some people talk rudely. It is not that unrealistic for someone to call someone else a bitch. We even go as far as to let people be racist IC (OOC racism is not tolerated) however if it comes to the point of harassing someone IC with hate speech/racism and they do not stop when told to by a staff member it is then considered a rule break. 

4.1.2 It is prohibited to intimidate players from playing on the server or to continuously harass them in the game for
OOC reasons to purposely make their game experience miserable.

• Upvote 2

-1 while I don't personally condone that behaviour  it shouldn't be limited just because you don't like it. Yes the game is 18 + but I can guarantee you some of the players are not but that's not going to change anytime soon. And if you are a female player you will unfortunately be on the receiving end of this adolescent behaviour.

Personally I'd advise to learn how to give it back if you get offended. Eg.

Player 1. " You fucking bitch"

You  " The only bitch you know is Yo cracked up momma who left you in a plastic bag at MD" 

Intonation on the YO, apologies for the language. 

Or just make them buy you stuff.

• Upvote 1

To be honest , i don't see what is the problem here? Obviously a criminal who robs stores , makes and sells drugs , kills people for living will not have respect towards you ? Try talking to someone from a legal faction / job and see if they call you a bitch ... I mean common , stop trying to find an excuse to make a forum post and complain , people are bitching about everything in reports and makes the game immersion ruined on so many occasions where people don't like something or is on the edge between a rule break and something that isn't but they are not pleased with the situation so they try and find the smallest thing to report and complain about to get attention and to punish someone oocly for what they've done to them icly ... All I can say is , grow up and toughen up , stop complaining and start playing <- not only directed to the people on this thread but to everyone who shares the same I WILL REPORT YOU mentality , maybe if people invested 50% of effort they invest in recording and making reports into actual RP server would be on a higher quality of RP 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KRISTALL said:

-1 if you're suggesting people cannot act like this IC. I don't feel like everyone is like this at all. I'd say it's split 50/50. Go to LSC for example, you're not going to be greeted with "hey bitch".

The mention of respect in the rules is purely OOC. There should be no limitations (within reason) on IC disrespect/respect as many players will and already do RP characters that are not going to show everyone respect. If you're experiencing disrespect OOC such as insults, that's something you can report.

I know what you mean, and i see where you're coming from.
Just play it thru, and most of all, respond with something more vulgar than them and push your dominatrix posture over the poor betas (Mind ya'll not ZETAS xD) that smh believe calling "bitch" is edgy or "toughish".

But yeah, as the above said:
Try, and start, to differentiate between your char (IC)  and yourself (OOC).
Had the same problem with it, getting OOC salty for IC insults xD.

Edited by SezzeseParola
Typos
  • Like 1