Harley

Give Crim F4 factions the ability to track online hours

Gov factions have the ability to track their members on-duty hours, and the server certainly has the ability to track online hours.

Give crim F4 factions the ability to track online hours from their members. This will allow crim factions to have a further understanding around their activity, and track who is actively playing, and who is just logging in every 3 days to avoid the inactive flag.

Simple!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Bala said:

Maybe I'm a little simple but isn't the point of the tracking for gov factions, because it's their job?

Being a criminal is more a way of life, no?

You'd be correct, if this wasn't a video game.

The fact we're limited to 30 members in a faction means we MUST remove people who are inactive in exchange for players who actively support our factions. If this was real life, we wouldn't be limited on 30 people, we'd recruit who we want, and not care about our members "logging in". This is however a video game 

• YAY 2

2 hours ago, Harley said:

You'd be correct, if this wasn't a video game.

The fact we're limited to 30 members in a faction means we MUST remove people who are inactive in exchange for players who actively support our factions. If this was real life, we wouldn't be limited on 30 people, we'd recruit who we want, and not care about our members "logging in". This is however a video game 

I feel that part of our job as leadership of a faction is gauging things such as a person's activity. If you're around regularly, you should be able to tell who's also around regularly.

Timezones do exist, however, leadership is also commonly spread over timezones.

• Like 1
  • dead 2

how would that work though, in the legal factions case, F4 gathers the time between them clocking on and off, not their online time.

This is IC info getting shared trough IC means with IC consequences, I'm guessing you want this on an OOC level and then remove people for their time online.

I can imagine some people having an issue with this privacy wise.

2 hours ago, Tom Solar said:

how would that work though, in the legal factions case, F4 gathers the time between them clocking on and off, not their online time.

This is IC info getting shared trough IC means with IC consequences, I'm guessing you want this on an OOC level and then remove people for their time online.

I can imagine some people having an issue with this privacy wise.

Simply put it's just an online hours counter for factions. This is already tracked by ECRP. I'm not sure how someone can have an issue with this privacy-wise, it's not tracking anything apart from someone being logged in on their character in that faction. If somebody plays 5 hours a week and takes up a 1/30 spot, faction leaders should have the ability to see this and remove them if needed.

imo it will become toxic and you will run into the issue of where if you cant do  the needed hours you will be kicked, most gangs already have an LOA so i dont really see the need for the times being logged for a crim faction, its more for legal jobs as you need to clock on to even work.  you wouldn't be locking on  duty to be a gang member. so RPly there is no way to track them. it kinda takes away the RP of finding out if your member is inactive or just isnt going on freq seems like it would be fun RP.

Edited by ltsChubby

2 hours ago, ltsChubby said:

imo it will become toxic and you will run into the issue of where if you cant do  the needed hours you will be kicked, most gangs already have an LOA so i dont really see the need for the times being logged for a crim faction, its more for legal jobs as you need to clock on to even work.  you wouldn't be locking on  duty to be a gang member. so RPly there is no way to track them. it kinda takes away the RP of finding out if your member is inactive or just isnt going on freq seems like it would be fun RP.

RPly these characters wouldn't be logged off during the day. At the end of the day, this is a video game, not real life. If somebody in my faction is doing 5 hours a week, I'd like to know, not out of toxicity, but to prevent players keeping slots in gangs with an even smaller limit on how many players can be in a faction at once.

19 minutes ago, Harley said:

RPly these characters wouldn't be logged off during the day. At the end of the day, this is a video game, not real life. If somebody in my faction is doing 5 hours a week, I'd like to know, not out of toxicity, but to prevent players keeping slots in gangs with an even smaller limit on how many players can be in a faction at once.

You can find this out by playing yourself and figuring out who's around the most. The script is a crutch not a requirement.