NoewUH

Temporary Death / Enforced NLR

Hey All,

What do you think about temporary-death / script-enforced NLR? What I mean by this, is a short period after death that would lock a character from being played. I.E, once killed, you would need to wait 30 minutes before playing on that character again. At the time of death, you would be unable to login/play with that same character until the timer ends (something like a “you are dead, please wait… 27 mins left” would be read on the character selection screen).

This would scriptly enforce NLR (no need to pretend to not remember your death/not go back to your place of death). This would also help enforce FearRP in an OOC sense as no player would want to be locked out of playing and would try their best to stay alive.

Understanding this is a game, the lines of proper fearRP and OOC desires can get blurred leading to stupid deaths and unneeded killing. For example, dying over 20k worth of drugs because you don’t want to give up 30 mins of grinding. Or, a cop, rushing into a situation unnecessarily because they want to get in a shootout knowing they will spawn back in a with a full kit if they die.

I think something like this would compliment roleplay in the sense that we would all need to be a little bit more careful, and truly act in a way that preserves our own life IC, and our desire to play the game OOC.

In the case of bugs/glitches, any staff member would be able to revive you/reset timer if needed.

Thanks all,

NoewUH

This was trialed a while back as the coma system, people were very very unhappy with it. I do not believe it to be a good solution, and other games that tried to stop people from playing them usually died.

I feel that some other restriction should follow death, perhaps, make the injured script last much longer and not allow players to hop on radio, drive cars, or use weapons. Basically, make them injured, but not completely locked out.

• Like 1

Ultimately because we shouldnt have to hard enforce NLR rules.

the NLR rules already cover most of what youre asking for. if people are flouting them. they should be reported appropriately, and dealt with on a case by case basis.

This is a roleplay server. everyone who plays should have a good idea of how NLR works, and should respect it. if they don't, they should be punished but we should not hard enforce NLR just because some people may not acknowledge it. that would set a very bad precedent of "well the game didn't stop me from doing it so I didn't see a problem."

Also a lot of newer players only have the one character. and dying on that character shouldn't hard lock them from playing for a set period.

Mistakes happen, and people should be able to learn from them. 

Edited by Quietthecutie

-1. I know personally if I got locked out from playing for 30 minutes, I would just log off and stay off for the at least the rest of the day. We shouldn't be limiting peoples play time just because of a death. I don't see this NLR breach as much of an issue. It can get dealt with like other rule breaks. It could also cause other issues. What if someone shoots up LSC and the only mechanics that were on shift die? Then we have no mechanics on shift anymore cuz they are locked out. What if the cops get into a massive shootout with one/multiple gangs and get killed? No cops for the next half an hour. Would create bad situations that would be negative for the server. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 4:52 PM, Requiem said:

What if someone shoots up LSC and the only mechanics that were on shift die? Then we have no mechanics on shift anymore cuz they are locked out

But if the mechanic dies he wont be allowed to come back to lsc for 30 minutes 🤔 

On 8/16/2023 at 6:52 PM, alexalex303 said:

This was trialed a while back as the coma system, people were very very unhappy with it. I do not believe it to be a good solution, and other games that tried to stop people from playing them usually died.

I feel that some other restriction should follow death, perhaps, make the injured script last much longer and not allow players to hop on radio, drive cars, or use weapons. Basically, make them injured, but not completely locked out.

I'd rather have this