ArcAngel

Weazel News Revamp

Weazel News Revamp

PAID - [PAİD][STANDALONE] Weazel Tablet | VAG - The world's largest  platform for FiveM Scripts and FiveM Mods

( For clarification, this is not my image, google is amazing.)

Similar to the above picture, it would be great to have weazel news focused in a different way to stop limitation on advertising and refocus text chat.

My thoughts were that we have a few options to us on how we could revamp weazel news. We could have an app, similar to the above image in which you can view latest new stories, or you can view the classified adds section that allows you to upload pictures and actually have advertisements itself.

The second was to utilize the ECRP discord weazel news channel to allow faction members to post IMG files so that people could actually view images for advertisements.

Lastly, we could look into a script in which weazel can generate flyers for you that you can post where ever you'd like (Similar to the furniture placing script but it only allows you to place the "Flyer" item specifically without limitations.)
(Similar to this;)

I'd really love to see the opportunity to weazel, a constant faction that has lots of opportunity for growth and involvement in the server to do much more than they currently do with more immersion!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Considering weazel already have a site (albeit not hosted by the developers), we know the phone is capable of displaying websites such as lifeinvader when it was working and the gov site so even something as simple as getting their existing site on the phone as an app would be cool:
cxZ3woF.png

XXjCKhx.png

• Like 1

Ads from Weazel could cause the phone to slightly elevate when a new ad is ran as like a notification still allowing them to be viewed instantly, This would be nice due to it cutting down the clutter in text chat allowing for Text chat to be solely used for IC communication and RP

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SirQubed said:

Ads from Weazel could cause the phone to slightly elevate when a new ad is ran as like a notification still allowing them to be viewed instantly, This would be nice due to it cutting down the clutter in text chat allowing for Text chat to be solely used for IC communication and RP

Why yes, I see how this could be an idea. If you move the ads from text chat to the phone, I doubt they'll be utilized. You would have to greatly scale down the size of the text/ad to make it work to appear on the top of your phone like you're suggesting. The ads would be so small I doubt you'd be able to properly read it.

Then there's also the issue of having to open your phone every single time an ad pops up just so you can see it. While the ad system that they have right now isn't perfect by any means, I see no issues with it. They're big enough to the point where you can clearly notice them and the wonderful people of Weazel make them eye-catching as well. I just think if you move them from how they are right now, it won't be utilized as much as it does right now.

The biggest complaint I see related to Weazel ads and the text is that they "clutter" it and cause people to miss RP. In my opinion, I genuinely think it's not as big of a deal as people make it out to be. Weazel posts 3ish "Bulk" ads every 5 minutes and then they post ads people buy, I don't think they post so many that you miss RP. I personally think it's just not as a big of a deal as some people make it out to be. 

I agree with Harley tho, A phone-overhaul would be amazing. Currently phones are basically useless, you have cab, call, text, and contacts. I don't remember the last time I used anything other then those 4 things.

1 minute ago, Harley said:

I think ECRP can really use another phone overhaul to be honest.

ECRP could take some motivation from other servers/scripts with higher quality phones and include this as part of the change

It's a crime that mechanic and weazel requests arent on the phone and still a command

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Harley said:

I think ECRP can really use another phone overhaul to be honest.

ECRP could take some motivation from other servers/scripts with higher quality phones and include this as part of the change

I think a new phone would be nice to incorporate all that we have, as Ash stated Mechanics and Weazel should 100% be on the phone. Text chains should continue with the conversation instead of starting a new thread, Text messages or missed calls when the user is offline/or phone is off would be nice to determined most recent message or missed call. Group text should be a thing allowing for people to just send 1 message as oppose to 30 individual ones. 

I dunno, I feel like that amount of development for what is essentially an advertising company seems a little bit missplaced.

It's a cool suggestion but honestly, I feel like besides people looking to sell and advertise stuff, this server doesn't really care enough about the news to warrant it.

• dead 1

+10000x if players asked weazel for ads made my themself or by using a template and it was posted on the phone it would give people more reason to view an ad and less chance of them being missed. "3G House for sale" but with an image so people can actually see it! less spam in chat / less of an eye sore.

Going to slightly necro this thread and add on a suggestion that is related.

On SA:MP servers some of my best memories were live interviews where a SANews employee and a guest would interact with each other or where general live news would be covered using a server wide chat.

Like shown here:

lJOTQmo.png

While Eclipse is more VOIP based. I do think it could be interesting to have something similar outside of the occasional weazel news ad announcing some major event or breaking news and would allow for more daily interviews along a multitude of topics and an incentive to seek out RP that will be confined to in-game instead of collecting info and writing up an article after the fact.

On 4/30/2023 at 12:10 AM, Cyrus Raven said:

Going to slightly necro this thread and add on a suggestion that is related.

On SA:MP servers some of my best memories were live interviews where a SANews employee and a guest would interact with each other or where general live news would be covered using a server wide chat.

Like shown here:

lJOTQmo.png

While Eclipse is more VOIP based. I do think it could be interesting to have something similar outside of the occasional weazel news ad announcing some major event or breaking news and would allow for more daily interviews along a multitude of topics and an incentive to seek out RP that will be confined to in-game instead of collecting info and writing up an article after the fact.

I think most people would just not want this due to chat clutter. Weazel does do interviews and you can watch them as youtube videos wezel posts.

Weazel ads as we have them now make 0 sense in my opinion. Where in the world do you have ads that are similar to what we have now in the chat, visible for everyone. I believe ads should move to different platforms and a weazel app instead of having chat clutter and imaginary text that you can see even when you have no phone, radio, etc

Ads in the chat are busted and there's no way any player or growing business can compete with that. If they get removed, weazel and the whole server will invent more realistic ways of advertising. Advertising will be a lot more lucrative and creativity will have a lot more space and power, instead of /wr false [Insert ad here]

Edited by TheCactus

18 hours ago, TheCactus said:

Weazel ads as we have them now make 0 sense in my opinion. Where in the world do you have ads that are similar to what we have now in the chat, visible for everyone. I believe ads should move to different platforms and a weazel app instead of having chat clutter and imaginary text that you can see even when you have no phone, radio, etc

Ads in the chat are busted and there's no way any player or growing business can compete with that. If they get removed, weazel and the whole server will invent more realistic ways of advertising. Advertising will be a lot more lucrative and creativity will have a lot more space and power, instead of /wr false [Insert ad here]

Rply they make 0 sense however from a gameplay perspective, how else would you get ads and news visible? anything that requires people having to open their phone and scroll through or tab out to a secondary site would in my view defeat the purpose of the advertising system, as 99% of players would not see the ad. they are also highly effective at conveying information to newer players as it requires no knowledge from them on where to obtain information.

In full agreement that the phone needs a revamp tho. but this isnt the thread for that.

Edited by Quietthecutie

24 minutes ago, Quietthecutie said:

Rply they make 0 sense however from a gameplay perspective, how else would you get ads and news visible? anything that requires people having to open their phone and scroll through or tab out to a secondary site would in my view defeat the purpose of the advertising system, as 99% of players would not see the ad. they are also highly effective at conveying information to newer players as it requires no knowledge from them on where to obtain information.

In full agreement that the phone needs a revamp tho. but this isnt the thread for that.

How is it not the thread for that if it literally is about a weazel news app 🧠

• Like 1