Denni

Namechange + Plastic Surgery to RESET alias

Unsure if this is a thing but...

If I pay to change my name - I should have all my aliases reset (for others and myself).
If I pay for surgery - this should also reset my aliases (for others and myself).

What do you guys think?

After a comment from ItsPazz I'd like to add this would be for major changes. Not small changes. With the option to say yes or no to an alias reset.

Edited by Denni
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For both I think you should have the option to have it reset, not be forced, I wouldn't want everyone's alias for me to reset if I adjust something minor in plastic surgery, or if my last name were to change due to something like a marriage. Unless, you mean aliases you've set reset?

Edited by ItsPazz

1 minute ago, ItsPazz said:

For both I think you should have the option to have it reset, not be forced, I wouldn't want everyone's alias for me to reset if I adjust something minor in plastic surgery, or if my last name were to change due to something like a marriage. Unless, you mean aliases you've set reset?

Actually now you say that... If I am making big changes, then reset both! The ones I have and the ones people have of me.

I think there should be an option in PD to namechange or change characters, aka one would be for changing the name of the same person and the other would be for changing the name to create a new persona, with that one costing more and removing charges from your account, and also resetting aliases. I also agree with the plastic surgery, you should have the option to reset Aliases however this should not be forced

5 hours ago, Denni said:

Unsure if this is a thing but...

If I pay to change my name - I should have all my aliases reset (for others and myself).
If I pay for surgery - this should also reset my aliases (for others and myself).

What do you guys think?

After a comment from ItsPazz I'd like to add this would be for major changes. Not small changes. With the option to say yes or no to an alias reset.

+1

I like the idea, but I agree that alias should be reset too, no option to select, should be mandatory.

+1 to an implementation of some kind.

Have to keep in mind people change their names if they're married also.

MD should have a 'permanent NLR' option that costs some money and let's you recreate and rename your character all in one go, then offer you a teleport. This would also change your stranger tag, thus unaliasing your character.

Edited by Xoza

1 minute ago, Xoza said:

+1 to an implementation of some kind.

Have to keep in mind people change their names if they're married also.

MD should have a 'permanent NLR' option that costs some money and let's you recreate and rename your character all in one go, then offer you a teleport. This would also change your stranger tag, thus unaliasing your character.

Love this adaption. +1

+1 on the name change thing. Maybe do if like someone only changes his/her lastname it doesn't trigger alais reset (for maried people) and when you do a full name change it triggers a alias reset for all the other people and the person itself.
That would ineed also prevent that people have to say they CK'ed the whole time.

not sure abotuy the plastic surgery as indeed some peopel change small things that don't make thema new person.

15 hours ago, MusketDeezNuts said:

Maybe an option to do so. But just for a name change no. As a name change does not mean a CK to everyone. Maybe he is going into witness protection. Or hes changing from criminal to civ. For a job.

I also RPed a big accident and changed my characters face. It does not mean I would like my alias to reset.

I think the suggestion has evolved with the entries above, or we can open a new one. Opinion @Denni?

It really should be a completely separate option from renaming and surgery to essentially 'recreate' a character. Pay 50k, get the character creation dialog, face>body>hair>name>wipe record>done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xoza said:

I think the suggestion has evolved with the entries above, or we can open a new one. Opinion @Denni?

It really should be a completely separate option from renaming and surgery to essentially 'recreate' a character. Pay 50k, get the character creation dialog, face>body>hair>name>wipe record>done.

Sure! 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.