TheCZJ

Gun on the hip?

Hi, I've not been playing for too long but have been enjoying my time on the server so far. I am learning new things by the day but one thing that truly surprised me was the gun on the hip system? 

So, I'm walking down the street with a gun on my person and I didn't actually think the gun sitting on my hip outside of my jacket was visible to people, I thought it must've been a glitch of sorts but it wasn't and it turns out people can actually see it with no way of me to conceal it.

My question is why? I've never seen anybody hold a gun on the outside of their jacket on their waistline. It's unheard of really. I'm surprised there isn't a /conceal option so you can tuck your gun away. Being realistic, nobody walks around with their gun out on display like that especially criminals with illegal firearms. 

I believe this is a system that works against criminals and in favour of the police, I don't think it's fair that police can know straight away who has a weapon on them just by looking at their character. I understand with hard to conceal items or heavy weapons but a pistol can easily be tucked away either inside a coat or in your waistline with a t shirt pulled over it so I can't quite figure out why the obvious option to conceal your pistol isn't actually an option.

I also believe this can spoil a lot of roleplay scenarios. You can't be armed and approach anybody and just have a normal roleplay experience because they see the elephant in the room instantly - the gun on the outside of your jacket on your hip. 

My suggestion is to maybe have a look at that and see if there are any other alternatives simply due to the unrealistic nature of it alone. 

Thanks for reading! 

Edited by TheCZJ
Edit
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Herbo said:

+/- 1

-1 - There's plenty of clothing options that make the guns hard / impossible to see, just wear them and Devs have more important things we'd all rather them work on

+1 - Would be a cool system to see but I just don't see the point RN.

Thanks for the response.

You shouldn't really have to wear crazy clothing to hide a gun when IRL you could conceal a gun whilst wearing a t-shirt and shorts. 

For myself and many, many others I think there's definitely a point for it. I think anybody who illegally carries firearms would benefit from being able to conceal and not have everybody in the server know that you're carrying.

13 minutes ago, AnakinB said:

+1 Good idea which should be implemented at some point, however right now I feel theres more important updates to be made. 

Surely it's not hard to change something like that. Gun on the hip is a serious deal breaker. I've seen so many people who just talk shit in their cars and won't get out because it will show they have a gun on them. 

• Like 1

A lot of people have suggested this in the past but it has been ignored despite the amount of positive reactions so I believe it's balance related. If you want to have a gun and be able to conceal it you should get a small one then look for clothing that can efficiently hide it or get a bag that can cover it. A big one should be stored inside a bag, a vehicle, etc.

1 minute ago, TheCactus said:

A lot of people have suggested this in the past but it has been ignored despite the amount of positive reactions so I believe it's balance related. If you want to have a gun and be able to conceal it you should get a small one then look for clothing that can efficiently hide it or get a bag that can cover it. A big one should be stored inside a bag, a vehicle, etc.

Yeah I agree with the big guns. However a .50 isn't that big and that's the main small gun everyone uses. Shouldn't be visible on the hip IMO

On 2/22/2023 at 11:13 PM, Herbo said:

+/- 1

-1 - There's plenty of clothing options that make the guns hard / impossible to see, just wear them and Devs have more important things we'd all rather them work on

+1 - Would be a cool system to see but I just don't see the point RN.

+1. as "crackslaps" said finding clothes that make guns hard / impossible to see is silly, you would probably look goofy and made fun of. I think this command should only work on pistols as heavy weapons already are hidden if you're in a vehicle.

On 2/23/2023 at 4:50 PM, Avon said:

+1 Agree, a simple change but adds so much to the game and everyone. Getting stopped and arrested by Police because they can see the gun on your hip is just a different level of annoyance. Hopefully this can get changed soon. 

True that

Edited by Memento

+1/-1, - Originally I would have said this is absolutely necessary, however, I believe it does bring an important risk factor to criminal RP.

To keep things balanced maybe implement a "concealable holster" which is illegal, and thus only obtainable through criminal drops and takes up around 5 inventory volume, which when in your inventory would allow a firearm to be concealable and only in this case. Thus only a limited amount of people would be able to conceal their firearms, unsure how this would work with development though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, equ1nox_ said:

Maybe carry a smaller gun thats easier to conceal. SNS or Combat pistol. You realistically wont able be able to conceal a .50 (Desert Eagle) behind a shirt due to its size. A smaller pistol is very easy to hide behind a jacket or more loose clothing.

Well yeah, but if we're using logic how is a crate small enought to fit in "pockets" when you have to carry it with 2 hands?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • POG 1

overall -1

Lots of people are saying it doesn't make sense to be able to conceal a .50 but IRL there is in-fact conceal carry options for weapons that are as large as a Desert Eagle for individuals of all body types.

The issue IMO is not realism, it is balance.

If you would like to conceal a pistol, I think it is a simple decision to move down to any of the other calibers which get less and less power but can be concealed easily via very normal looking clothing. I do not support being able to conceal carry the most powerful pistol, there needs to be balance. No one here who is in favor of the conceal option even tries to balance the fact that their weapon is hidden by adding something like increased draw time.

There should be an array of choices and relevant consequences for those choices, if there is not, that is when games become stale and boring.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Kjaer said:

overall -1

Lots of people are saying it doesn't make sense to be able to conceal a .50 but IRL there is in-fact conceal carry options for weapons that are as large as a Desert Eagle for individuals of all body types.

If you would like to conceal a pistol, I think it is a simple decision to move down to any of the other calibers which get less and less power but can be concealed easily via very normal looking clothing. I do not support being able to conceal carry the most powerful pistol, there needs to be balance. No one here who is in favor of the conceal option even tries to balance the fact that their weapon is hidden by adding something like increased draw time.

There should be an array of choices and relevant consequences for those choices, if there is not, that is when games become stale and boring.

Ngl, I really dunno what you're trying to say here.

Pistols should be concealed, heavy weapons visible. It's really that simple. That's what the "balance" should be.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kjaer said:

overall -1

The issue is absolutely realism. When's the last time you saw anybody with a gun on their hip outside of their clothing? Cmon, it's unheard of. I don't think it's a matter of size in this case either because even a knife in game sits on your hip... 

In my opinion, I do feel like a lot of people who disagree with a conceal option are those who seem to benefit from being able to see armed people coming a mile off. I think it really takes away from solid criminal RP which is already lacking as it is. 

I have tried every jacket there is and nothing can completely hide a .50. I understand it is a larger pistol but it's still very much concealable. A long hoodie and a coat should suffice. 

If the issue is balance - people being able to see that you're armed straight away doesn't feel very balanced to me. I do not see any positives or "balance" in not being able to conceal a pistol or even a knife. It works against the person RP'ing as a criminal and nothing else.

Edited by TheCZJ
Edit
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TheCZJ said:

The issue is absolutely realism. When's the last time you saw anybody with a gun on their hip outside of their clothing? Cmon, it's unheard of. I don't think it's a matter of size in this case either because even a knife in game sits on your hip... 

In my opinion, I do feel like a lot of people who disagree with a conceal option are those who seem to benefit from being able to see armed people coming a mile off. I think it really takes away from solid criminal RP which is already lacking as it is. 

I have tried every jacket there is and nothing can completely hide a .50. I understand it is a larger pistol but it's still very much concealable. A long hoodie and a coat should suffice. 

If the issue is balance - people being able to see that you're armed straight away doesn't feel very balanced to me. I do not see any positives or "balance" in not being able to conceal a pistol or even a knife. It works against the person RP'ing as a criminal and nothing else.

That is perfect reason why "some people" criticize it this much. Because then they will have to do actual rp to find out if someone is having illegal gun on him or not, thus less chance to trow that person in jail, and as we all know it, for some it is all their main goal and "win mentality". It makes perfect sense that one can have gun hidden under his clothes so that it isn't visible from bystanders pow, however I do believe that anything larger than hand gun (Pistols, tazers, knife and maybe some other small deadly weapon) should be visible, because realistically there is no way that someone might hide Ak47 or ak-m or whatever big rifle under his clothes.

Big, biiig +1 to this idea and it shouldn't be taking ages to be implemented, as it is important qol aspect that also should lessen the amount of MG reports due to the fact that it is uncertain if someone "sees gun poking out of someone's pocket" or no. 

Overall, in my personal opinion, I don't see any negative sides to this suggestion only the one that someone has to actually script it. Please prove me wrong, I like to discuss and maybe some of my believes are wrong and maybe something slipped out of my hands. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Antonio_Colombo said:

That is perfect reason why "some people" criticize it this much. Because then they will have to do actual rp to find out if someone is having illegal gun on him or not, thus less chance to trow that person in jail, and as we all know it, for some it is all their main goal and "win mentality". It makes perfect sense that one can have gun hidden under his clothes so that it isn't visible from bystanders pow, however I do believe that anything larger than hand gun (Pistols, tazers, knife and maybe some other small deadly weapon) should be visible, because realistically there is no way that someone might hide Ak47 or ak-m or whatever big rifle under his clothes.

Big, biiig +1 to this idea and it shouldn't be taking ages to be implemented, as it is important qol aspect that also should lessen the amount of MG reports due to the fact that it is uncertain if someone "sees gun poking out of someone's pocket" or no. 

Overall, in my personal opinion, I don't see any negative sides to this suggestion only the one that someone has to actually script it. Please prove me wrong, I like to discuss and maybe some of my believes are wrong and maybe something slipped out of my hands. 

I agree with all of the above. And yes of course this is only valid for smaller weapons like you said. I completely agree, anything else would be unrealistic. Hopefully at some point we'll get to see this implemented! 

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2023 at 5:50 PM, Herbo said:

Why are you using the example of getting stopped and arrested because the cop could see your gun. That’s just you not making good IC decisions to carry an illegal firearm in front of a cop. It’s a very easily avoidable situation

I assume you're commenting in regards to what I said so I'll respond... IRL you could carry a weapon under your jumper/jacket and walk past a cop, even acknowledge them and continue your day. On here, if I have a weapon on me because I'm doing criminal RP then I walk past a cop they stop me instantly because they can see it. I shouldn't have to wear certain clothes to hide it. I should just be able to have it hidden by doing a command. It's a really simple fix that benefits so many people instantly. 

Maybe even better suggestion: since we have 2 slots for hand guns, one of these slots could have ability to hide gun by default. This way, there is no need to worry if hiding gun synced properly or not. And in case someone carries two guns, which is ICly illegal, on of the guns will be visible and it will remain it somehow balanced for police. 

Edited by Antonio_Colombo
  • Upvote 1