TheCZJ

Gun on the hip?

The thing with a /conceal or an extra "hidden" slot in the inventory is that a character in his underwear could still hide his gun and thats unrealistic.

Not that i'm against a way for people to ccw I just cant find a fair way to implement it as it would be dependent on your choise of clothing, in a sence people can already do it with clothing, bags or the glovebox.

maybe with the upcoming clothing update we will have more freedom in this.

1 hour ago, Tom Solar said:

The thing with a /conceal or an extra "hidden" slot in the inventory is that a character in his underwear could still hide his gun and thats unrealistic.

Not that i'm against a way for people to ccw I just cant find a fair way to implement it as it would be dependent on your choise of clothing, in a sence people can already do it with clothing, bags or the glovebox.

maybe with the upcoming clothing update we will have more freedom in this.

... If that update ever rolls out, and that's a big if. Simple check could be placed, and if person isn't wearing anything, then the slot simply don't work hiding gun, it is visible the way it is now with both slots. That one hiding slot could work only if player wears clothe, then it wouldn't be abused, I think. 

No one currently users SNS or combat pistols. I think to bring balance to the guns, allow smaller guns such as these to be concealed, but larger and higher damage guns such as .50 should be visible. This would give a purpose to these guns and get them to actually have a use. 

• Like 1

An issue i don't see brought up here is that. There is no clothes for the Female player model. that can cover ANY of the firearms we currently have access to, nether the sns or pistol can be covered on a female player model without a big puffy jacket and a bag. and still the gun is visible

56 minutes ago, inorigj said:

An issue i don't see brought up here is that. There is no clothes for the Female player model. that can cover ANY of the firearms we currently have access to, nether the sns or pistol can be covered on a female player model without a big puffy jacket and a bag. and still the gun is visible

I mean that's another issue to add onto it. Are there more clothing options that need to be added to the server that could remedy this or would a command to conceal a weapon be more useful? 

5 minutes ago, Avon said:

I mean that's another issue to add onto it. Are there more clothing options that need to be added to the server that could remedy this or would a command to conceal a weapon be more useful? 

There is a planned large clothing/character update on the way at some point to add more customization options for hair, clothing, characters, etc....

24 minutes ago, Bill Breacher said:

There is a planned large clothing/character update on the way at some point to add more customization options for hair, clothing, characters, etc....

Result, hopefully that will fix one issue. 

#Road2ConcealWeapon 

i tested it out and at least on a male character its very easy to completely conceal something of the size of a combat pistol, you can even almost completely hide a .50.

And if you're gonna say "nobody uses sns or combat pistols" then maybe the concealing factor is a reason to use a combat pistol or some other small firearm.

2 hours ago, Tom Solar said:

i tested it out and at least on a male character its very easy to completely conceal something of the size of a combat pistol, you can even almost completely hide a .50.

And if you're gonna say "nobody uses sns or combat pistols" then maybe the concealing factor is a reason to use a combat pistol or some other small firearm.

A gun is a gun to me, if somebody offers to sell me a SNS pistol, I'm not going to refuse for a .50 personally. It would just be nice to wear what we want and not be limited for the sake of 1 command. 

37 minutes ago, Shining0103 said:

If we're talking about realism, I'd rather for the heavy weapons visual bug/desync to be fixed first. It's becoming quite common to see people pull an AK/shotgun from their ass when in a car/bike they didn't seem to have nothing at all on their back. 

Yes that's an issue too, not that I've experienced currently but for now I'd be happy with a way to conceal small handhelds. 

On 3/8/2023 at 11:08 AM, Tom Solar said:

No its really not. Using smaller caliber weapons puts you in even bigger disadvantage when youre solo/with a couple friends when there are 30+ people in gangs dominating drug locations and such

I havent read every response but I think to fix the issue of ".50 too Big cant conseal it" there should be a timer. Smaller caliber pistols take less Time to take out when bigger caliber pistols takes way longer. There also should be an animation playing while taking out the pistol so it just doesnt appear out of nowhere