alexalex303

Reduce high performance bike fuel tanks

Hello.

I believe that high performance motor-bikes currently have too generous fuel capacity and that it should be reduced in order to increase roleplay opportunities. A person driving without stopping for a very long time does not allow for emergent gameplay; but more stops at gas stations cycles money through the economy by spending it at the gas station and allows other players to roleplay with the person as they are refueling.

I believe it would be an all-around improvement.

• Like 3
  • NAY 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • chill 1
  • dead 9

-1, sounds LEO biased. Bikes already have small fuel tanks. The average sports bike can run on a tank for around 400km, A Ford Interceptor ( IRL Scout ) Can run for about 600km considering it's fully geared up and everything. Does it seem fair for your average LSPD Scout to be able to drive around the state 10 times before it runs out and for a bike that the player pays for out of their own pocket, to only drive 10km before it runs out? The world doesn't revolve around LEOs and their pursuits, let's remember that please 🙂 Maybe I just want to enjoy my sports bike and cruise around without having to refuel. Why should I be limited because too many criminals have evaded LSPD recently?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very convenient that ALL LEO's don't refuel at all, they just spawn a new bike or car when they run out of fuel, secondary point many people who choose not to buy VIP every month would be severely disadvantaged due to not investing money into the server which I do not agree with at all. I don't see anyone complaining about the fuel tanks of bikes, to me this suggestion is again heavily sided towards wanting to arrest more people and making it harder on criminals (I suggest anyone rides a BF400 or Drag without VIP around the city and see how many times they have to refuel), criminal scene is non existent can we please get some suggestions on how to improve it rather than constantly trying to drag it further down which changes that negatively affect criminals and criminals only.

• Upvote 1
  • hand 1

Okay but this will only affect criminal's that is what I am saying. PD AND SD they do not refuel at all, literally not once so it will not affect them one bit, they do not have to spend money or spend the time or stop in a pursuit to get fuel or any of the above? do you not also think that should be changed to "increase the health of the game"?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LucasJHughes said:

Okay but this will only affect criminal's that is what I am saying. PD AND SD they do not refuel at all, literally not once so it will not affect them one bit, they do not have to spend money or spend the time or stop in a pursuit to get fuel or any of the above? do you not also think that should be changed to "increase the health of the game"?

Crims are not allowed to refuel mid pursuit anyway :)) LEOs go to the garage, type /delcruiser and /fspawn shinobi then resume! OMG! I thought rules are for everyone!

Just now, LucasJHughes said:

I don't follow, at all.

Deputy John Doe is chasing someone on a Shinobi. If the Shinobi has less gas, he has to return that Shinobi to a precinct, or else it will stop working. 

Criminal John Doe is chasing someone on a Shinobi. If the Shinobi has less gas, he has to go to a gas station, or else it will stop working.

It is the same for both people, the only difference is that law enforcement gets their gas for free, which can be the topic of another suggestion, but, the fuel tank affects both equally.

They do however, Criminal John Doe is not allowed to refuel in any pursuits.

Deputy John Doe types /delcruiser /fspawn cruiser and then drives off in a brand new cruiser with fresh fuel and 1000 "health"

Everyone apart from law enforcement would be affected by these changes due to as previously mentioned they do not repair their cars, they do not fuel their cars, everything is instantly spawned from Mission Row.

The main issue for me here is the perspective of bikes having less fuel, bikes being one of the few ways to have a better chance to escape law enforcement therefore simply just making it harder to get away and easier for law enforcement who when they run out of fuel just respawn a bike immediately with their AHK with no RP involved and always have 2 bikes on the chase anyway, more people getting 3 hours of Netflix simulator, more often.

Edited by LucasJHughes
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I could care less about this being about crims or LEOs, I just don’t really like things being nerfed as it harms the economy of the current things in the cycle. Nerfing Shinobi’s, Drags, and other bikes really wouldn’t change a whole lot unless it was a drastic amount in terms of percent, like say 50%; and that realistically wouldn’t help solve the issue in my opinion. Sure people can zoom around on Shinobis for a few hours without refueling, but nerfing them will only increase the amount of Issi Sports, Jugulars, and Elegys on the server. I like the concept of the suggestion forcing more interaction with people by making them refuel more often; but I think a global nerf to all gas tanks would do that just the same and that’s not something I’d be behind either. Sometimes we should sacrifice realism for the sake of fun, and in my opinion; this is one of those times.

TL;DR: Nerfs hurt games and fun. Plz no.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Nonetheless, I think we should focus more on what's better for the health of the game.

And how exactly are your suggestions focusing on what's better for the health of the game?

Would you rather have crims get tired of your questionable suggestions and quit the server? Or keep things as it stands and start making suggestions that would actually help the dying side of the server?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, would you have suggested that if you still played on your crim? I doubt.

• Like 3

On 2/16/2023 at 12:25 PM, alexalex303 said:

Hello.

I believe that high performance motor-bikes currently have too generous fuel capacity and that it should be reduced in order to increase roleplay opportunities. A person driving without stopping for a very long time does not allow for emergent gameplay; but more stops at gas stations cycles money through the economy by spending it at the gas station and allows other players to roleplay with the person as they are refueling.

I believe it would be an all-around improvement.

-1, I think bikes having the fuel that they have now is pretty good to be honest, any lower and it just becomes a hassle, reducing bikes fuel wouldn't cycle more money through the economy as the tank would just get smaller, meaning it would cost less for the bike to actually get refuelled. Seems like a very unnecessary change as bikes aren't exactly overpowered for either side of the server. From my experience in a Bifta, driving from catfish (Sealab) to drift gas should not take up 85% of my fuel tank, it is literally a 4 mile drive tops. If every bike was this way then it would just be annoying as a whole. Not to mention the effects it would have on the factions who's lore is literally to drive bikes. E.g. LostMC's favourable choice of the gargoyle already has some of the worst fuel consumption on the server, and the LSMC (who I've seen driving bikes like shinobis, Akumas, Batis etc) would just have their lore vehicles driven into the ground, whether they're used for criminal shit or not.

• Like 1

-1 And I'm not against the idea of less fuel of in those bikes, but nerfing anything that players depend on alot and that they paid millions for is just unfair. It's not really an improvement even for LEO because where's the fun in someone evading for a couple of minutes and then running out of fuel? Situations are meant to last long, that's RP and that's what makes the game more enjoyable. I'd much rather chase the same bike for a good hour than spend most of my time waiting for someone going 81 to pull them over. The idea of trying to end every situation as fast as possible is what harms the community more than everything, it makes interactions overall boring for both sides. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2