Antonio_Colombo

Ability to mute weazel news

4 hours ago, Bala said:

If we're not going to add anything new, like updating the Toys R Us phone with adverts or ticker tape then please;

• Remove the rule reminders for all those that are not new players. 
  • Increase the amount of time between Weazel adverts.
  • Get Weazel to go easier on the colours, perhaps even sticking to specific colours to designate something is an advert.
  • When someone puts up a new backup call/panic alarm, make it refresh their active backup call if they have one active so it doesn't create more.
  • Add a shortcut to respond to the latest 911 call for emergency factions.
  • Change the panic alarm text color to red.
  • Reset 911 call numbers at 00:00 in game.
  • Change the Impound Notification to be like the lottery, above the GPS, with the location of which impound it is.
  • Add the option to toggle /b, unless an admin is talking to you. 
  • Add "adblocker" as a feature for VIP, with only the community events exempt from the block. 
    I don't need to know if you selling your property, if I don't want to buy one.

Facts +666

11 hours ago, Bala said:

If we're not going to add anything new, like updating the Toys R Us phone with adverts or ticker tape then please;

• Get Weazel to go easier on the colours, perhaps even sticking to specific colours to designate something is an advert.
  • When someone puts up a new backup call/panic alarm, make it refresh their active backup call if they have one active so it doesn't create more.
  • Change the Impound Notification to be like the lottery, above the GPS, with the location of which impound it is.
  • Add "adblocker" as a feature for VIP, with only the community events exempt from the block. 

Bro opened forums and decided to speak the language of ong frfr

12 hours ago, Bala said:
    I don't need to know if you selling your property, if I don't want to buy one

+10000 on my mama i do not need to see Weazel ads if I'm not buying something, plus I have admin chat, faction chat, backups, calls, panics, impound calls, and on top of all of that a rainbow text spam with emojis from Weazel. Chat needs to be cleared a bit cause there's too much going on at the moment and most of them are the same color and you get lost scrolling up and down trying to find the thing you are looking for. The idea for the ad blocker for Diamond VIP is good but i think providing something for the normal player base would be nice too so they can toggle it.

As others have said, this would literally kill the faction. Increasing the time between ads also does not work because within the faction, minimum bulks are required for Weazel faction members to run (75 for each advertiser, 50 for each manager, and 25 for each media team every week). With there already being a time limit of 3 ads every 5 minutes. It's also the only way to actively communicate information across the entire city for information. IMO hiding this would further hurt already hurting Civ Roleplay in the city. In that same breath, you could say just have people post their items for sale on LifeInvader only, which would just kill the RP as a whole. As a crim my phone was off 99% of the time to avoid tracing. 

My suggestion would be to change the location of the advertising interface, maybe above the GPS like the Powerball UI or when your car is being broken into. Keep the text chat purely for RP text. I feel like there used to be a communication system in the city that allowed for ads there so the script may be easier to implement since we likely will not get a full phone overhaul. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bala said:

This and also, please make the chat readable in 4K and higher resolutions (either by scaling or by an option to change the size manually). The chat is important on this server and playing in 4K is literally causing eye strain. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2024 at 2:52 PM, GR_Seb said:

To be honest, all these advertisements are forced upon us even if we like it or not, even if you have not a single electronic device you'll see advertisements like there's a fucking ad chip in your brain. It's one of the worst features in the server and it should change. I don't care if it will affect Weazel news or not. And no, you can't take it up IC because for some magic reason, even if you have no electronic devices on you and you're stranded on an island, you'll see advertisements, which is the most unimmersive thing. Even if you take up ICly, and say "I do not wish to see your advertisements anymore"  There's nothing they can do.

Advertisements should be togglable. Simple as that.

...right?

That's what I meant, it's not about likes or dislikes of any or all specific organizations, its just about the situation, that can be briefly described by a well known world-wide phrase: "...it izzz, what it iiizzzzzz.....".

Like, we are always told to take it IC, but IC rarely, or never, reflects on OOC, sadly.

We could RP in the most fanciest, never before seen ways about it, but that is uneven fight, like monkey vs fish... POINTLESSS!!! 🤣👌

j.k., of course, but still...

by definition, ability to see IC information, provided from weazel news (IC) in times when IC'ly it would be impossible...

it is paradox! 😅

giphy.gif

Edited by Antonio_Colombo