Donovan

Criminal " Jobs "

So I know that this has been something that everyone that plays or has a criminal character noticed and complained about , and that is lack of content specially when it comes to making money as a criminal . Doing drugs for 5h+ or robbing stores gets stale and boring fast specially if you are up for a long run to actually earn decent amount of money . I've thought about it a bit and figured few things that could be implemented to add things to do besides " creating " your own fun as a criminal . 

Smuggling Jobs : Most likelly alot of people that play here have played GTA Online at one point or another and had or did a CEO mission , that's where I got the idea from . So as a criminal ( inside official faction ) you'd have few places located across the map which would be " smuggling hangars/warehouses in which people could start a smuggling run . When you start it , you'd have the option of chosing the type of run you want to do ( Jewelry , Counterfeit goods , Electronics etc ) , each selection would have different possible spawn points and one of them would be selected on RNG , when you go to the location there would be a van/suv stashed which would contain it and you will need to deliver it to the same warehouse you started the run from , after you delive it based on the " difficulty " of the run ( Jewelry would give more money but you will get a slower vehicle and a further point of pickup from the warehouse compared to Electronics for example , but would pay more on the successful delivery ) . The way to balance it out with it being a " criminal " activity , police should get an anonymous 911 call with the starting location of it that would mark the vehicle for first 5-10 seconds after the run starts so they can get the general idea of where the criminal is headed with the goods . One thing I've also thought regarding this job is vehicle health/dmg , it exists in the online but I am not sure if it could be implemented here on RAGE . So basicly the lower the health of your vehicle is ( as in more you hit it or get into crashes ) lower the payout on the delivery since the goods would be broken etc. 

Bounty Hunter Job : So we are all familliar when someone steals your vehicle for example and you decide to regroup with your criminal friends and try and find him cause police is 9/10 times busy with something else more important then chasing bolos. With the implementation of this job it would give civilians/criminals a chance to be involved with other players and " action " and at the same time help others in need . The way I thought it could work is make a checkpoint somwhere on the map that would be suiting for the job of a Bounty Hunter, people could go there to get a job obviously but also that would be a location for anyone in the need of one to go to to make a bounty. When you get to the checkpoint you type a certain command in which you make a selection if you are looking for the vehicle or the person , then give a description and also set your reward after which you type your phone number . After you do so , everyone on " duty " as Bounty Hunter would get a notification that someone made a bounty and receive a text on their phone with the information of it from the anonymous number with the description of the bounty and the phone number of the creator of it in order to contact him when the job is done ( as in found the car/person of interest ) . When both parties meet on the end of the bounty , person with the job of Bounty Hunter types a command for example /bountyoffer which the person who posted it accepts and pays with the reward they entered when they made the bounty from their bank account . So no way from anyone to get scammed . 

I've got plenty of other ideas regarding criminal/civilian life , but would like to hear your oppinions before or if I should even post any more 

Edited by Gangula

+1, ideas below

Smuggler

• You can either bring a stolen vehicle or get a random scrap vehicle from the job. Can't use one that belongs to you.
  • The pickup point fills every slot of the vehicle with "Smuggled <Name>"
  • Weight of these items slows the vehicle down. If you toss one item out, speed increases.
  • Removing an item from the vehicle over-weighs and slows your character and plays the carrying box animation adding restrictions. Can only carry one at a time from inventory slot to inventory slot. Can't be placed in any other vehicle except the one originally filled, or the value is quartered.
  • At drop off, Pay = # of Items - Damage + Distance.

Bounty Hunter (Bounty Board)

• Place a bounty.
    • By contacting weasel.
    • By contacting a phone number (not given, would have to find)
    • Police can place bounties via MDC/Warrants.
    • Provide partial name or ID, they have to be online at the time and encountered in the last hour.
    • Details needed would be Name (if known) gender, skin, hair, clothing, and reason for bounty. +Type of bounty, capture, jail (police) or kill.
    • Pay the bounty amount. If caught, hunter half of what's paid, if killed, hunter gets, a quarter of the amount, if Jailed, the hunter gets the full amount..
  • Get a bounty.
    • Randomly given, with a cool down of one hour for online players only. (If they log off, the bounty cooldown reduces to 15 minutes, unless the previous bounty logs back in.)
    • If other players are hunting and have the same bounty, credit is split when a collection happens.
    • Gives all details (except ID).
    • You're given 1-3 hours to claim the bounty and can only hold one bounty at a time.
  • Collect on a bounty.
    • Capture - Requires you to take the individual to a random location, when they are turned in, you gain credit and they are teleported to a random location on the map injured and an anonymous medical call is made for them.
    • Jail - Only for police bounties, You gain half credit if you're on the bounty when they are /jail or /prison'ed. If you are near the jail or prison at the time of capture, you're given full credit.
    • Kill - If they have a bounty, when you down the individual you can /claimbounty ##. From there you can either finish them or walk away.
    • Bounty placer would receive a text from an anonymous number, that their request has been completed (NLR in effect)
Edited by Xoza

I like the smuggling thing, but not the Bounty Hunter job.
Server is already filled with people looking for an excuse to KOS or DM, we don't need to give them another excuse.

If you want to be a Bounty Hunter, check on the forums for companies hiring or make your own.

The server is already focused a lot towards criminal content, so if the choice is between Criminal or Civilian focused development, then I'd definitely say that we should focus more on Civilian content. 

And criminals won't stop robbing civilians just because we add more content, I'm pretty sure that robbers rob because it's fun driving around and fucking with people, not because it's that profitable. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Vasquez said:

I like the smuggling thing, but not the Bounty Hunter job.
Server is already filled with people looking for an excuse to KOS or DM, we don't need to give them another excuse.

If you want to be a Bounty Hunter, check on the forums for companies hiring or make your own.

The server is already focused a lot towards criminal content, so if the choice is between Criminal or Civilian focused development, then I'd definitely say that we should focus more on Civilian content. 

And criminals won't stop robbing civilians just because we add more content, I'm pretty sure that robbers rob because it's fun driving around and fucking with people, not because it's that profitable. 

Well the other day , my mate robbed a guy at the parking lot because he was from the gang that we are in war with and he got few pistols , few radios , an ak and some otoher stuff out of it ... So I'd say if you rob only gang members it is quite profitable , I personally never rob civilians cause I do not see the point in it 

23 minutes ago, Gangula said:

Well the other day , my mate robbed a guy at the parking lot because he was from the gang that we are in war with and he got few pistols , few radios , an ak and some otoher stuff out of it ... So I'd say if you rob only gang members it is quite profitable , I personally never rob civilians cause I do not see the point in it 

Fact is that most of the time it ain't worth robbing civilians. If you are lucky you get a burger and maybe a radio or weak gun.
People who rob civilians don't do it because of lack of criminal content, but because they find it amusing to be in control and free stuff never hurt no criminal, right?

6 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

+1 There is jack shit to do as a crim except make drugs, take drugs, kill drugs, kill gangs, run from carbine cops, die from carbine cops, and get arrested by carbine cops. WTB more civilian content.

I mean it's what you make of those opportunities. Because fuck the roleplay if there's no script to take drugs which makes you hallucinate which led you to try making out with your homie aspect am I rightt - UP TOP. oh wait I had to actually use my creativity to roleplay that.

I agree robbery amounts to very little when jumping civilians. My mechanic was robbed again yesterday, 2nd day in a row, same time, probably the same people... seriously? Took a car that's probably worth no more than 1k chopped and they didn't even take the drug supplies from the car. Running money truck you can earn 6k an hour (not following road laws).

It would be nice to have a few 'non-legal' jobs that have slightly more pay and risk, but civilian jobs can be done by criminals as well, without pushing a civilian to tarnish their record just because it pays a little more.

On 1/9/2019 at 12:03 PM, Xoza said:

I agree robbery amounts to very little when jumping civilians. My mechanic was robbed again yesterday, 2nd day in a row, same time, probably the same people... seriously? Took a car that's probably worth no more than 1k chopped and they didn't even take the drug supplies from the car. Running money truck you can earn 6k an hour (not following road laws).

It would be nice to have a few 'non-legal' jobs that have slightly more pay and risk, but civilian jobs can be done by criminals as well, without pushing a civilian to tarnish their record just because it pays a little more.

Chopped cars are 3K minimum (unless they are credit cars)

Edited by Nubbsauce

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.