Armando_Zampelli

Speed vehicles

Vehicles used to have no speed cap at which point the vast majority of criminals resorted to a gameplay style that was very unhealthy and made no sense roleplay-wise. This still happens today to various extents, however, because there is a speed cap, the difference between the most meta vehicle and a "roleplay vehicle" is much narrower.

• Upvote 2

On 1/1/2023 at 5:37 PM, Armando_Zampelli said:

Why do most vehicles seem to be capped at 220-250? Its kinda strange to have a 1 mill sport sedan fully-maxed and then a random kamacho just passes you by like nothing.

Is this something thats going to be changed in the future or no

so my suggestion: realistic speeds, faster cars, less OP SUVs i guess?

The best thing is than you have CometS2 and PD SUV or Cruiser can go the same speed  😄 

These cars speeds is a bit weird fo sure 

10 minutes ago, Salvador Rivera said:

The best thing is than you have CometS2 and PD SUV or Cruiser can go the same speed  😄 

These cars speeds is a bit weird fo sure 

Ok then lets give PD a CometS2 since that makes more sense. The car's shell isn't what gives it speed. It's the engine. Cop cars usually have upgraded engines. For example a police tahoe probably wouldn't have the same engine as a civilian tahoe.

Edited by Jett_J

1 hour ago, Jett_J said:

Ok then lets give PD a CometS2 since that makes more sense. The car's shell isn't what gives it speed. It's the engine. Cop cars usually have upgraded engines. For example a police tahoe probably wouldn't have the same engine as a civilian tahoe.

wouldn't even bother responding jett, he thinks the comet S2 is the fastest car on the server 💀

• Like 1
  • dead 1

8 hours ago, hrxvey said:

wouldn't even bother responding jett, he thinks the comet S2 is the fastest car on the server 💀

I don't know what u think but for example CS2 should go faster than  PD SUV or Cruiser . 

I don't know which car is faster but it's definitely not this one ''CS2'' 

All Clear, you guys are smarter than me about cars I see ,  

Nerf PD, buff Crims. It does not make sense that crim in super car can't go faster than cops because "it hurts good rp practices and it hurts pd feelings".  Crim paid for that car from his own pocket, whereas cop just use it for free, so normally it would be only logical that crim can go faster because well, he/she paid for that speed. Screw that, it is unhealthy that cops don't use their brain to catch criminals, plan sting operations and such to get them, rather just relay that they get free maxed cars that are faster than any other car out there. Now that I call unrealistic and unhealthy. 

Edited by Antonio_Colombo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

On 1/1/2023 at 6:37 PM, Armando_Zampelli said:

Why do most vehicles seem to be capped at 220-250? Its kinda strange to have a 1 mill sport sedan fully-maxed and then a random kamacho just passes you by like nothing.

Is this something thats going to be changed in the future or no

so my suggestion: realistic speeds, faster cars, less OP SUVs i guess?

-1 vehicle types not depended on speed

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Antonio_Colombo said:

Nerf PD, buff Crims. It does not make sense that crim in super car can't go faster than cops because "it hurts good rp practices and it hurts pd feelings".  Crim paid for that car from his own pocket, whereas cop just use it for free, so normally it would be only logical that crim can go faster because well, he/she paid for that speed. Screw that, it is unhealthy that cops don't use their brain to catch criminals, plan sting operations and such to get them, rather just relay that they get free maxed cars that are faster than any other car out there. Now that I call unrealistic and unhealthy. 

Cop cars are balanced. Sorry you have trouble evading but you can get away pretty easily if you know what you're doing.

Not sure where you are getting the "they get free maxed cars that are faster than any other car out there". That's legit just not true lmao. 

It's so hypocritical to say the cars LEOs have right now and their ways of catching criminals is bad and unhealthy RP. 

Is it good RP to be whipping around drag bikes that you would never see outside the race track and cars that realistically only the top 1% could afford? Is it good RP to have an ambush set up everytime someone is getting chased? LEO factions adjust their strategies and get new vehicles based off what criminal RPers are starting to use. 

There is also massive wealth gaps between criminal RPers. You have people with many millions then you have the new players with 5k in their bank. It sucks for the new players that their stolen Glendale is not going to perform as well as a police cruiser but it is not possible to accommodate for them when most the server uses cars that go 200+

It's also pretty obvious why 1/1 cars mostly go well under the speed cap and that's to prevent poor RP. 1/1 cars are meant to be eye candy, not meta cars. There are plenty of cars that are 300-400k that go much faster than any normal police car.

Edited by Jett_J

1 hour ago, Jett_J said:

Sorry you have trouble evading but you can get away pretty easily if you know what you're doing.

Easily? Lol, I used an issi sport to evade and 2 jugulars came after me in the first 1min of the chase and SD and PD merged in city and were placing stingers in the middle of the city busy roads just to catch me.

personally I would +1 speed changes, as I personally feel a fully maxed JesterRR or a maxed VSTR should easily out run a scout (Considering a VSTR is based on a CTSV which is a 600+ horsepower supercharged LS powered sedan) fully upgrading it should easily put it at 1000 horsepower+.

A police scout shouldnt be able to easily maintain speed with it.

1 hour ago, Shadyar8023 said:

Easily? Lol, I used an issi sport to evade and 2 jugulars came after me in the first 1min of the chase and SD and PD merged in city and were placing stingers in the middle of the city busy roads just to catch me.

then you're shit, losing pd is a skill issue, their cars are fine, you just have to know what you're doing. however these trees are an L

Edited by hrxvey
  • dead 1

-1 Speed caps were introduced because some vehicles could go 260+ km/h, a speed that was never intended to be achievable. This was mainly due to the way GTA 5 handles different FPS or how the suspension on some cars respond to the ground, making it constantly curb boost. The result? A lot of players abused this by only driving these specific types of vehicles, which for an RP server is probably something that should be avoided.

To simplify, even in vanilla GTA 5, there shouldn't be any car going faster than 210-220km/h fully maxed unless it's a special vehicle or has HSW mods, so why would you want a higher cap than 240km/h if 99.9% of vehicles aren't going to get up to this speed anyway?

Bonus Meme: https://streamable.com/cs6b2p

Edited by Cyrus Raven

3 hours ago, Jett_J said:

Cop cars are balanced. Sorry you have trouble evading but you can get away pretty easily if you know what you're doing.

Not sure where you are getting the "they get free maxed cars that are faster than any other car out there". That's legit just not true lmao. 

It's so hypocritical to say the cars LEOs have right now and their ways of catching criminals is bad and unhealthy RP. 

Is it good RP to be whipping around drag bikes that you would never see outside the race track and cars that realistically only the top 1% could afford? Is it good RP to have an ambush set up everytime someone is getting chased? LEO factions adjust their strategies and get new vehicles based off what criminal RPers are starting to use. 

There is also massive wealth gaps between criminal RPers. You have people with many millions then you have the new players with 5k in their bank. It sucks for the new players that their stolen Glendale is not going to perform as well as a police cruiser but it is not possible to accommodate for them when most the server uses cars that go 200+

It's also pretty obvious why 1/1 cars mostly go well under the speed cap and that's to prevent poor RP. 1/1 cars are meant to be eye candy, not meta cars. There are plenty of cars that are 300-400k that go much faster than any normal police car.

I don't evade cops because my character is law abiding citizen 🤷, however almost every update ends up in favor of police or other forces, which disbalances things in server and causes unnecessary tensions. After all it is game and not real life, police should not be put above criminals in no way, like it or not, but police is just another part of the server, not main group into which all the resources should focus. But then again, it is just in my opinion and facts can be different from that. 

7 minutes ago, Antonio_Colombo said:

which disbalances things

I don't believe it is the server's intention to perfectly balance criminal and LEO resources or access, nor should it be. It should be to balance roleplay so that it is as fair and immersive for all players. You should fear LEOs, there should be a risk to doing crime. They will be able to communicate better, have more backup and resources, etc.

Implementing realistic handling for all vehicles can be a solution to the speed cap. There are mods out there that modify the files for realistic handling. This will mean that it is no longer safe/viable to go 200 in the city because your car wont turn going 130 km/h and go from 240 to 100 in 0.5 seconds. People will actually have to drive slower if they dont want to end up in a wall every 2 seconds, so the speed cap wont be necessary because if you try going 300 km/h you just gonna die making 1 turn. Pursuits will be more about the skill of the player rather than the car, so meta vehicles wont be so dominant anymore.

• PogU 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, equ1nox_ said:

Implementing realistic handling for all vehicles can be a solution to the speed cap. There are mods out there that modify the files for realistic handling. This will mean that it is no longer safe/viable to go 200 in the city because your car wont turn going 130 km/h and go from 240 to 100 in 0.5 seconds. People will actually have to drive slower if they dont want to end up in a wall every 2 seconds, so the speed cap wont be necessary because if you try going 300 km/h you just gonna die making 1 turn. Pursuits will be more about the skill of the player rather than the car, so meta vehicles wont be so dominant anymore.

This sounds nice until someone is able to go 280 on the freeway and drive unrealistically that way instead. 

8 minutes ago, Bill Breacher said:

This sounds nice until someone is able to go 280 on the freeway and drive unrealistically that way instead. 

True but then so can other people. It would also be very risky because u literally wont be able to turn so if someone pulls out infront of u, or if the road is spiked / blocked, your fucked. I am not saying its the best solution as I proposed it, but I really think this should be considered. Pursuits would be 10x more interesting, fun, skill-based, this way.

Edited by equ1nox_

2 minutes ago, equ1nox_ said:

True but then so can other people. It would also be very risky because u literally wont be able to turn so if someone pulls out infront of u, or if the road is spiked / blocked, your fucked. I am not saying its the best solution as I proposed it, but I really think this should be considered. Pursuits would be 10x more interesting, fun, skill-based, this way.

I do agree that forcing people to slow down to make turns and have slower acceleration would make things more interesting. 

• YAY 1

Slowdown sounds a brilliant idea to balance things out and so that skill is what determines car chases, but if that gets anywhere near implementation stage, please don't fuck over maneuverability at slow speeds. Cars shouldn't behave like butter on a fry pan while moving slowly. It could be gradual detoriation on maneuverability loss as speed goes up, then it would be even better and more realistic, because not every pursuit is about speed 😏

Edited by Antonio_Colombo

On 1/8/2023 at 8:00 AM, Antonio_Colombo said:

to understand why this was put in place you'd have to be around from before speed caps were a thing, people who had higher FPS, better performing pcs were able to make vehicles faster. People were abusing this by lowering settings get maximum frames making vehicles faster, a 300k rapid GT was able to out run a helicopters and various other vehicles at 400k KM/H per our. The cars arent mean to go this fast in gta 5 there's traffic. For example, you as a criminal got robbed and you tried to chase the person in a car like a rapid gt, there'd be pretty much no chance. However i think its different now with the introduction of toll booths on both main highways so people cant really cotiniously cruise at bugatti veyron speed anymore. Even i found myself buying vehicles that could go these speeds just to keep up.