Tomaxas6

Gun license.

I started playing on this server last week, Everything is very cool, dope server. Just this one think. How easy is to get guns and License. You go buy license for 10k And you have a weapon license, without doing any criminal history check or anything. My idea maybe would be helpful maybe not. Who's here from Sa:mp times will understand. So, It would be better if players would need to pass any exam, checking criminal history, and everything. Probably even gun prices from illegal fractions would increase because it would harder to get them. Cause now what i see is every player you try to rob or do anything, they just get a weapon, Sometimes people doesn't even do fear rp. If they would not have a weapon they would rp.

+1 To this. Mainly to make guns harder to get as it seems everybody RP's a hardcore criminal that goes around mugging people in broad daylight as much as possible and do it with VERY shallow RP (if literally any at all). I think guns should be MUCH harder to get. It would be great if you had to prove you can RP before getting a gun, like having to find a high up in an crim faction and having them purchase you the gun.

My suggestion that isn't too severe:
Allow people to have a license as is, but they can only own 1, maybe 2 basic pistols at a time (no .50). If they get a criminal record somehow they lose their license and ability to buy pistols legally. This will force the player to actually RP and make dealings with an official faction member in order to obtain guns in the future. The people who join just to run around mug as many people as possible without any real RP will no longer be able to get guns and thus problem solved!

I dont want to advertise that server, but if you know that server from sa-mp times, Mostly american people know it. If you wanted a gun license, First you needed to get a Pf License, which was like license just to buy it, you had no opportunity to carry it, and second you needed to get another license which allowed you to carry it with you all the time, Ofcourse there was No crime zones in which gun wasnt allowed to use, and that gun you could only use for self defence or to protect somebodies life, or work as a police security or any other kind of a job. But yeah, in that server if you wanted you needed to pass criminal history check, to see if there's any charges that your character has, after that fill an appeal online and just then get it. It even needed to write for what specific reason you gonna use.

11 minutes ago, Taedolf said:

I always find it weird when someone gets arrested for attempted murder, loses their license for.. 2 days.... and buys another license right after that's up.  My, felons are treated nicely in the state of San Andreas.

You don't even buy them you get it back fully after 2 days