Dola

NRP to dress like another gang for shootouts.

+1 

If ur gang "claims" a color, Immortals blue, Irish green, LSD orange etc, you should stay in those colors and represent the faction you're in, otherwise it makes it absolutely pointless for gangs to "claim" colors. Going "out of colors" should be absolutely fine and make sense if you're in a dangerous situation, wanted by police, gang being case filed, being hunted by another gang and have to lie low. 

But I think the line should be drawn when it comes to PVP scenarios, when you have enemy gang members wearing your colors purposely throw you off, and "clap"

Is it realistic to see Immortals (Chinese) representing green (Irish) affiliated colors or vice versa, In terms of following gang Lores? Personally, I think not.  

If you're looking to be doing "clapper tactics" go find a pvp server 

Edited by xMysticZx
  • Like 4

Although I would hate to add another rule onto what criminals can/can't do it's a +1.

Nobody would ever dress as the opposition outside of espionage and intelligence gathering.

I really wish common sense was used more so we didn't have to keep restricting our side of the server.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

+1

Dressing in someone else's gang colors to win a shootout should definitely be NRP, even with an extremely well put together team; there's an extremely high probability you would hit your ally at some point. You're still in the opposing groups colors, and at the end of the day; this is the color you are aiming to shoot. They might have some possible identifier, like certain pants or a mask, but that single color is the primary target.
Not only does it display very poor quality judgement and roleplay, I feel like it promotes PvP mentality way too much. If detectives were doing this to us in shootouts at labs while PD rolls in, or try to sneak someone in during a bank robbery in your own colors, would you still be -1-ing? I find it hard to believe that people would.

I'm for certain rules, and I'm against certain rules, but this is definitely one that should be added in the near future. From my understanding this has only become a problem in the past six months or so, and it's pretty awful to see the community tearing down this thread from a suggestion to "You're only posting this cuz u lost lul". It allows for better RP, better action RP, less play-to-win mentality, and it should be a rule allowed in.

I find it strange that I've seen groups tax newer groups and hit newer groups for wearing these colors, but then not even represent their own faction in a shootout.

Edited by Melody Frey
Minor grammatical and spelling error fix.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tymoney2 said:

Makes No RP sense to wear another gangs colors period you would never see this IRL and all the comments from people doing it are really funny. 1+

You also won't find gangs on radios going out fighting other gangs in public with assault rifles and shotguns "IRL", but this is a video game at the end of the day not a 1:1 real life simulator.

1 hour ago, Melody Frey said:

I find it strange that I've seen groups tax newer groups and hit newer groups for wearing these colors, but then not even represent their own faction in a shootout.

The whole point of going out of colours during a shootout is to gain an advantage. I don't really see it as NRP because if you're going to a shootout between 2 most likely deadly gangs, in some sense you should be expecting death whether it'd be you or your allys, and going out of colours for a shootout doesn't really ruin the role-play, theres many other ways you could counter something like that occurring, like taking masks off during shootouts..

Also  you don't necessarily need to be in your factions colours to represent a faction too, when PD are undercover, they aren't in uniform but they're still representing their faction right?

At the end of the day, its a -1 from me; if you wanna be the imposter, then your character should know the IC consequences and risks that come with the idea, whether its go out of colors for a few minutes and say this on freq just to shoot the rival gangs, its up to you.

Edited by zaygmto
  • Like 2

to me its always been DM bait ruleplay, as I am always hesitant in shooting people that are off to the side or some shit and not in the "color" of the people we are shooting because NO ONE wants to get a DM strike.

I understand fully out of colors for like banks,stores or any preplanned  thing of that nature as gang supression go brrr, But having gang shootouts and purposely swapping out for "tactics" is a play to win mentality and is just cringe. 

• Like 3
  • NAY 1

+1.

There are plenty of reasons given in this thread already, but here are my main thoughts:

• IRL no gang would wear opposing gang colours, let alone when a fight / shoot out is about to take place
  • Most of the time, if not every time, it usually results in friendly fire from at least one of the groups, especially in something like a 20 v 20
  • The sole purpose of this tactic is basically to try and win a fight which just promotes poor RP in general and creates more of a PvP environment
  • It seems as though everyone is against this tactic apart from one gang
Edited by Callum_Goat

10 hours ago, Callum_Goat said:

The sole purpose of this tactic is basically to try and win a fight which just promotes poor RP in general and creates more of a PvP environment

I mean I understand the point your trying to make BUT there are multiple ways to counter the tactic and I don’t really see a problem with it as at the end of the day its your characters decision and your character should know the risks that come with attempting to make use of the tactic. I don’t really think its a good idea to classify it as NRP, because I know for a fact it’ll just bring way more complications. At the end of the day, a PvP mentality isn’t really a bad thing because if your going to a shootout your obviously gonna wanna win it and using tactics like being the “impostor” comes with a risk, I know, but you going to a shootout itself is a big risk and going imposter won’t really make matters worse, but can pay off if used strategically, but if you get shot by your own members, thats the IC consequence, I don’t think there should be consequences given OOC’ly for it though.

Edited by zaygmto
  • dead 1

1 hour ago, zaygmto said:

I don’t really think its a good idea to classify it as NRP, because I know for a fact it’ll just bring way more complications.

Can you elaborate on what you mean here, specifically what complications you think this ruling would cause?

Additionally, a PvP mentality is not welcomed on this server. Combat RP within reason and escalation, sure, but not to the point where PvP strategies trump RP, lore, and character immersion. Ref. my previous response on this thread.

Edited by skeletee
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, skeletee said:

Can you elaborate on what you mean here, specifically what complications you think this ruling would cause?

Additionally, a PvP mentality is not welcomed on this server. Combat RP within reason and escalation, sure, but not to the point where PvP strategies trump RP, lore, and character immersion. Ref. my previous response on this thread.

What i'm trying to say is that going out of colors to impersonate another gang to gain an advantage is a tactic and not really a "clapping" mentality and shouldn't be classed as a rule breach, because this tactic has been used in the World wars multiple times, and has worked out for some people, as well as going wrong for them.

And for issues it would cause, if one person decides to wear different colors to their gang in a 20v20 fight, and this was reported, the whole situation would most likely get voided. And not to mention, in the WW2 a lot of people would go undercover to the other side just to sabotage the opposition and it would work out, if planned properly. In my opinion I don't think going out of colors should be classed as NRP, because its a tactic that could go wrong but if used properly and strategically it would work out and I think the only reason OP made this thread because of how much its happening to his gang, with no way to counter it, and not because they believe its NRP overall, I believe.

Edited by zaygmto

I personally am not a fan of going "Imposter" during shootout's as I believe people take it to far and you end up with 4-5 individuals trying to go imposter and it is just a mess and doesn't feel right, however I feel like in certain situations it does have a place, let me give an example of all of your allies have been killed in a fight and you are the last one alive and stuck in the area, I would say switching into your enemies colours or clothing can be beneficial to you surviving especially when it is life or death, it could be the difference in you living or dying.

I think the overall problem with a good amount of the +1's in this post are from member's of Irish who have been attempting to use the "Imposter Tactic" for the last 6 Months after they had it used against them by Shenzhen. This server is not about play to win as people have stated in this post, so I fail to understand why the same people who are calling it Poor RP / Not displaying appropriate Fear RP / Unrealistic are the same people who have either used this Tactic constantly for months or other people in their faction have been using it, the excuse of "Evening the playing field" doesn't really wash with me as this is not a play to win server it's about RP, in conclusion for me instead of just using the Tactic "because other people are doing it" be the change you want to see and if you think it is Poor RP for a faction to do this then do not do it yourself otherwise it just sounds incredibly hypocritical.

OVERALL : +1 for this Post I Think Individuals should not be able to go imposter in shootouts due to people going overboard and taking it to far. (as stated previously in my post I believe that in certain scenarios it can be valid). 

+/- 1 From Me

-1 as dressing up in another gangs clothes during a mass shootout is just at that point a EXTREMELY POOR IC decision. There shouldn’t be a rule against it as it’s just a bad decision and it was your choice you should deal with the consequences of getting smoked by your own ally due to your decision to dress up as an enemy.

+1 on the grounds of eliminating dressing up as other gangs. In my opinion, you should NEVER be dressed up in another gangs colors / clothes and should only be allowed to drop your own colors / clothes. For example gang 1 and gang 2 get in shootout. Gang 1 is in gang 3s colors. Nobody “wins” the fight. Gang 2 is now pissed at Gang 3 for no reason and Gang 1 can just keep going about there business. I personally despise this as it just creates such a poor RP environment of just starting fights that are so unnecessary and are providing 0 RP.

That’s just my 2 cents on the situation and this idea. If you dress up as another gang and die it’s a Poor IC decision. But it shouldn’t be allowed to dress up as another gang.

1 hour ago, Herbo said:

+/- 1 From Me

-1 as dressing up in another gangs clothes during a mass shootout is just at that point a EXTREMELY POOR IC decision. There shouldn’t be a rule against it as it’s just a bad decision and it was your choice you should deal with the consequences of getting smoked by your own ally due to your decision to dress up as an enemy.

+1 on the grounds of eliminating dressing up as other gangs. In my opinion, you should NEVER be dressed up in another gangs colors / clothes and should only be allowed to drop your own colors / clothes. For example gang 1 and gang 2 get in shootout. Gang 1 is in gang 3s colors. Nobody “wins” the fight. Gang 2 is now pissed at Gang 3 for no reason and Gang 1 can just keep going about there business. I personally despise this as it just creates such a poor RP environment of just starting fights that are so unnecessary and are providing 0 RP.

That’s just my 2 cents on the situation and this idea. If you dress up as another gang and die it’s a Poor IC decision. But it shouldn’t be allowed to dress up as another gang.

framing anther gang seems like great rp? if you want tdm of red vs blue team stick to cod buddy

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Phantas said:

framing anther gang seems like great rp? if you want tdm of red vs blue team stick to cod buddy

I see your point but the way it’s done in ECRP is in my opinion, terrible RP. Clapper gangs will do it so they can just get into their shootouts and kill people without receiving consequences of their actions. They don’t do it for a reason to create conflicts but just to get out of any consequences and I think that’s Poor RP