Dakota14

Gun Sound Server-Side Mod

I don't believe that this has been brought up on the forums at least. Since we are no longer able to have client-side weapon mods, I figured I would put in a suggestion to add a server-side sound mod. I believe the best way to go about this would be to have a list of sound mods and then poll those mods to decide what the community likes best. 

I believe this would be an improvement for the community as it would improve the realism when it comes to sound in-game. Please leave some suggestions below or your thoughts / comments on the topic of adding in a server-side sound mod. Thanks!

• NAY 1

1 hour ago, jason said:

We've looked into it in the past, but the file size for these mods is too big to justify adding to the server resources download. If a solution to that can be found, then this could potentially be added in the future.

I think a Solution that everyone may like is perhaps have Senior Staff gather and decide on Making a section of the rules that allow certain packs for those who want gun sounds mods that don't give a completive advantage. i.e. gun sound mods that only modify someone's own gun noises and other guns in extremely close proximity to them but not the sound that is heard from a distance. I have personally used a pack in the past that did exactly that. I could only hear modded sounds from my gun and those directly next to me But anything else at distance was vanilla.

Edited by Chris_
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.