blade

Development confusion

8 hours ago, Bala said:

I couldn't say with any degree of certainty but if I had to take a guess, i'd assume that it's an issue of time but also, there are people in this community who are quite insulting when they give their opinions. I'm not talking about constructive criticism, because that can be quite helpful but the ones where they just want to shit on the development stuff or their opinion is just plain unreasonable.

for those people nothing you ever do wil be good enough, thats really their problem, 
not everyone is evolved enough into a level where they understand
that certtain build up of words wont help out the devs nor themself so its waste of time.

do you have any idea or gutfeeling on when the drug update "could" be happening ?
lets say the mark of 3 months, 6 months, maybe 9 months ? just your intuition perspective.
(understanding you wont take any responsability for the update not releasing withing that period)
for simply stating your intuitive feeling around the concept

People complain when things are teased and take a while, and people also complain when there’s no communication. It’s a lose-lose really with the only option being teased and released fast, which results in unfinished or badly tuned updates, which then is more complaints.

Do I think they could do with an extra dev or two, sure why not. But I absolutely understand why they wouldn’t want to let in another developer.

I honestly think people are way too needy and just can’t be content with what they have. Getting to the sweet spot where you make do and rp with what we have is the best way to be and then any updates that do come our way, neat!
I personally preferred when we had smaller more frequent updates like quality of life stuff over huge new systems but I’m not gonna go complaining that 2/3 of the current long projects are criminal things that have basically no relevance to my RP style because that’s just how it is.

14 minutes ago, Ash said:

People complain when things are teased and take a while, and people also complain when there’s no communication. It’s a lose-lose really with the only option being teased and released fast, which results in unfinished or badly tuned updates, which then is more complaints.

I'm just complaining because the update was teased in September 2021, it is 2023 now. an update is meant to be teased when its coming out some time around month

20 minutes ago, Ash said:

I honestly think people are way too needy and just can’t be content with what they have. Getting to the sweet spot where you make do and rp with what we have is the best way to be and then any updates that do come our way, neat!

Even this isn't true, I was content with how the server was before I had done everything there is to do on the server and it got repetitive wake up, cook to make some money, get on freq, see if anything's happening around the city, nothings happening, drive to Bayview, talk to people, nothings happening, find a car at a lab, pick it and take it to a chop shop, make 4k, get pulled over by gang unit have a gun have to evade and get sent to jail for 2 hours. and the server is still the same way except now those ways of making money cost atleast 150k to start up and for cooking it takes atleast a couple million to start up. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AnakinB said:

before I had done everything there is to do on the server

I mean this just objectively isn’t true. Things being repetitive is on you, not the developers, there is absolutely enough content to keep busy. But obviously things will get boring and repetitive if you stick to the same stuff and don’t develop your rp.

4 hours ago, Ash said:

I mean this just objectively isn’t true. Things being repetitive is on you, not the developers, there is absolutely enough content to keep busy. But obviously things will get boring and repetitive if you stick to the same stuff and don’t develop your rp.

im sorry ash but most people who play crim dont have a couple years worth of DOC paychecks to sit back on man, dont get me wrong I would love to do some fun RP but most of the fun stuff (which will most likely result in jail time if not perfectly executed and get extremely lucky) you cant do without $$$$$ Because I personally would love to do some sort of trafficker rp where I load shit up onto a boat and take it between cayo and ls and allat but I cannot afford a boat (granted im also banned) but these are all things I wanted to do however with how incredibly hard it is to come by money if you dont already have it, it makes it near impossible. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AnakinB said:

im sorry ash but most people who play crim dont have a couple years worth of DOC paychecks to sit back on man

:') My dude, I generally play the character paycheck to paycheck and using the money for rp during the week. I rarely saved it, and don't have a mountain of years of DOC paychecks (and assets before you say that) sitting around. I think anyone who interacts with me can back that up and knows I'm a broke bitch. 

But either way that's besides the point, you can do trafficker RP without a boat, in fact I have seen it done several times. One faction literally trafficked people, another alcohol to name some I've seen first hand. I do not doubt there's issues with getting money for criminals, in fact I can totally respect that after seeing a new guy grind and lose all of his shit after one arrest yesterday. But I don't think that pertains too much to the overall discussion. This isn't about money, it's about having things to do. And too many people rely on script support, specifically new updates (and also money) to have things to do. 

Sure if you want to make your gameplay revolve around things that cost money then yeah, that's a road block. The money issue is a totally different discussion to the one about having nothing to do or things getting repetitive. If things are repetitive then frankly, you're just not roleplaying enough and gamifying the scripted systems instead of generating your own scenarios and roleplay and things to do like you should in an RP server.

People wouldn't complain about lack of updates if broken things would have been patched in timely manner. For example, after last bigger update couple months ago, toll booths and coroner jobs were bugged and didn't work fully (while job is functional, it doesn't pay you). It was happy moment to find out that toll booth is now fixed, MONTHS after people were complaining, but at the same time coroner job is still not! Months, not days or hours, but freakishly months! Same with other issues and suggestions, it feels like just a chit-chat section on forums where no matter how good or how easy-to-implement suggestion is, it will with 99.95% certainty sink into suggestions folder archive with couple of "+1" comments in them. 

While yeah there is RP and things you can "imagine" not everything revolves around that, script just has to be up to the date and point to support all that, to balance out people who has no intent in RP and only have "clap-win" mentality. 

Also, worth to mention, that as mentioned early by someone that "we can't haver nice things or talks because of people who say bad things about development" - well not every bad word means what it has written, you have to know how to read between lines! People are generally frustrated that they get teased some certain aspects of game update and they hope to see it, because they fund this by "donations" in hope that these "donations" will help develop things quicklier and make server greater, where instead they get no real answers from people whom they have put their trust into, and it just sucks to be threatened this way. Learn to understand WHY someone may say bad things and understand them, instead of saying "hurr durr u bad me no like u" 

OK I'm sorry I needed to vent out, if this offended anyone, then think about why. 

1 hour ago, Antonio_Colombo said:

While yeah there is RP and things you can "imagine" not everything revolves around that, script just has to be up to the date and point to support all that, to balance out people who has no intent in RP and only have "clap-win" mentality. 

We are dependent on the script because RP outside of it requires alt RP consent. Plain and simple. If we don't have the freedom to imaginatively role play outside script support, then the script should be updated to reflect that. Or we could just remove the red tape from alt RP!

12 minutes ago, Kommand said:

We are dependent on the script because RP outside of it requires alt RP consent

Just to clarify, it's not RP outside of the script, it's RP that needs to get around the script generally speaking. There's quite a difference here. You can do pretty imaginative RP outside of script actions and capabilities, but if it's something that goes against the way the script/game works then that's when you're doing something alternative.
There is plenty of freedom for creative and imaginative roleplay and not everything requires script support.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bala said:

This guy is the sort of person I'm talking about. @Ritchie Stones - Him and that blade guy. 

This is why we can't have a chat about nice things.

Omg you actualy quoted on him 😂

yeah i think i see your point. I sure have notice a lot of complaint. I don't think they understand yet how constructive communication can work out to benefit both party’s offering understanding support meanwhile addressing vulnerable feelings and concern in a assertive way

It is understanding that eventually 

“you stop talking to people who don't listen” when all of the hard work gets under appreciated by an amount of individuals who does nothing but demean it and aim down on everything.

there are sure people who would love to see some updates getting all excited. But mostly i hope the update is going to be an absolute banger where “you prove them wrong”

• Upvote 1

Reality is, you put something out there for a community this size, every one is going to have an opinion.

I can't lie and pretend that I've been happy with the amount of updates we've pushed out or the timeline of when they have been pushed out. It's not been good enough but I bet the devs would tell you the exact same thing. We all know, players/staff/devs that it hasn't been good enough but that time has gone, you won't get that back now.

The communication has been poor, as I've said before. Whether that's staff and devs, devs and players, staff and players on this stuff and in a lot of ways that's half the problem. When people like those that are posting on this thread or even the ones just reading it and not saying shit, are making up their own guesses as to what the situation is, then the truth doesn't necessarily matter anymore.

I offered to help bridge the gap between community and devs myself, in part because it's an area that interests me and let's face it, I'm a busy cunt with a talent for writing lots on the forum. Figured it might be better if that stuff didn't come from staff, because when it does, people may assume the reasons for it are staff driven plus staff have their own issues and jobs to be focusing on. As expected, that went about as well as the National Guard 😄

As for the confusion, gun update should be here pretty soon which will offer people a lot more options when it comes to their violence. We're also taking the opportunity from the IC part to review how we license them to people as well, so all things considered, think it will be a pretty good update. I certainly have some wood over it.

Then, if you read general patrol, drugs and some other bits will start coming after. Think regular but smaller updates at this point make more sense than DA BIG UPDATE.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 2:39 PM, Ash said:

:') My dude, I generally play the character paycheck to paycheck and using the money for rp during the week. I rarely saved it, and don't have a mountain of years of DOC paychecks (and assets before you say that) sitting around. I think anyone who interacts with me can back that up and knows I'm a broke bitch. 

fair enuf

But either way that's besides the point, you can do trafficker RP without a boat, in fact I have seen it done several times. One faction literally trafficked people, another alcohol to name some I've seen first hand.

Well yeah sure ill give you that I could techinically go up to any random boat and do some /mes and shit and then just leave it at that, howerver do you know how much greater and more immersive the roleplay would actually be if you I could go up to a boat roleplay loading up whatever it is that im trafficking, (guns, drugs, etc) take the boat to wherever/out in the middle of the ocean and roleplay unloading the packages/doing the drop out in the middle of the ocean? While sure you dont need assets to do rp if you want it to actually be immersive you sure as hell do need assets, 

it's about having things to do. And too many people rely on script support, specifically new updates (and also money) to have things to do

people rely on it because it makes the experience better man, not everything should be imaginative 

On 1/26/2023 at 7:16 PM, Kommand said:

We are dependent on the script because RP outside of it requires alt RP consent.

^ this aswell, I remember one time I had forgotten to be searched and got a knife into DOC I rped hiding it under a mattress and was met with ((do u have alt RP perms?)) 

(sorry for the late responses I have been all over the country for practice the past 4 days)

• Like 2

I think it's important to note that wanting communication and transparency on the development of the server does not mean people want super strict deadlines. It's better to be told ''Hey we're working on this, it's currently at X stage, planned testing for Y month'' and then be given an update that it had to be delayed + reasoning for it then 0 communication or just the initial information with no follow up.

If dev work is actively being done, then inform the community, a weekly/biweekly message on #development about what is being worked on/what has been done since last update.

This is the easiest solution to avoid any misinformation or speculation from rightfully frustrated community members.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 2/2/2023 at 1:36 AM, Cyrus Raven said:

I think it's important to note that wanting communication and transparency on the development of the server does not mean people want super strict deadlines. It's better to be told ''Hey we're working on this, it's currently at X stage, planned testing for Y month'' and then be given an update that it had to be delayed + reasoning for it then 0 communication or just the initial information with no follow up.

If dev work is actively being done, then inform the community, a weekly/biweekly message on #development about what is being worked on/what has been done since last update.

This is the easiest solution to avoid any misinformation or speculation from rightfully frustrated community members.

Yeah I agree, I dont think we are kept in the loop as much as we should as a community.

For example, the drug update which was teased well over a year ago has now been scrapped for whatever reason, this was only mentioned in a thread rather than the development section of the discord.

The weapons update was originally due I believe in December, and then pushed back to January which was mentioned in the channel, it never came in January and no update from the eagerly waiting community.

Just keep us updated, good or bad, we dont care. I think that's what everyone is asking for.

• Upvote 2

On 2/3/2023 at 9:50 AM, Martin James said:

Yeah I agree, I dont think we are kept in the loop as much as we should as a community.

For example, the drug update which was teased well over a year ago has now been scrapped for whatever reason, this was only mentioned in a thread rather than the development section of the discord.

The weapons update was originally due I believe in December, and then pushed back to January which was mentioned in the channel, it never came in January and no update from the eagerly waiting community.

Just keep us updated, good or bad, we dont care. I think that's what everyone is asking for.

as far as i know, the drug update is not scrapped, its just delayed

The drug update is from what I understand not going to be it's own update anymore but a series of additions with other updates. There are a number of "big" updates like the drug update and delivering them in their entirety would take time but also likely mean ignoring other areas of the server.

Updates that are essentially something for everybody are probably better for the server, as long as they're pretty regular.