blade

Development confusion

2 hours ago, Ritchie Stones said:

100% agree on what you say. 
altho, i dont think i am the only person here

That wants to know if the drug update will still come trough or not, its not about the months of waiting, that part is fine, its about not receiving any information of the proces…

got me to the point of wondering if the idea got scrapped off or not 

To answer your question, the drug update has been postponed for the time being and the next couple of updates will be the weapons update which was recently posted about in the development discord channel earlier in the month followed by the clothing and character customisation update. But again, regarding the drug update, it's been started so it will definitely be worked on and implemented down the line.

I don't have dates and times, but you asked for clarity and now you have it.

Weapon update, then character customisation/clothing then, drug update.

6 hours ago, Bala said:

To answer your question, the drug update has been postponed for the time being and the next couple of updates will be the weapons update which was recently posted about in the development discord channel earlier in the month followed by the clothing and character customisation update. But again, regarding the drug update, it's been started so it will definitely be worked on and implemented down the line.

I don't have dates and times, but you asked for clarity and now you have it.

thanks man,  is great to have some insight now, i had a lot of people around me saying the drug update will never, happen etc, 
and then not seeing anything posted about it anymore lead me to my doubtfull thought, but thanks this is like the first solid answere i had 🙂

• Upvote 1

For past time I really feel like with one SA:MP server that eventually died off ( of natural causes ). The server, at its peak, made nice upgrades and shaped its atmosphere where at times it needed even 2x servers to be able to hold all those players willing to play under that server. 

As the time went, management started to block themselves from players, they were never heard and their opinions simply did not matter anymore.

It had a nice script, it was not over-scripted with unneeded things and options, just the right amount, but the way management treated the players, wiped the fan-base to 0 within year or so.

There were some attempts to re-gain the amounts of players, but it did not succeed in the end.

This reminds me of ECRP in a way, the SA:MP server too implemented "credits" bonus, although it was X amount of credits per "paycheck", but similarity is there.

At the beginning it made a lot of people to play more than  before that update, but since that was about it, interest died within couple of months.

To top it off, SA:MP server management team failed to communicate with their players, which turned the shitstorm to rocket filled with super fuel. At least hats off for the remaining 

management, that made a fun event of "apocalypse" just couple of hours before server died, it was a truly remarkable, and maybe that action sparkled interest in many people, whom

later attempted to re-create that server, but all of those attempts died within couple of years.

Long story short, lately I find myself in same mind space as I was couple of months before SA:MP server death - sticking around, hoping that things will make 180 degree turn and it wont die, but the fate was clear, and only thing that helped me stick till the end was a hope.

I would really not wish for this to end like that, because this server substituted for me the died SA:MP server, from which I switched after last of the server "copycat" died and quickly fell in "love" with it.

There is still hope, and I wish all of the best luck for anyone involved into the shaping of this server/community that they succeed and overcome any issues along the way.

Edited by Antonio_Colombo

I hate to say this but I am literally watching the server die before my eyes. I'm really unsure why the developers are letting this happen, and not releasing any content, it seems very counter productive to me.

To make this matter simpler, @Osvaldon, @ECLIPSE Developer, I have made a chart to showcase this server as a business

image.thumb.png.0c03535ee0bd14676338c8db0b5cb2dc.png

As the chart demonstrates, with more updates being released, the player count will rise

Additionally, some transparency with what's going on would be nice

Of course, you don't have to listen to your community, we can just watch it die together 

Edited by blade

On 7/20/2022 at 12:45 PM, Osvaldon said:

It is not entirely true that there have been no updates because I really loved the last criminal updates and more updates are underway like house robberies, advanced character customization, new clothes, interiors and vehicles (thanks to our modder team), drugs, etc.. There are also updates that are not usually noticed by regular players, such as, admin tools and anti-cheat measures.

I admit that it is a bit difficult to work in a team of only 2 developers, as there are so many different interests within the server. Even if we release an update, someone is unsatisfied as it is either a civilian/police/criminal update and not vice-versa. It is also difficult to integrate new developers in a project that is so old because training would take time, but the main issue is that our codebase is extremely large and very valuable to us and we can't entrust it to just anyone, not even with signed legal agreements. Another issue is, that the server is old and has many different scripts and each new feature needs to be made compatible with all the old ones so it makes updating certain aspects of the server more difficult (like clothes or drugs).

All the issues aside, we are still trying to maintain the project and release new features for our players. We are definitely not waiting for GTA 6 to get released as it is unclear when that will happen and even if it were to be released next year, it might take another year or two for multiplayer clients like RAGEMP to emerge, so it is really not worth the wait. The nearest updates players can expect are house robberies, new faction and civilian clothes, character customization rework and the character selection menu updates. Drugs have been put on hold, but I'd like to get back to it when the character customization updates are pushed.

with all respect, its been months since you said this and all you've done is add /fdo. Please let us know what is happening!

• Upvote 1

With all respect, I mentioned what was happening a couple of posts up, you don't need to go bothering the man by tagging him.
The updates are still in development, especially the character customisation update but what seems like a straightforward process to you, is not.

Be patient or don't, but it's not going to effect how long these updates take to drop.

From what I've seen and what I've contributed, they're very nice.

16 hours ago, blade said:

I hate to say this but I am literally watching the server die before my eyes. I'm really unsure why the developers are letting this happen, and not releasing any content, it seems very counter productive to me.

To make this matter simpler, @Osvaldon, @ECLIPSE Developer, I have made a chart to showcase this server as a business

image.thumb.png.0c03535ee0bd14676338c8db0b5cb2dc.png

As the chart demonstrates, with more updates being released, the player count will rise

Additionally, some transparency with what's going on would be nice

Of course, you don't have to listen to your community, we can just watch it die together 

+1 they keep adding usless updates that no one asked for like who asked for the mall its just another lag machine or the new weapon update is gonna be no use without players to use the weapons on in the first place labs are dead almost all the time and there is nothing new to do.

• PogU 1

51 minutes ago, Bala said:

It's not like there isn't some crim stuff in the works, calm yourself.

crim has been dying for about a year now and were constantly being told there's stuff in the works and never see any of it lol. And i'm not gonna lie blade isn't talking guff its been over a year since the drug update was teased. The server is seriously dying and something needs to be done if it wants to keep its playerbase clothing updates and malls should not be the priority when crim RP is dead. 

You're constantly being told stuff is in the works, because stuff is in the works. 
"Seeing" it isn't really relevant because you aren't in a position to use it at this time. You saw the drug update preview and how did that go? You feel better or worse for seeing it?

I'm not downplaying the concern that things are tough for criminals, I know how bad they are and I don't want to tongue my own testes when I say this but you'd struggle to find someone that has gone further to fix those issues than me. The founders are aware of the situation and the discussions were positive but there's no point coming out now and saying we're doing this or that if it's not ready to be pushed. That would just be a repeat of the drug update situation.

As for the clothes and malls, development team isn't been eaten into by adding those things. I'm not a developer, I'm a modder and I've been working on these clothes for months independent of any development. Adding the mall was literally dragging files into a folder. Part of the reason for the clothes taking so long is that I didn't want just civilians or government people to get something from it, I wanted crims to get their share as well.

Don't misrepresent the situation because of a lack of information. Stuff is in the works and you'll likely see it on the server before you see photos of it, at this point. 

• polarcop 1

1 hour ago, Bala said:

"Seeing" it isn't really relevant because you aren't in a position to use it at this time. You saw the drug update preview and how did that go? You feel better or worse for seeing it?

Personally I felt great just seeing it, because at the time I had thought it was going to come out soon, its now like 7 months later, still isnt here. 

1 hour ago, Bala said:

I don't want to tongue my own testes

pause 

TLDR; server fun i love server, server needs more content for criminals and legals 😞

• YAY 1

On 9/25/2022 at 1:41 PM, Bala said:

What happened to the house robberies update that was teased? Scrapped or delayed?  A variation in things to do as a criminal on the server would be nice, and the fun thing about adding content for criminals is that it also directly affects LEO RP.  People have supplied countless ideas and suggestions for criminal content development, but lately it has really felt like a huge kick in the ass for criminals over and over and over.  Drug labs in apartments -> removed in preparation for the "drug update".  Gun attachment imports -> removed in preparation for the "weapon update".  Chopping cars becoming impossible unless you front a 350k investment just for the tools, let alone likely hundreds of thousands more for a suitable property to set it up at.  Hell, robbing ATMs took a year to add after they were teased for some reason..  What happened to garages?  What happened to the banking system update?  It has gotten to the point where I honestly believe that Eclipse is gearing up for a full wipe and a "3.0" drop with the amount of teased content that has seemingly vanished into thin air.  If that is the case, then I could potentially see why development has grinded to a halt for the past year, but there needs to be more transparency with the community IMO.

I wish the best for Eclipse, as when it comes down to it the community of players that the server has is what makes it special.  However, expecting players to hold onto hope that "things are in the works" when things have been in the works for literal years now, is a bit of a pipe dream.  It is clear as day to any faction on the server that community morale has dipped harder than ever before, with people being extremely unmotivated to play due to a slew of different problems facing the server.  Luckily, the lack of development is one of these problems that is fixable, but the player base is slowly bleeding out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

14 hours ago, ShawnsBeard said:

What happened to the house robberies update that was teased? Scrapped or delayed?  A variation in things to do as a criminal on the server would be nice, and the fun thing about adding content for criminals is that it also directly affects LEO RP.  People have supplied countless ideas and suggestions for criminal content development, but lately it has really felt like a huge kick in the ass for criminals over and over and over.  Drug labs in apartments -> removed in preparation for the "drug update".  Gun attachment imports -> removed in preparation for the "weapon update".  Chopping cars becoming impossible unless you front a 350k investment just for the tools, let alone likely hundreds of thousands more for a suitable property to set it up at.  Hell, robbing ATMs took a year to add after they were teased for some reason..  What happened to garages?  What happened to the banking system update?  It has gotten to the point where I honestly believe that Eclipse is gearing up for a full wipe and a "3.0" drop with the amount of teased content that has seemingly vanished into thin air.  If that is the case, then I could potentially see why development has grinded to a halt for the past year, but there needs to be more transparency with the community IMO.

I wish the best for Eclipse, as when it comes down to it the community of players that the server has is what makes it special.  However, expecting players to hold onto hope that "things are in the works" when things have been in the works for literal years now, is a bit of a pipe dream.  It is clear as day to any faction on the server that community morale has dipped harder than ever before, with people being extremely unmotivated to play due to a slew of different problems facing the server.  Luckily, the lack of development is one of these problems that is fixable, but the player base is slowly bleeding out.

As far as I know, the house robberies are still going to be a thing. I don't really talk to NBDY much so can't offer you any kind of real answer on that. It was a good idea when we came up with it and i'm sure it'll be a nice addition when it arrives.

As for supplying countless ideas, i've done that myself but what with so many voices on so many threads, who do you listen to? Which ideas are the ideas that would benefit the server and which ideas are those that would benefit the individuals suggesting them? I'm not saying that I understand the frustration you and other criminals to bullshit you, I do empathise with the frustration. I think sometimes people forget that cop and crim are linked. Crim being doggy as another thread put it leads to cop being doggy. Personally, even as a full time cop roleplayer, it's in my interest for crim to improve.

With regards to the drug labs in apartments, you have a little bit of misinformation there Shawn which I'd like to correct if I may. Drug Labs were removed from apartments because it was no longer deemed a good gameplay mechanic to have players hiding in separate dimensions and essentially being able to print money for hours on hours. The unfortunate part of that was that the replacement for that was supposed to come in and hasn't yet.

As for the gun attachment update, Osvaldon was in the process of finishing the update and readying it for implementation when he's had some personal issues which have limited his time and focus temporarily on development matters. I'm not going to share specifics as they are not mine to share but as much as people are looking for new updates, we're all human beings and life still happens outside of Eclipse. 

It would be fool hardy to make any kind of promise regarding some of the issues you've mentioned but what I can say is that those issues have been brought up and the response was both encouraging and positive to at least fix some of the criminal systems which are out of sync. They are not necessarily things which require a lot of development time which is advantageous but they are certain things that through discussions with some of the veteran criminals on the server, we've found to be the main issues. 

As for Eclipse 3.0, I don't think that a full wipe would ever be considered for obvious reasons.

The modder team has been in the process of working on new clothing and uniforms for the best part of a year, which is now also during to a swift conclusion. Government factions have been creating their new uniforms. The plan is for jobs to get more realistic uniforms. Additionally, a lot of new hair styles and extra clothing will be available for people to wear as well. This is in addition to the character customisation update. Making or editing a character has been a painful experience for every single one of us for years so while it's not the drug update, it is necessary. With regards to criminals and clothing, almost every current faction on the server has some kind of custom clothing item so every corner of the server will be represented in some form.

I will share some examples of that work below;

c4bc057e2b842e7cb4b5fecdc4fbd2aa.png0dd05321090db366f123195afb4d8492.png379405aa3a9793ff1b991f6aa0615b8a.png8f5bd36755e0f5da1867d7ef05f84ee7.pngac25f5432788ce6b3807250add3cc8a8.jpg1d5064d4cfb2f05bf9ebd201f61a1356.png48b06f094cb085a4ed47f68499c17f19.pngc0099757b8a7201c7d15ad2b8281f0f8.png

fd3d51695ac3b38ef81f957645ab23b0.png3d94108d2042a5c8fe7b42bf77fd7c2f.pngf3d45cde71ec15b708edfb7a0903334f.pngcfcd76b9954c67ca067f6c2b9bb4eebf.png

I respect the output of other servers but often times, good or bad, these projects are being taken on by 1-2 people. It is really fucking time consuming. Even just the clothing update alone has taken Arrta and myself hours and hours and hours to do. Timmaayy has helped out where he can as well. We've had people giving their input into things and doing all their uniforms.

I was accused and warned not so long ago about not being able to deliver or making promises I couldn't keep. So, to be clear, this clothing update is either going to fucking blow people away and put so many smiles on miserable faces or I will die trying.

I want everyone to know we're not sitting on our fingers, we're actively trying to make things happen.

The annoying thing about Eclipse Roleplay is that at any one time, it's a couple steps away from being a really good fucking server and it has been since 2020. I'm going to keep it real here and I gotta watch what I say because I'm racking up the forum points but you could fulfill all the development requests people want and the server still wouldn't be quite there. There are issues aside from a lack of development that will need addressing and best believe when the patches come, that'll be the next order of business.

There are genuinely some really sick updates coming and I just ask you to be patient a little while longer. I know, it's a big ask but just keep the faith a little more.

• Like 7

Hello, 

A very tl-dr and not-so-definitive list

Drug Labs: Upcoming changes that will

• add additional tables, and move 2 labs (1 to the city borders, and 1 away from right next to the highway). 
  • add identity to each drug lab (e.g. lab 1 will consist of 6 coke tables + 1 regular table, lab 2 will consist of 6 weed tables + 1 regular table, lab 3 will consist of [..])

Drugs: Balancing being reviewed of the non-meta drugs that aren't being made & sold over others. 

House Robberies: Nearly done, the only aspect being looked at right now is the acquisition of the job and some other minor questions which we believe that we found solutions to this Saturday. Unlike other criminal activities in which you are given a tool and basically told "good luck", this will probably be friendlier for newer criminals/players in terms of being guided by the script more. 

Drug Update: No update on this in general, unfortunately, it is an extensive project by Osvaldon. 

Weapon Update: Nearly done, however, Osvaldon has had to take some emergency time off for personal matters.

Clothing Update: Was also being worked on by Osvaldon and the Modding Team, alongside the weapon update. This will feature a wide variety of clothing for civilians, criminals, and legal factions.  As you can tell by Bala's very enthusiastic posts on this thread.

Tutorial Update: Last Saturday we spoke of updating our server tutorial and making it friendlier to new players by introducing them to our script mechanics through "tasks" commonly seen in MMO games. While this may not seem big for some, the goal is to retain newer players which will in turn benefit all areas of the community. This project has not been started yet but will be started.

Legal Jobs: We are going to experiment with a system to encourage players to work other jobs, by providing salary boosts to less popular jobs. This is to discourage everyone from doing a single job. We also recognize the need to overhaul legal jobs, something which would be a bigger project once everything else has been completed. 

Chop-Shop System: Looking at making the chop shop system more accessible for players that aren't in a group or willing/able to spend money on a full setup. Right now we're exploring the ability to use car jacks anywhere on the map which will offer limited chop-shop functionality of low/medium cars for obviously a smaller reward than a full chop-shop that utilizes other tools. Currently, the system is created so that it checks for a property and if there is no property nearby, it can't be placed. Creating a system where the car jack can be placed anywhere will also allow us to explore more features in the future, such as being able to place tents for RP, etc. 

There are also some QoL features being added for example /ame's when interacting with criminal NPCs, action timers to picking up marijuana (so it can be canceled), action timers for ventilators (to avoid accidentally picking them up mid-cooking process).

Faction Services is currently working with the factions whom they manage for further QoL requests. 

We've also started with weekly development meetings recently to ensure a steadier rate of updates, even if smaller. Obviously, larger systems such as overhauls, and new systems, require a longer time. 

Oh and, please don't post comments that the founders should "sell" the community, not constructive by any means, it's not up for debate! 

• Like 28
  • Upvote 2
  • POG 3

100% agree you should look at ways to improve your own experience, especially when complaining won't solve anything BUT it's a good conversation that I think needs to happen.

Development is happening, I see that from the updates that get sent out in the discord, sometimes a couple days in a row which is great but it's somewhat minor updates that only effect a small group of players. We are eager to see the new house robbing update but this was last teased 17th May... 6 months ago. It's been just over a year the Drug update was teased. Since then we have received a new chop shop system that from my understanding doesn't get used very often any more & the roadworkers job. I understand there may be setbacks when it comes to development, I just ask that we be kept updated and not left in the dark. We are also waiting on a new clothing system & new hair but it just feels like some things have been abandoned because nothing is being communicated to us.

I understand you only have 2 developers so I get things take time but why not branch out and have more on the team? I've been part of this community since 2019 and I want to see it thrive. Although there have been some great updates since then, I feel as though we are very outdated still.

Edit: Without realising there were 2 pages to this thread, I've since noticed there has been an update but this is something that would be nice to see on the discord/announcements.

Edited by Shadow

52 minutes ago, Appelgi said:

^

Get new devs, if you dont trust them just let them do example / standalone projects to make sure they legit. 

I would love to help but probably "no need is needed", as everything is "going alright, its just hard"... There are probably plenty of developers willing to help out. 

i feel like this to, even if its pasting patches on t-shirts, or take at least take in a moderator responsible for the uploads of teases and progress.
the teases or progress posts dont even need to be good, it just needs to show " hey we working on this atm"

i think at this point people will be willing to help out with anything to speed upn the proces.

meantime we are another 6 months further, and th teaser is 1 year and 2/3 ish months old, 
thats a bit of a bummer when you think it wil be happening in like 2/3 months, 

i think the update will drom 3 months from now if everything goes well, but i would also not be surprised if it is in another 6 months if not september 2023
wich that will be 2 years of waiting, 

• PogU 1

It's not that easy though is it? You need to find a developer that you can trust, you probably can't pay them so they'll have to do it because they love it, their style of working has to be compatible with everything else that you got going on in the server. You also have to agree on how you want to do something. You have to give them access to certain things or inform them how you want things to be. You also then have to check their work to make sure it's not malicious and that it works correctly.

All of which takes time, patience and trust.

End of the day, we've got to where we've got with NBDY and Osvaldon doing it. The server isn't perfect and the development is slow, we all know this, you know this, I know this, they know this. But at the same time, I just think if they follow through with their promises to deliver things when they say they do then that's good enough at this point.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/25/2023 at 3:49 AM, Bala said:

It's not that easy though is it? You need to find a developer that you can trust, you probably can't pay them so they'll have to do it because they love it, their style of working has to be compatible with everything else that you got going on in the server. You also have to agree on how you want to do something. You have to give them access to certain things or inform them how you want things to be. You also then have to check their work to make sure it's not malicious and that it works correctly.

All of which takes time, patience and trust.

End of the day, we've got to where we've got with NBDY and Osvaldon doing it. The server isn't perfect and the development is slow, we all know this, you know this, I know this, they know this. But at the same time, I just think if they follow through with their promises to deliver things when they say they do then that's good enough at this point.

I think i see what you mean. 
Having an apprentice is an actual training wich takes a lot of dedication and time. 

do you know “ why” the devs lack in communication towards the comunity ? 
Maybe it has a good reason and could put our mind at ease 

I couldn't say with any degree of certainty but if I had to take a guess, i'd assume that it's an issue of time but also, there are people in this community who are quite insulting when they give their opinions. I'm not talking about constructive criticism, because that can be quite helpful but the ones where they just want to shit on the development stuff or their opinion is just plain unreasonable.

• Like 1