punched

Neglected Businesses Issue

So recently ive noticed alot of business (Gun Stores, Gas Stations) are out of stock/fuel and they have remained like so for several weeks. Its always annoying to go to a gun store and see that its out of stock or go to a gas station is out of fuel but they the owners of a few of these don't ever stock them. There should be a rule in place that makes these neglected businesses automatically go on sale on the market if the owner has either not been online for a set amount of time or the business has not been stocked for a set amount of time (ex. owner is inactive for 2 weeks, or business is out of stock/fuel for 2 weeks). The time before the store is put on the market will obviously need to be discussed between the admins and the price of the business when it is auto listed will need to vary depending on location, but this system is long overdue. It would not take much script to implement, and it could also be done manually by the admins. This would force the owners to at least be active and stock the business when needed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I see why the 3 month system is in place but it is very frustrating when i pull up to a store or gas station multiple times over several days to see that it is empty or out of stock and i dont think im alone in this. There could atleast be a script that automatically takes money out from that persons assets and restocks the business after 2 weeks of inactivity then becomes manuel when they become active again

Edited by punched
Spelling, Rephrashing

The issue isn't as bad as the OP suggests but there's room for improvement.

3 months inactivity before being put up for auction is far too long for example. Something such as 1 month would be much more appropriate. I saw someone mention an issue where the owner could be on a long holiday or leave but I think this could be overcome by a business owner making this known (i.e. they let the management team know).

There is at least one, possibly two gun stores, that could be put on auction using the 3 month mark, leaving just 1 fuel station without stock (temporarily). The way you worded makes it sound like the world is coming to an end, because the current 3 month mark is too much, but in reality, it's not that big of an issue. The vast majority of businesses are stocked and functional.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.