BigDaddyReggal

Chopping Bike's [Old way]

So as criminal you can chop cars which needs whole equipment and time to do, server spawns random civilian cars but it doesnt spawn BIKES, currently you can NOT chop bikes which is kinda unrealistic because bike chopping and selling stolen bike parts is very famous around the world (at least in the place i live in) so why dont you let us chop player owned BIKES in chop places like old ways, i think it will bring criminals more source of income and more roleplay / fun. right now no-one is interested in stealing bikes because it has no use so why not?

• Like 6

Big no.

One of the best things about the new system is that you can actually leave a car/bike in a place for more than 10 minutes and it's not immediately stolen, as people are focusing on NPC vehicles. We're roleplaying in a first world country but sometimes the grind makes it seem like a lawless wasteland, and all of these recent changes helped with it.

I would not like us to move backwards where your bike will be bobby pinned while you're inside a store to get water.

• Like 4
  • NAY 1

+1 but,
If owned bikes are gonna be stolen and chopped, you would get no money out of them, just like we get for chopping owned cars right now.

They should add NPC bikes that you could chop, but the ability to chop owned ones aswell, so it's players choice if they want to make a good RP and if it's valuable to steal an owned bike or not. Just like in terms of cars.

There should be a balance between owned vehicles and NPC's since it's a Roleplay server afterall. And we definitely need more variations ( bikes ) in the current chopping system, now we can chop RV's but we can't chop bikes, doesn't really make sense.

Overall NO from me. For obvious reasons, because of too much chopping RP. The crim RP has somewhat boiled down to chopping only.

If bikes were to be used in the chop system more frequently, then there are certain aspects that should be considered first:

1. NPC bikes should be added for this purpose.
  2. Old system of chopping for NPC bikes only.
  3. Player-owned bikes should not be allowed to get chopped the old way.
  4. If old system is revised exclusively for NPC bikes, then the time it needs to be completed should be in longer lengths like 10 - 15 or even 20 minutes instead of 3 - 5 minutes.
    OR
    Insurance company (Mors Insurance for example) should be able to automatically send an alert to police of a stolen bike being chopped along with the location, if the time-duration for chopping were to remain the same.

Otherwise it will not benefit the roleplay standard as everyone will be rushing to chop a bike and there won't be any more peace of mind left for bike owners. So that's a -1 from me.

• Like 1

As was mentioned by others, lets not back pedal to old ways...I like that people can actually park their personal vehicles places and leave it for more than 30 seconds without it getting stolen. Lets keep it that way. 

I WOULD however support having NPC bikes being spawned in for more variety instead of just cars/trucks as it is now. 

• Like 1

-1 from me and my reasoning is:

Vehicle chopping is good as it is right now, there are vehicles that spawn around the map and also player vehicles are able to be stolen. Bikes really don't necessarily need to be added to this as the server is plentiful with spawned vehicles and player vehicles. Chopping is good as is and honestly doesn't need any changes.

2 hours ago, TheOwl said:

LOL

Solid constructive stuff.

-1, small crims don't need chopping to make money and the general public doesn't need the old ERA of car paranoia, it doesn't make sense to be chopping as a small crim unless you're providing the vehicles for a fee and doing nothing else. Realistically that's how it would be as chopshops are an organized crime activity. My char has 180'd away from chopping vehicles and makes a daily profit doing crime on his own in a way that still makes sense for his character.

Chopping vehicles creates fun things to do that are easily accessible. The emphasis being on the accessibility part.

Realistically we are playing a video game. A video game that, although is RP oriented, is Grand Theft Auto at its core. 

I genuinely couldn't care less what you do as a player. The fact that robbing vehicles poses an issue on whether people want to leave their cars unattended might be slightly annoying to some but it's a fair trade to maintain an activity worth doing.

• Like 1