Harley

Jewelry Store

Henlo fellow roleplay enjoyers!

I have a suggestion that I believe would be very epic with the current additions being made by NBDY, I believe this would be the best time for this to be added, and that is the introduction of the Jewelry Store, for buying Jewelry, and also the addition of Jewelry Store robberies.

ah9spmN.jpg

mfXBMnr.jpg

IXpEzEP.jpg

If my suggestion is taken, I believe the following would be great additions to the ECRP world:

Jewelry Store Shopping

The Jewelry Store would be the new place to purchase Jewelry related clothing such as bracelets, necklaces, earrings and rings, leaving just watches and scarfs as the items you could still buy from a regular clothing store. This would promote more diverse roleplay of clothing and jewelry, and encourage players to go to the location for any jewelry shopping needs. Not only would this be great for just making the locations for clothing shopping more diverse, immersive and fun, but would also add an increased element of risk to my next suggestion.

Jewelry Store Robberies

The current Jewelry Store has an amazing opportunity to be turned into a great addition to criminal content, and I believe could be easy to implement with the recent changes. I believe the jewelry store robberies should not be as simple, or "easy" as a general store robbery, should require prior planning and strategy, similar to a Fleeca bank robbery, and in doing so should include a higher payout than a simple general store robbery. I suggest the script should include:

- An NPC that should be held up with a weapon, similar to the general store script.

- 2 Scripted CCTV cameras covering the Jewelry Store floor, requiring boltcutters to cut.

- Jewelry available to steal from each glass cabinet, which should require a hammer or gun to smash & grab, using the WI on each cabine to display these options. This would give a "Bag of Jewelry" item, similar to how packed cash is given from grabbing from a bank. Hammer would be added to the toolsmith Turf NPC for consistency of "Robbery Tools" being available through this NPC, giving it much needed purpose.

- A small safe behind the middle counter with some packed cash inside for those who are eagle eyed and spot it, would also require bolt cutters.

The 'Bag of Jewelry' item could then be handled in two ways. Either a Businessman Turf NPC would buy stolen jewelry from you, similar to how you sell packed cash, or you could also sell the 'Bag of Jewelry' item to the Pawn Shop for more value than the businessman NPC, with the downfall of it not giving influence to the turf, giving the player the choice between getting less money but influence on the Turf, or more money at the Pawn Shop, but no influence.

This would be a great addition to the Businessman Turf NPC system, giving criminals more ways to feed these turfs, meaning less bank robberies would be chained in a row, and would give more variety to this type of RP. Allowing the stolen jewelry to also be sold at the pawn shop opens this robbery RP to more than just official factions, giving everyone the chance to do a jewelry store heist.

The animations for a 'Smash & Grab' system are actually already in GTA. I'm unsure how easy/difficult it would be to use these animations, but it would add awesome immersion to the script if this is possible.

TsChLh5.gif

With the recent additions and updates made by NBDY, I would love to see this being added to ECRP to bring more variety to criminal RP, but also just more life to a great interior location, that currently is dead, but with incredible potential.

If you have any feedback, or suggestions on this idea, I'd love to hear it, especially from a developer!

• Like 6
  • YAY 1
  • Upvote 16
  • yooo 1

yes

could also work as WI menu shows you TYPES of jewellery maybe? Watches, brackets, rings ect. Potentially giving each one an item weight?

in turn the robber brings a bag from the store and has to be conscious on what he can fit in it? Maybe the watches are 10kg and he only has 8 left but rings are 3kg each so he can fill the empty space with the lighter items 🤷🏻‍♂️ Similar to payday 

Edited by WongChan

5 minutes ago, WongChan said:

yes

could also work as WI menu shows you TYPES of jewellery maybe? Watches, brackets, rings ect. Potentially giving each one an item weight?

in turn the robber brings a bag from the store and has to be conscious on what he can fit in it? Maybe the watches are 10kg and he only has 8 left but rings are 3kg each so he can fill the empty space with the lighter items 🤷🏻‍♂️ Similar to payday 

I like this idea, however I think it might be a little too ambitious for ECRP, I think simply a "Bag of jewelry" item you can steal from each cabinet gives enough script support to be immersive, but not too much to make the robbery a bunch of WI elements. I like it though, just maybe not for ECRP's style.

1 minute ago, Harley said:

I like this idea, however I think it might be a little too ambitious for ECRP, I think simply a "Bag of jewelry" item you can steal from each cabinet gives enough script support to be immersive, but not too much to make the robbery a bunch of WI elements. I like it though, just maybe not for ECRP's style.

U right u right

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phantas said:

What does your ''+1'' add to this post that a reaction wouldn't have? Expand on what makes this post so good that makes you want to comment! Your opinions matter!

Well Phantas, I'm glad you asked!

In Daichead Gadai we got ALT-RP approval to do a jewelry heist on the very same Jewelry Store that @Harley has shown in this thread!
While it was definitely fun, a scripted version for the whole community to use consistently would be quite good if you ask me!
Is that good enough for you sir?

9 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

I think it is a great idea Harley. But i feel like it will 100% turn in to the way banks are. And it will be just more fuel to the crim vs leo debate. I believe that the way the Irish did it was the best way and the only was it should happen.

So adding another feature for criminals to do instead of just grinding EXCLUSIVELY banks is a bad thing? Personally think this isn't a great take. Even if the jewelry stores did eventually get robbed very often, atleast there would be more variety than just the banks.

• Like 1

Just now, Harley said:

So adding another feature for criminals to do instead of just grinding EXCLUSIVELY banks is a bad thing? Personally think this isn't a great take. Even if the jewelry stores did eventually get robbed very often, atleast there would be more variety than just the banks.

I think the rp would be exactly the same (coming from an LEO side) there would be almost no difference in roleplay except location and "mini-game" to get the cash.

@IAmTurtle

Your reasoning doesn't make sense at all, sorry to say.

First of all the context itself a jewelry store and a bank are a different story with different approach, secondly would it hurt to make more content that would provide more roleplay experiences for both sides (criminals and cops)? Ask yourself that and would help you think this through, just a gentle feedback on the matter. To add more information to your feedback adjustments can always take place by time.

FYI @Harley Great suggestion overall and this have been asked multiple times in the past, so far the development team have been killing it lately hopefully we get this added as well with minor adjustments.

Edited by PhenomenalX

I like the idea of more heists, although I agree with the sentiment @IAmTurtle is expressing, it's not like I don't want more heists added, It just needs to be handled differently then the current bank meta.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is only one jewellery store in the base GTA map, as such I think the payout for this heist should be significantly higher than banks. However, this also should come with significant risks.

A few ideas that I think would benefit this suggestion.

- High payout

- As suggested there should be jewellery cabinets, although these would only be accessible via lock picking (ideally this would be a mini-game instead of using standard lockpicking RNG action timer, thus promoting skill and benefiting criminals who practice a lot)

- There needs to be something that keeps people in the location longer, perhaps even promoting hostage taking as a bargaining chip to negotiate free passage or something of the sorts. We talk about RP all the time, but as it stands store robberies, banks, ATMs are all a game of amount of people and bikes with the only goal being to get it completed as fast as possible.

- This heist should be able to be partially completed stealthly if enough preparations are made. Add a junction box on the roof where someone with bolt cutters can shut the electricity and/or cameras, giving criminals a 5-10 minute window to rob the place. The NPC inside would still need to be constantly held up to avoid a 911 call. However, this would only allow you to get through a small amount of jewellery cabinets, unless you've mastered the lockpicking games.

TL;DR, overall suggestion is good, but I think it needs to be significantly different and challenging to account for there being only one jewellery store as well as to promote a well planned heist which might include hostages instead of the current meta with 20 bikes completing a bank in 3 mins and leaving

I 100% agree that if possible there should be multiple approaches that players should be able to tackle the heist.

Want to go in loud and dumb? Sure, but be ready to face resistance.

Want to it the quiet and smart way? You'll need more tools and preparation, but less likely to get caught.

I think it could really benefit for multiple ways you can successfully pull off the heist, so even if you are repeating it and it turns into a "Bank Meta" it would always have some sort of variety built in

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 1:13 AM, IAmTurtle said:

I think it is a great idea Harley. But i feel like it will 100% turn in to the way banks are. And it will be just more fuel to the crim vs leo debate. I believe that the way the Irish did it was the best way and the only was it should happen.

Which means in turn you’re leaving it to ONLY official factions as ALT RP isn’t easy to get for non official if at all. Again even for official this could take months of waiting if what I’ve experienced is correct.

there’s two ways into the store as it’s in an alley way, making it easier for cops to block it off which inturn changes how crims will approach it. Taking hostages, having help outside of the bank ect. 

sure we can talk about the bank meta and 20 bf400s clearing it out in 3 minutes, but that also opens the conversation to WHY they feel like that’s their only option… cops combat rolling into bank in 150ap with carbine rifles ringing lose while the hostage is still inside, negotiating safe passage only to be shot once 4 pixels of your head come into view.

If this was to be done, maybe we should learn to manage negotiations better is all I’m saying 🤷🏻‍♂️

great idea tho Harley 💜

Edited by WongChan
  • Like 1