karpalak

Mafia RolePlay

I am wondering if there are players who know how to properly simulate mafia? I mean serious players who already have previous experience of SAMP or have enough OOC knowledge. Recently, I started thinking of starting a new criminal faction (a mafia) that will be at a very high level and standard (of roleplay and simulation), and you will not see what you are seeing at the moment - robbing shops and other players 24/7 and simillar. Many things will be according to the real mafia. We know that at the moment none of criminal factions is functioning as a proper organization, family, mafia, which is made up of professionals, but otherwise, they are all amateurs who end up in prison every day and they only want to kill cops.

If there is a promising interest I will hurry up with the preparations and believe, it will be one of the best organized factions on the server.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, karpalak said:

I am wondering if there are players who know how to properly simulate mafia? I mean serious players who already have previous experience of SAMP or have enough OOC knowledge. Recently, I started thinking of starting a new criminal faction (a mafia) that will be at a very high level and standard (of roleplay and simulation), and you will not see what you are seeing at the moment - robbing shops and other players 24/7 and simillar. Many things will be according to the real mafia. We know that at the moment none of criminal factions is functioning as a proper organization, family, mafia, which is made up of professionals, but otherwise, they are all amateurs who end up in prison every day and they only want to kill cops.

If there is a promising interest I will hurry up with the preparations and believe, it will be one of the best organized factions on the server.

Would love to see this and would +1 this for you!

28 minutes ago, Spergburger said:

+1 Been thinking of doing the same for a while. But don't know if I have the time available to make/lead one 

Same, I don't have time to lead a criminal faction but would love to be apart of a mafia. There was one getting started somewhat recently but the leader quit. 

A good idea, although it is VERY hard to get started and running.

Some things you will need to consider in attempting to roleplay a serious criminal organization may include recruitment, criminal response, and player response. (much more, though these are the most important in my own opinion)

In regards to recruitment, you will need to be very strict in who you recruit and who you chose to take care of leadership positions. In having a strict set of standards, you will need to recruit people who will uphold these standards to the same level that you do, without this, your faction will fall into negative light such as other large criminal factions from the past. You will need to find criminals players who wish to move forward in a level of RP similar to the PD and the LSEMS.

In regards to criminal response (the most difficult from experience), is how will other criminals view you? It is very hard to roleplay a strict set of standards when other players will simply attempt to take shortcuts and cheap shots to gain an advantage. If you are looking to play with the mindset of complete RP, you will need to realize that you will rarely win situations (physical and RP) scenarios due to opposing players lack of willingness to RP and a lack of attempt to play in the thought of both parties. Many of the criminals in the server do not wish to enforce strict roleplay standards (no foul intent, simply the way things are at the moment) which means you will be "handicapping" yourself when it comes to guns, deals, firefights, etc.

In regards to player response, you will need to consider how civilians and blue collar people will see you. A large part of the Mafia's lifestyle is that of bribing officials, stealing through willful handover, and business corruption. Due to rules set in place as to avoid unrealism (completely fine might I add), It will be difficult to attempt to "fear" government workers into handing over assets, accepting bribes, etc. You will also find it difficult to influence business as there are no strong "roleplay businesses" which can be affected externally.

In conclusion, running and maintaining a strong criminal faction/organization which restricts its style of RP, gameplay, and OOC attitude can be VERY challenging and difficult if you are not willing to put a lot of time and effort into it.

I have attempted starting factions like this in the past, although none of which had been able to reach the level of success I had hoped.

If you truly do wish to continue with your idea and attempt to make a strong criminal organization, I would be more than happy to be a part of your faction and assist you.

NoewUH

Edited by NoewUH