Chunder

Building System Changes & Additions

Hello there!

I have spent a lot of the last month building and there are some small improvements that I believe would greatly improve the building process.

1. Prop Counter

It is very hard to determine the amount of items placed both inside and outside of a house property without manually counting each one and even then some of them are hidden. I think it would be very valuable to everyone that intends to build to be able to run a command that tells them how many items they have placed inside of outside of a property and how many building slots they have left.

I am currently building a massive property and am concerned that I am soon going to run out of building space without realising it.

2. Right clicking furniture to discover it's name

The only way right now to determine the name of an item you've put down is to remove it and look at the item's name. It would be great if you were able to right click the item and it would display the name of the item without having to remove it.

iiTVxy3.png

3. Manually typing coordinates 

Placing things perfectly in a long row or column takes a very long time due to micro adjustments to make sure everything is aligned. When placing things in a line, you already know 2 out of 3 of the coordinates that you need to place the item on and getting them precise is what makes the ordeal slow.

It would be useful to be able to manually type to coordinates instead of having to pull the directions pixel by pixel and then back again to get the items perfect.

haCOVu2.png

I might have other ideas when it comes to building and will update this if I think of any!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Would love to see some of these potentially implemented in the future. Saving coords and having to reach to them every time takes some time especially when you're working on bigger projects. Being able to type them out for your XYZ could allow easy snapping to a position and making those tedious walls/floors easier to do.

I agree with these suggestions, the building system has gotten better but it could still improve.

I'd throw in the following though.

• Being able to purchase extra interior objects for your builds up to a certain point with $$$.
    Maybe your build is set to like 500 objects max, at that point, adding an extra 25.. 50.. 100 objects isn't that deep.

• /removelastfurniture
    I'm assuming that each piece of furniture in the server has a unique ID.
    It's simple, check the ID of the furniture and whether you have perms for it's associated interior, if you do, you can delete it if you are inside the interior.
    Some pieces of furniture, you can't access.

• Being able to purchase furniture from inside the interior, removing the furniture store.
    Honestly between the distance, fuel consumption and the inventory weight, it's an unnecessary inconvenience buying furniture in bulk and people don't roleplay/interact at the furniture stores anyway.

• Additional Tabs for the Furniture Store
    The unfortunate part of when I added so much more furniture was the tabs, especially misc got very full and objects get lost quite easy.
    Categorising the misc objects further would help.
  • Like 1

Massive +1 on the manual input of coordinates, even if it was you can click on the numbers and it would bring up a default GTA input box.

On 12/29/2021 at 12:05 AM, Bala said:

Being able to purchase furniture from inside the interior, removing the furniture store.
Honestly between the distance, fuel consumption and the inventory weight, it's an unnecessary inconvenience buying furniture in bulk and people don't roleplay/interact at the furniture stores anyway.

Despite everything loving the money sink idea of furniture, I think this is a big +1 along with changing the price so people can build for RP sake and not to grind money. This combined would allow for people to make a lot more interesting builds and not be afraid to try to make new unique things inside of their property without breaking the bank of hours upon hours of grinding for cash.

Just to add on to the topic, this is what I used to make sure I could remember coordinates to line things up since you couldn't input custom values. I had to drag each thing into it rather than just inputting the values manually. If I had the option to put in the values manually, I could have saved a lot of time and effort!

unknown.png