sNo0BbZz

Chop shops and players interaction with them.

Chop shops are a very important part of criminal roleplay being that its the only way for a criminal to make money off of a stolen vehicle. I just wanted to say a few things that would make your roleplay standards better when interacting with chop shops.

The fact that when people go to a chop a vehicle they go up, they press on the NPC and hide in a bush for the next 5 minutes. Occasionally going up to the NPC to check the timer and relay that information to whoever is with them. I honestly think it would be better RP if you don't relay the EXACT timer displayed on the screen cause thats not really realistic. For Example: If someone asks how long you got left on a chop and you say 3 minutes and 25 seconds. Instead add a role play element to it by saying: "yeah the guy is telling me around 3 minutes" or when its like less then a minute or something: "yo he is saying he is almost done". This would create a better roleplay environment because people in real life that chop vehicles don't give you an exact timer of when they will be done. Obviously this isn't of upmost importance or anything but its a little thing to improve the quality of RP.

Also I have a suggestion for chop shops,
Right now when you go to chop a vehicle you can start the chop and hide anywhere nearby and when the chop is done you magically get the money in your pocket without interacting with the NPC . I honestly think it would be better if that when the chop is done the money is on the NPC and you have to go interact with him to retrieve it. This makes more Role play sense and also would create new RP scenarios for gangs that could fight over the money.

• Like 1

I agree with you on the RP quality we could be portraying over chopping cars. Similar situations can be found when modding your vehicle and the player next to you can see the modifications with /modview. I believe it is up to us as roleplayers to provide adequate immersion around these elements that need it the most. For example, when looking at /modview, I always RP having a catalogue and showing the catalogue to either my friend, or circling elements in the catalogue for the mechanic. As for chop shops, creating an RP story around how long is left for the chop is a brilliant idea. 

The best part is, it only requires two maybe three seconds more to relay "he is telling me it will take about 2 minutes". 

As for the script of holding the money, I am not sure if that is even possible, but it is a good idea. It would make more sense. 

• Like 1

I think most people do this already.

Some factions go as far as RPing actually helping the NPC chop the vehicle

-1 to collecting money from the npc.

Finding vehicles to chop without killing someone for their vehicle has become complicated enough at times unless you're a member of a gang.

Having to collect the money from an NPC just gives the victims/PD a chance to camp the NPC.

If I brought a stolen car to a back alley mechanic he isn't going to admit he's taken a stolen car to a member of  PD or the victim it was stolen from

Edited by TheOwl
Addition
  • Like 1

I totally agree with the timer suggestion, however, I believe the player shouldn't say the exact time that the UI shows to them. 

Collecting the cash from the NPC should be a thing, since realistically, once the mechanic finishes chopping a vehicle, he hands you the money. This would fix the issue where some players hide very far away from the NPC and the cash magically gets in their pocket once the vehicle is chopped.

• Like 1