SkylineGT

Death rule change(5.5.1.6.)

"5.5.1.6. Forcing your own death or suiciding to avoid arrest during a situation is not allowed. Getting into a
shoot out and losing is not a valid way to escape charges. It is up to PD if your death can be roleplayed or
not when there is script opportunity to revive you."

Imo this is stupid, now don't get me wrong I did not expirience this(I do know some lads which did) and this seems to be pretty damn unfair, if you can't rp player death why the fuck is there even an ability to get dropped? So someone can show his e-power? On the other hand if it gets removed it can be abushed easily... now here's my suggestion

It's not realistic at all for officer to decide whatever if you're alive or not, now what we should do is make a script of shot registers and if officer shot you in the leg, arm or some place like that you're alive and you HAVE to roleplay and eventually get arrested eh? but if he shot you in the head or chest let the script automatically kill you and gg, and no it's not valid excuse "50 cent got shot 9 times and survived" because you can't roleplay being 1/1000000 individuals who can get shot unlimited ammounts of times and still be alive because as far as I know 99 percent of people(especially without armor) die with 1 shot of 9mm

Seems fair to me, give your opinions.

Would be very cool to implement something like a hit register like you're saying, but as it is now every criminal would RP death because nobody wants to spend 2 hours in jail. If you get downed from a shotgun from close range, or a sniper, or swat team unloading on you, sometimes the cops will allow you to rp death because its more realistic... However, most of the time you won't be able to rp death otherwise people will always choose that option rather than going to jail for 2 hours.

+1 your idea to implementing a hit register type thing

• Like 1

Just now, Dashingly said:

Would be very cool to implement something like a hit register like you're saying, but as it is now every criminal would RP death because nobody wants to spend 2 hours in jail. If you get downed from a shotgun from close range, or a sniper, or swat team unloading on you, sometimes the cops will allow you to rp death because its more realistic... However, most of the time you won't be able to rp death otherwise people will always choose that option rather than going to jail for 2 hours.

+1 your idea to implementing a hit register type thing

Well I agree with you but it can be easily be abushed(if it wont be automatic system) by both sides, 1) Police officers can ALWAYS deny your death 2) Criminals would always say that they deied to some bullshit... now honestly saying I don't really care about this rule heck on ngg jail was my second home so I don't have problems dealing with it however I know certain players who got 12yo mentality of "oh well imma rob the store, if I get dropped imma just rp dying and respawn if I get jailed/denied that rp imma whine for next 10 months because I got jailed for 2 hours"

27 minutes ago, tianity said:

Since the script might be to hard to implement how about just a 75% chance to survive from a fatal gunshot wound?

from FATAL woundshot it would be 75 chance to be dead... underline it's fatal/deadly.

point to make the script is to remove the rule because it's not realistic to survive a shot in the head, as well as it's not realistic to die from the shot in the leg

Right I understand that making a script to die instantly with a shot to the head and to be injured from a shot to the leg would be the best case scenario. I was just saying as a compromise in case it can't be done to do the percentage instead of just having it the way it is now.

Okey first off all I want to say. You can suicide if Roleplayed correctly and kill youself if you do a KC. I have handled alot of suicide cases as a medic. Second as a criminal you can DeathRP with OOC permission off the arresting officer and highest officer on scene. For example I had DeathRP a couple of times myself on my criminal character. Cops decide if they give concent for DeathRP. I arrived on many scenes as a medic where the patient tries to work againts me so he can die. But he did not ask for DeathRP concent. If he did before I arrived. He most likely had permission. 

That said. Me as a medic. I Actualy ask if they wanna deathRP alot. As /analyzewounds shows multiple headshots. If he does not. I RP him being shot someware else.

-1 as deathRP is actualy common if you ask permission in OOC to the involved parties. And suicide is possible if you KC

Regards

-Musketdeeznuts

Edit. Be aware you can do /analysewounds on youself as well. And see your wounds and how old they are. Using this you can do:

"Concent for DeathRP. Analysewounds say muliple headshots" and it would be script based.

Edited by MusketDeezNuts

13 minutes ago, MusketDeezNuts said:

Okey first off all I want to say. You can suicide if Roleplayed correctly and kill youself if you do a KC. I have handled alot of suicide cases as a medic. Second as a criminal you can DeathRP with OOC permission off the arresting officer and highest officer on scene. For example I had DeathRP a couple of times myself on my criminal character. Cops decide if they give concent for DeathRP. I arrived on many scenes as a medic where the patient tries to work againts me so he can die. But he did not ask for DeathRP concent. If he did before I arrived. He most likely had permission. 

That said. Me as a medic. I Actualy ask if they wanna deathRP alot. As /analyzewounds shows multiple headshots. If he does not. I RP him being shot someware else.

-1 as deathRP is actualy common if you ask permission in OOC to the involved parties. And suicide is possible if you KC

Regards

-Musketdeeznuts

I do know that you can rp that however in certain cases either criminals or officer give stupid "excuses" why(two days ago police officer denied deathrp because "50 cent survived 9 gun shots"), Iif you have /analyzewounds as medic that's good than but in that case medic should decide whatever if player can roleplay death or not..

This thread is made for player kill only, not character kill.

4 minutes ago, SkylineGT said:

I do know that you can rp that however in certain cases either criminals or officer give stupid "excuses" why(two days ago police officer denied deathrp because "50 cent survived 9 gun shots"), Iif you have /analyzewounds as medic that's good than but in that case medic should decide whatever if player can roleplay death or not..

This thread is made for player kill only, not character kill.

Everyone has access to that command. A medic and cop can check other people. If you check youself. And have multiple headshots. Dont speak IC. As your death. And ask OOC concent and explain the wounds you got. I have seen multiple people with headshots but they can deny death if its only one headshot, a headshot doesnt need te be lethal. But multiple.... "winks"

Edited by MusketDeezNuts

48 minutes ago, Kay133 said:

Only if they drastically increase the jail time and add penalties to dying such as a money fines etc.

Mate jail time is bugged as fuck, whatever if you're going to drive recklessly or you're going to kill someone you're still going to end up in jail for two hours, and trust me noone wants to sit in jail for 2 hours for some bullshit, and money fines are really depending on your experience and money itsself, being fined 10k while playing for two days and two months is not the same

5 minutes ago, SkylineGT said:

Mate jail time is bugged as fuck, whatever if you're going to drive recklessly or you're going to kill someone you're still going to end up in jail for two hours, and trust me noone wants to sit in jail for 2 hours for some bullshit, and money fines are really depending on your experience and money itsself, being fined 10k while playing for two days and two months is not the same

Well then as a criminal, it shouldn't be your priority to be caught or even involved in a police shooting. Crims could literally just shoot at the cops, then get shot, RP death and then die. I've got no problem with people RP'ing death, but death in general needs to have some sort of consequences. I do agree that more criminal content needs to be added to do stuff, and that the prison also needs some overhauling. 

1 minute ago, Kay133 said:

Well then as a criminal, it shouldn't be your priority to be caught or even involved in a police shooting. Crims could literally just shoot at the cops, then get shot, RP death and then die. I've got no problem with people RP'ing death, but death in general needs to have some sort of consequences. I do agree that more criminal content needs to be added to do stuff, and that the prison also needs some overhauling. 

That is exactly how I play. I kidnapped cops and medics and got ransom money and still got away cause of a good plan. A criminals number one priority is to not get caught. Or even wanted. Thats how I play my crime character. I dont do low robberies. I plan big 

8 minutes ago, Kay133 said:

conseq such as what? back in samp there were none you paid 2.5k bill(which is like 250$ in this server even less) and you lost your weapons if you had any, you didn't lose stuff in your inventory.. you can't say don't get caught because it's not players fault that there're bugs in the server. Also, waiting 40 in game minutes just to die is a screw up in itsself

6 minutes ago, MusketDeezNuts said:

That is exactly how I play. I kidnapped cops and medics and got ransom money and still got away cause of a good plan. A criminals number one priority is to not get caught. Or even wanted. Thats how I play my crime character. I dont do low robberies. I plan big 

the question is how does low "level"(pretty much a player with not a lot of money cars that can't really escape cops cars etc) roleplay a criminal then?

19 minutes ago, SkylineGT said:

conseq such as what? back in samp there were none you paid 2.5k bill(which is like 250$ in this server even less) and you lost your weapons if you had any, you didn't lose stuff in your inventory.. you can't say don't get caught because it's not players fault that there're bugs in the server. Also, waiting 40 in game minutes just to die is a screw up in itsself

what do you mean with bugged?

2 minutes ago, Kay133 said:

what do you mean with bugged?

I mean, as said before whatever if you drive recklessly or kill someone you're going to end up in jail for 2 hours... those are two completly different crimes and yet it's the same punishment, either doesn't make any sense or a bug.

Gta v lacks shitload of development in general, those random crashes, lack of stuff to buy, lack of some roleplay stuff etc etc etc, in general point being the server is far from being developed(all of them in fact) so instead of looking on you're going to screw up some players let's find a way that everyone can enjoy it and actually roleplay.

1 minute ago, SkylineGT said:

I mean, as said before whatever if you drive recklessly or kill someone you're going to end up in jail for 2 hours... those are two completly different crimes and yet it's the same punishment, either doesn't make any sense or a bug.

Gta v lacks shitload of development in general, those random crashes, lack of stuff to buy, lack of some roleplay stuff etc etc etc, in general point being the server is far from being developed(all of them in fact) so instead of looking on you're going to screw up some players let's find a way that everyone can enjoy it and actually roleplay.

well with increased jail time, reckless driving and murder would have completely different times. And if something happened due to bugs, it can always be reported.

Just now, Kay133 said:

well with increased jail time, reckless driving and murder would have completely different times. And if something happened due to bugs, it can always be reported.

and why the fuck would someone sit in jail for 2 hours for reckless driving rather than 30mins? in real life in most cases you're not even in jail for that you lose your license for like 30 days but..., also there're no judges you can't appeal your punishment and your "miranda rights" are here just for the show... instead of focusing on arresting players focus on roleplaying with them. Regarding bugs.. again it's not nessesary the bugs its lack of gta v development... let me give you and example of average gta v player= *joins the server* *goes to work* *works for 30mins* *gets robbed with 0 roleplay, in a lot of cases dies* *repeat* question is what do you do when you're in game? Back on ngg we had roleplay we had robberies chases gun fights(like legit gun fights 10v10 with m4s etc) businesses(which were not factions by the way) two nations etc, here I'm only working 24/7 and gg, personally I'm fine with it but a lot of players are not

The argument becomes that criminals will always want to die to avoid prison, and that cops will always say that you survive to prison you.

I'd like to make it easier for people to get finished off once they are injured, so that cops/attackers can finish you off by accident if they don't have proper trigger-discipline, however I suspect this is a RAGEMP sync issue and not a script issue, therefore there's very little to improve until further updates are pushed.

Just now, alexalex303 said:

The argument becomes that criminals will always want to die to avoid prison, and that cops will always say that you survive to prison you.

I'd like to make it easier for people to get finished off once they are injured, so that cops/attackers can finish you off by accident if they don't have proper trigger-discipline, however I suspect this is a RAGEMP sync issue and not a script issue, therefore there's very little to improve until further updates are pushed.

Well that's exactly what I said, and if you have automatic script for server to check if you got shot in the head or the leg and SERVER automatically sends you to hospital or let's you stay alive the problem is solved. 

51 minutes ago, SkylineGT said:

the question is how does low "level"(pretty much a player with not a lot of money cars that can't really escape cops cars etc) roleplay a criminal then?

Well i guess i could only say good luck to you, i heard the new city bee faggio's are a great gateaway vehicle blend in with the crowd xD

On a serious not, its difficult and i agree with you totally but thats the risk of been a criminal i guess.