Pear78

Police taking reports online in RP, in stead of forum reports

Was robbed yesterday, which was a perfect opportunity for some RP. The robbers where actually proper RPing, was fun to be robbed like that.
Stole my phone battery, so couldn't call the cops. Figured it would be a nice thing to RP a bit with the police and go file a report there.
They didnt even try to RP back; "go to the website and file a report there".
Told them I got an old phone and wasnt very technical.. another cop came up and mumble something about internet cafés in town.. but ofc. couldnt direct me to one.. but at least he tried, kudo's for him. All and all, it was pretty disappointing. killing immersion like a baws.

Suggestion; have cops take reports. Imho this is about interaction, acting, having fun with people. could care less if the robbers would get caught. I wanted to cry that I got robbed, that they pointed a gun at me.. I was so scared! none of that 😞

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Pear78 said:

Was robbed yesterday, which was a perfect opportunity for some RP. The robbers where actually proper RPing, was fun to be robbed like that.
Stole my phone battery, so couldn't call the cops. Figured it would be a nice thing to RP a bit with the police and go file a report there.
They didnt even try to RP back; "go to the website and file a report there".
Told them I got an old phone and wasnt very technical.. another cop came up and mumble something about internet cafés in town.. but ofc. couldnt direct me to one.. but at least he tried, kudo's for him. All and all, it was pretty disappointing. killing immersion like a baws.

Suggestion; have cops take reports. Imho this is about interaction, acting, having fun with people. could care less if the robbers would get caught. I wanted to cry that I got robbed, that they pointed a gun at me.. I was so scared! none of that 😞

+1 I love this, unfortunately there are loads of calls constantly so I don't think there are that many people available unless a Cadet is there. I would have done this with you and just posted it online for you instead ;)! 

• Like 1

I said once already that we need regulations on robberies, I don't have anything against that and I'm also roleplaying a crim. in game however it's pretty damn annoying when every idiot on street can just point a gun in you in any situations and *12yo russian* HANDSUP BLYAT *kills you* *oocly frisks you* *leaves*, right now all of those are just random robberies and it doesn't even matter if you're on the sidewalk in the middle of the town or you're in the middle of nowhere

11 hours ago, Kay133 said:

I would do it if we didn't get a robbery or shots fired call every 5 minutes. 

Make that every 2 minutes.

I mean usually we can't do anything about it because we do not have enough evidence. Personally when I was a cadet, people taught me to reply with that. Police is really busy all the time responding to shots fired, pursuits or store robberies every other minute. Also due to the lack of evidence it would be unfair for us to arrest a guy that fits a certain description without police actually witnessing it.

56 minutes ago, JackD248 said:

Yes cops are just “Make a crime report” “Make an IA report” “Sorry, not right now” that’s the 3 answers you get unless it’s a small few of the better Roleplaying officers within PD that actually do RP it rather than saying 1 of the above. 

It really hasn’t anything to do with roleplay, rather that cops are extremely busy and can’t deal with every person that wants to IA report somebody. I’d love to do some investigating and such, but then we get a “Code 1 officer down”call or similar. 

Just now, Kay133 said:

It really hasn’t anything to do with roleplay, rather that cops are extremely busy and can’t deal with every person that wants to IA report somebody. I’d love to do some investigating and such, but then we get a “Code 1 officer down”call or similar. 

Well it would help if the cops actually went on patrol then half the cops just loiter at PD 

Just now, JackD248 said:

Well it would help if the cops actually went on patrol then half the cops just loiter at PD 

Please stop talking out of your ass and present some actual evidence. Perhaps a few gangs shouldn’t be starting a shootout every 3 Minutes and show some actual quality rp. 

1 minute ago, Kay133 said:

Please stop talking out of your ass and present some actual evidence. Perhaps a few gangs shouldn’t be starting a shootout every 3 Minutes and show some actual quality rp. 

I am not talking out my ass Kay thanks!

I never said it was you, but i don't know what RP your level is at if your questioning mine how about you look at yours first before mine as a criminal.

5 minutes ago, JackD248 said:

I am not talking out my ass Kay thanks!

I never said it was you, but i don't know what RP your level is at if your questioning mine how about you look at yours first before mine as a criminal.

You’re accusing many members of the PD faction of disregarding their faction duties, without any evidence. 

Also, I’ve never said that you’re starting shootouts constantly, I just said that a few gangs do that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackD248 said:

The only ones that may "loiter" are Cadets, since they need to go out with someone. Other than that, first hand I've witnessed every officer who is on duty (who isn't doing Admin work or Support work) is out there, responding to all and every call possible.