UrbanGhost

Urban Madine, The Not So Perfect Daughter

Chapter 1: Start Of Life

BPTCdVP9fdj6P6JldOHCfz8M64moe2NmPcUGDHz4_-0R4yM7cVW3S1SfPN8fENREHNswuvI8i5NTu5MC_1zfUR71RDSTPmti5eZGOIs73VwRgI5HBOBHoiY1NgchjA=s1600

Life isn’t all bubblegum and rainbows.

This is something Urban learned at a very young age. Although she grew up in what appeared to be a loving household, things were never that simple. No, Urban grew up with unrealistic expectations placed on her and being reprimanded if she didn’t live up to those standards.

Her parents, Janet and Adam Madine, were both shrewd and unkind individuals. Since Urban was a young girl, they were pushing her to be perfect. Every time she wasn’t perfect, she earned new bruises and mental scarring. She only got 95 on a test and not 100? Beaten with a belt and left to starve for two days.

Behind closed doors her parents were monsters and no one knew about it except for her. In public they kept up the façade of being the perfect doting parents with the exceptional daughter. Urban could never understand how they managed to act so different between public and private. In her young mind she believed that they really had to love her, right?

Then Urban’s uncle, her father’s brother Michael, started visiting more often. He treated Urban with so much care, Urban didn’t know what to do. Her uncle was always trying to find out about how she was doing, her hobbies. Anything he could ask about, he did. He found it so odd that Urban had no hobbies and no idea what to do for fun. She was 13 after all. She should have some kind of interests.

8hByy5BkTxQB8CHieq3VVqgv1PjEV3-FW0lJsQei0doaiVwa96CM2C_ullpgMl4LaYw_T_Upfd02IgpFirZCfmAyiA4i9xdqJA4LbIv9N6ph8OKBma3bnB_GduXLkg=s1600

So he took Urban hunting. Sometimes they didn’t really see anything worthwhile but when that happened, they resorted to using magpies for target practice. After all, no one liked magpies. Urban was always so happy when she got to go out shooting with her uncle. Feeling the gun in her hand brought her a kind of joy that she couldn’t explain.

But then her parents found out about what they were doing when they went out. Needless to say, they didn’t approve. There was shouting match after shouting match and everything ended with them banning Michael from ever visiting or contacting Urban again. They ripped them apart just when Urban was starting to get happier. 

Things only got worse for her after that. More fighting, more abuse. Then, when Urban was 14, her uncle came to get her.
“I promised you a year ago I’d take care of you. I’m making good on my promise.”
And then they left, Michael moving them both to South Africa. He still left often to deal with lawyers about his taking Urban from her parents. The court did see his side of things, surprisingly. Her parents, however, were still constantly trying to get her back to create their perfect trophy family façade again. 

Urban never went back, though. She spent two years living with her uncle, going to school and finally making her own friends. They kept up their hunting, now moving to big game. They always killed only the animals that were permitted and they never wasted the meat. They enjoyed the sport of tracking and killing the animals but had enough respect to not let their deaths go to waste.

Then, when she was 16, a new court order arrived. Urban was to return to Australia to her parents. She instantly pulled back into her shell, becoming almost robotic, accepting the fact that her life would be hell again. Michael saw this and made his own plan.

Michael went back to Australia, to his brother. He wasn’t really interested in talking to them anymore. He saw what they were doing to his niece even after years of not seeing her. 

“Adam, I will ask you once, and only once. Drop the court order.”
“No. Michael, she’s my daughter so she’s my property. You stole her from me so I’m taking her back.”

That’s how Adam ended up gagged, tied to a chair. His wife was lying dead on the floor, her brain matter covering the wall behind her corpse. Michael stood, wiping the blood from his face, staring at his brother. 

“I told you I would only ask you once. You brought this on yourself.”

He punched Adam once, knocking him out cold. He placed the gun in his brother’s limp hand, maneuvering it and placing it in his brother’s mouth. Then, he pulled the trigger. The bullet erupted through the back of his skull and hit the metal clock behind him, creating sparks which floated down to the carpet below them. It didn’t take long for the carpet to start smoking and eventually catch on fire. 

Michael returned to South Africa that same night; returned to Urban.
“They won’t bother you ever again.”
And Urban never questioned it. She got the news the next morning, knowing what her uncle did for her. She was grateful. The detectives believed it was a murder suicide with an unfortunate end, just as her uncle had planned.

It didn’t take long for her uncle to adopt her. He was, after all, more like a father to her than anyone else in her life. And so life went on. She finished high school and started attending university. She ended up dropping out. Officially it’s because she wanted to travel. In reality it was because her adoptive father’s girlfriend, Anna Hillside, really got on her nerves. She travelled all over the world, her uncle being more than happy to fund the adventure. She did return to South Africa for a short time to attend the wedding and attempt to bond with her new step mother, but it didn’t work out.

AWJkra1zzM0jzN_qJQTS1mcoYNcGENoVUfvrc1rjMukCGl4nNlF7Xn1jsIQ2KA6qAo9pxLUX8PvNZd4wdfZOUgTkE-EIlkR6jxip6wKqP4IVkqIXHQ5wrT6I8eZKwQ=s1600

Soon, she was on the road again. This time, she wouldn’t return for many years.

• Like 9
  • chill 1
  • hand 2

On 10/22/2021 at 7:37 AM, UrbanGhost said:

Chapter 1: Start Of Life

BPTCdVP9fdj6P6JldOHCfz8M64moe2NmPcUGDHz4_-0R4yM7cVW3S1SfPN8fENREHNswuvI8i5NTu5MC_1zfUR71RDSTPmti5eZGOIs73VwRgI5HBOBHoiY1NgchjA=s1600

Life isn’t all bubblegum and rainbows.

This is something Urban learned at a very young age. Although she grew up in what appeared to be a loving household, things were never that simple. No, Urban grew up with unrealistic expectations placed on her and being reprimanded if she didn’t live up to those standards.

Her parents, Janet and Adam Madine, were both shrewd and unkind individuals. Since Urban was a young girl, they were pushing her to be perfect. Every time she wasn’t perfect, she earned new bruises and mental scarring. She only got 95 on a test and not 100? Beaten with a belt and left to starve for two days.

Behind closed doors her parents were monsters and no one knew about it except for her. In public they kept up the façade of being the perfect doting parents with the exceptional daughter. Urban could never understand how they managed to act so different between public and private. In her young mind she believed that they really had to love her, right?

Then Urban’s uncle, her father’s brother Michael, started visiting more often. He treated Urban with so much care, Urban didn’t know what to do. Her uncle was always trying to find out about how she was doing, her hobbies. Anything he could ask about, he did. He found it so odd that Urban had no hobbies and no idea what to do for fun. She was 13 after all. She should have some kind of interests.

8hByy5BkTxQB8CHieq3VVqgv1PjEV3-FW0lJsQei0doaiVwa96CM2C_ullpgMl4LaYw_T_Upfd02IgpFirZCfmAyiA4i9xdqJA4LbIv9N6ph8OKBma3bnB_GduXLkg=s1600

So he took Urban hunting. Sometimes they didn’t really see anything worthwhile but when that happened, they resorted to using magpies for target practice. After all, no one liked magpies. Urban was always so happy when she got to go out shooting with her uncle. Feeling the gun in her hand brought her a kind of joy that she couldn’t explain.

But then her parents found out about what they were doing when they went out. Needless to say, they didn’t approve. There was shouting match after shouting match and everything ended with them banning Michael from ever visiting or contacting Urban again. They ripped them apart just when Urban was starting to get happier. 

Things only got worse for her after that. More fighting, more abuse. Then, when Urban was 14, her uncle came to get her.
“I promised you a year ago I’d take care of you. I’m making good on my promise.”
And then they left, Michael moving them both to South Africa. He still left often to deal with lawyers about his taking Urban from her parents. The court did see his side of things, surprisingly. Her parents, however, were still constantly trying to get her back to create their perfect trophy family façade again. 

Urban never went back, though. She spent two years living with her uncle, going to school and finally making her own friends. They kept up their hunting, now moving to big game. They always killed only the animals that were permitted and they never wasted the meat. They enjoyed the sport of tracking and killing the animals but had enough respect to not let their deaths go to waste.

Then, when she was 16, a new court order arrived. Urban was to return to Australia to her parents. She instantly pulled back into her shell, becoming almost robotic, accepting the fact that her life would be hell again. Michael saw this and made his own plan.

Michael went back to Australia, to his brother. He wasn’t really interested in talking to them anymore. He saw what they were doing to his niece even after years of not seeing her. 

“Adam, I will ask you once, and only once. Drop the court order.”
“No. Michael, she’s my daughter so she’s my property. You stole her from me so I’m taking her back.”

That’s how Adam ended up gagged, tied to a chair. His wife was lying dead on the floor, her brain matter covering the wall behind her corpse. Michael stood, wiping the blood from his face, staring at his brother. 

“I told you I would only ask you once. You brought this on yourself.”

He punched Adam once, knocking him out cold. He placed the gun in his brother’s limp hand, maneuvering it and placing it in his brother’s mouth. Then, he pulled the trigger. The bullet erupted through the back of his skull and hit the metal clock behind him, creating sparks which floated down to the carpet below them. It didn’t take long for the carpet to start smoking and eventually catch on fire. 

Michael returned to South Africa that same night; returned to Urban.
“They won’t bother you ever again.”
And Urban never questioned it. She got the news the next morning, knowing what her uncle did for her. She was grateful. The detectives believed it was a murder suicide with an unfortunate end, just as her uncle had planned.

It didn’t take long for her uncle to adopt her. He was, after all, more like a father to her than anyone else in her life. And so life went on. She finished high school and started attending university. She ended up dropping out. Officially it’s because she wanted to travel. In reality it was because her adoptive father’s girlfriend, Anna Hillside, really got on her nerves. She travelled all over the world, her uncle being more than happy to fund the adventure. She did return to South Africa for a short time to attend the wedding and attempt to bond with her new step mother, but it didn’t work out.

AWJkra1zzM0jzN_qJQTS1mcoYNcGENoVUfvrc1rjMukCGl4nNlF7Xn1jsIQ2KA6qAo9pxLUX8PvNZd4wdfZOUgTkE-EIlkR6jxip6wKqP4IVkqIXHQ5wrT6I8eZKwQ=s1600

Soon, she was on the road again. This time, she wouldn’t return for many years.

This is such a good story and really gives some background on Urban. I love all the RP I have with her!

• Like 1