WinstonSamaj

My Suggestion for the Crim Issues

I have been playing the server now for quite a while (over a year) and while that may not seem long I think I might have some idea to make the interactions between criminals and cops more enjoyable for most sides. While I really like the criminal aspects work with Drug labs and territory I think that the selling prices of illegal products (processed drugs) should be more volatile for example ($200 during daylight hours and $650 during night hours) making this aspect more rewarding for criminals and also creating more competition throughout the night. Another fairly simple improvement would be to add more property buildings to the server as these hold the hub of many gangs/illegal groups. Intern this should begin to lead to the growth of bigger gangs which in my opinion is where the server shines the most. I think we need to aim to have 4-5 larger rival groups rather than 10-15 smaller ones as this should help with the Cop/Crim balance than existed when gangs had 30-40 active members. I may be wrong here - While it would be hard to fix, the death or injury of a criminal character is far worse than that of a Cop. What I mean by this is that If a criminal were to die he would lose everything on his person and possibly his car. However Cops are able to get another car, weapon and any equipment free of charge (which I get is realistic) but It almost makes the fear of death irrelevant. - Cop's guns, armour and belongings should be accessable to any person if they're injured. Feel free to give any other Ideas or Critisims, I'm not trying to blame the Cops for any stagnation.

I agree it is hard to fix the whole cops dying and not losing their armor and guns but I'm not sure that it really is realistic to fix that either. If criminals could collect guns and armor off of dead cops then it would cause a huge problem with cop baiting to gain DM rights and ambush them. 

It would hyperinflate the amount of guns and armor out on the streets. IMO there already to more than enough illegal heavy guns out on the streets. 

One thing I don't agree about is the fear of death being irrelevant. The standards for RP are some of the strictest for PD and SD. We have IC and OOC rules that are implemented to cops don't unrealistically handle situations (For example you can't drive into a gang shootout with proper backup etc..).

Also, everything in the inventory of a cop is accessible except for guns and armor and clothing that belongs to the faction load out.

• Like 1

I see what your suggestion is but at the same time while PD and SD may have larger factions in general in population it is important to realize that often times we out numbered when in a situation. Sometimes as much as 5-1.

Again hitting the same point, we are also responsible to respond to other incidents as well, not just the shootouts. It is important to realize that there is IC regulations about priority of calls and incidents thus units are often already busy. But if a shooting starts and has a cop at risk, it makes sense that a ton of officers would approach to try and help.

• bakmeel 1

Police should be charged fees for taking out multiple sets of equipment if they are downed on duty,  or if they make the decision to get in a shoot out and die they should at least lose salary for an hour or so as punishment, Doesn't seem right they are back to the force in 10 min of losing with full gear and load out but crims have to spend 3 - 5  hours cooking to get the equipment back to do the same thing not to mention time in doc if they get caught as well.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dirty Mike said:

Police should be charged fees for taking out multiple sets of equipment if they are downed on duty,  or if they make the decision to get in a shoot out and die they should at least lose salary for an hour or so as punishment, Doesn't seem right they are back to the force in 10 min of losing with full gear and load out but crims have to spend 3 - 5  hours cooking to get the equipment back to do the same thing not to mention time in doc if they get caught as well.

We choose to be law enforcement, and adhere to strick guidelines... and it is rare to see officers get killed and go right back to shift, most stick to mission row for a while filling out some paperwork (yes i mean real paperwork pd completed over 30k pieces of paperwork this year). 
I understand that crime side players feel that PD should have to pay for their gear, and cars, and equipment, but show me a police department in the USA that requires there officers to pay for their own equipment... or even take their own personal firearms on shift with them. We are there as a reactive force to actions of other organizations, we do not start gunfights but respond with like or greater force, it is incredibly rare that officers shoot, let alone shoot first. The only time in 4years of being a cop that I have shot first is when someone pulled out a gun and pointed it at me, when mine was already pointed at them. Often times I dont shoot even in that instance.

32 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

We choose to be law enforcement, and adhere to strick guidelines... and it is rare to see officers get killed and go right back to shift, most stick to mission row for a while filling out some paperwork (yes i mean real paperwork pd completed over 30k pieces of paperwork this year). 
I understand that crime side players feel that PD should have to pay for their gear, and cars, and equipment, but show me a police department in the USA that requires there officers to pay for their own equipment... or even take their own personal firearms on shift with them. We are there as a reactive force to actions of other organizations, we do not start gunfights but respond with like or greater force, it is incredibly rare that officers shoot, let alone shoot first. The only time in 4years of being a cop that I have shot first is when someone pulled out a gun and pointed it at me, when mine was already pointed at them. Often times I dont shoot even in that instance.

You can't reference the real world only when it suits you.

Regardless, in most U.S. Agencies (police departments, military, etc.) employees pay for their own uniforms. There are also many departments where the Officer's themselves are responsible for purchasing (and thus own) their own gear. (This isn't even a controversial or rare occurrence; look up some random PD policies/academy charges and you should find this out quickly)
Show me a Police department in the US that would swarm the same shit-house ghetto locale for the 3rd shooting that day, day after day, and constantly put its officers in needless risk. 
Show me a Police department/officer in the US that would roll up into a situation where they are outnumbered? 

This is an RP server, a break from reality, and the focus should be on balance and fun in lieu of realism. That's why prison sentences are hours and not years. That's why I don't die from malnutrition from eating a diet of 100% tacos and burgers. That's why I have to refuel my car every 5 miles. That's why I can rob the same bank regularly and the bank isn't shut down and/or has no additional measures to enforce security.

Edited by Jleoni
  • Like 1