Victor4

Remove 1000xp and 2 hours robbery rule

6.3.2 Players may NOT rob new players under 1000 XP. It is the ROBBERS responsibility to check a players XP by using
their ID, and then checking the scoreboard using the [ ` ] key and ensuring they have 1000 XP or greater. You also may
NOT rob the same player within two hours.

This rule is one of the most counter-RP I've seen in this server so far.

IMG_20180729_125159.png.4fa73d55bc3719ad7c6e2e7468b96eca.png

This rule looks like an attempt from the developers to avoid new players from leaving (ragequitting) the server because of being robbed. This is an RP server, what were you expecting?

The two hours robbery rule is also a good way to kill RP. After being robbed once I would call the police or leave the area if I see the robbers around. Also, robbers should leave the area to avoid being caught by the police. This is an IC thing. Being stupid ICly has consequences. The two hours rule is currently exploited and makes no sense.

I agree. When you move to a new city IRl, you don't walk around with all your valuables with your middle finger to the world telling people you're new so can't be robbed or you'll move back to your old city.

Also, agree on the 2 hour rule. If the robber wants to be stupid and risk being recognised they should risk the IC consequences. OOC rules shouldn't apply for IC idiocy.

I definitely agree.

Worst comes to worst the 2-hour rob rule still might make sense if it's really needed to be kept since you don't literally wanna be robbed every 1-2 minutes. But the 1000XP rule doesn't make that much of a sense. What kills the RP experience more when you have to stand near a potential victim to rob but you have to spend 10 seconds looking at his XP?

More than that, what if you're forced to be in a situation that you're facing off someone and have to engage whatsoever? With potentially no time to check XP? The RP literally has to stop and the person flexes and rubs it into your face saying he's less than 1K XP and might potentially report you.

For all we know, I've seen less than 1K XP players roaming around with 1K XP+ friends and participating in crimes and robberies. 

It's a dog-eat-dog world.

-1 for removing the 1k XP rule based on personal experience.

The <1000xp rule was invaluable for me when I first started, This server was my first RP experience and I therefore had no idea what to expect. One of the first things I did was buy a Super Diamond with credits. I didn't even know you could lock your vehicle or that it could be chopped. Many times I was approached and a robbery was about to go down but they realised I was new and instead it usually turned into them showing me the ropes. I feel that without this rule I could have been quickly discouraged from continuing to play on the server.

That said, I can definitely understand where you're coming from if you only think about players with previous RP experience in "other cities", they know what to expect. I think it's also important to add how quickly you can get to 1000xp. If I recall correctly, it was during the first day.

I'm on the fence about the 2 hour robbery rule. I think it should be there but 2 hours seems a little excessive. Maybe reduce it to 30 minutes like the NLR rule. 

@Pistol Pete 

The thing is that a robbery is part of the RP. It shouldn't discourage players. When I first joined the server, I got robbed by two thugs. Instead of crying for losing my truck and some money I was like "woah, that was really cool". If you get mad or discouraged in an OOC level for something that happens IC, RP is not for you.

Edit: Also, from that robbery I learned how to put my hands up. It was also my first time responding with /do's. Removing RP on a RP server is descouraging.

Edited by Victor4

4 minutes ago, Victor4 said:

@Pistol Pete 

The thing is that a robbery is part of the RP. It shouldn't discourage players. When I first joined the server, I got robbed by two thugs. Instead of crying for losing my truck and some money I was like "woah, that was really cool". If you get mad or discouraged in an OOC level for something that happens IC, RP is not for you.

Totally agree with that. I'm unable to comment if I would have done that as it didn't happen but I definitely feel like the existence of the rule did ease myself into the world of RP 🙂

2 hours ago, chaoticjoy1 said:

-1 without rules there is chaos.

I agree 110% with these rules. You just sound like someone that wants to take advantage of the inexperienced players coming to the server.

There are rules. In fact, there is the law. Removing RP in a RP server is stupid and makes no sense. And no, I am in the LSPD and I don't have an alt. I don't want to take advantage of the new players. I want this server to be a good RP experience, not a "you can't rob me cause I have 900 xp" simulator. It just makes no sense.

By the way, it looks like you don't really know what RP means.

Edited by Victor4

It's a game. It needs these OOC rules. I understand RP, I also understand this is a game, it's illogical to assume all rules will be IC. The boundaries placed by the 1000xp rule helps new players adjust. Quit trying to change that rule in the name of "RP".

It is necessary for order.

"Removing RP in a RP server is stupid and makes no sense"

Taking OOC/non-rp rules out of a video game server is stupid and makes no sense

Edited by chaoticjoy1

5 hours ago, MusketDeezNuts said:

-1 On removing the exp.

Also on your screenshot @Victor4 he is OOC insulting you. And you can make a report on that. IC insults are fine. OOC channels insults are not okey.

We were discussing about the way this stupid rule works and some situations that can happen with it. That's an example, not an insult lmao

• Like 1