Varakai

Breaking and Entering houses

My suggestion would be for criminals having the ability to use a crowbar, purchased from a store, using it on a house doorway and being able to break into a house. They then have to look for the stashspot that is in the interior to loot items from it.

A way to counteract this would be to purchase an alarm system for houses as an add on extra. If the alarm is tripped by forced entry then the police are notified via the 911 system. You could even buy a silent alarm upgrade, slightly more expensive.

The use of bobby pins could also be a useful implementation for this. In the way that bobby pins take longer to open the door, like trying to pick cars, there is a chance you will fail.

• Upvote 2

It would mean, that houses become meaningless. Everyone would just try to break into players houses all day, so houses would become meaningless to purchase, because of risking every single minute that your 50 000 $ goods might get stolen, even if they are just female clothings and they can't even use them on themselves.

You can already roleplay to break into a players house, by following them and making your demands for the key of the house.

Houses are meant as a safe haven to the players. It's annoying enough, that people try to steal vehicles from you, wherever you go nowadays.

Even more annoying, if there would be no cops around (IRL there would be always be cops on duty, different shifts, etc) and your goods are stolen with no consequences. I would seriously consider quitting the server, making the server just far more criminals versus robbers style and nothing left for civilians to do.

Edited by Com783

-1  As much as I would enjoy breaching every door in grove it is a game after all. And in reality you could simply rely on a hole in the desert with a bag in it to store your stuff but IG you cannot so the ability to store your possessions safely needs to be there.  And as was said above, RP a home invasion and tail the person if you want into their house. 

Edited by Phil McGee

I can't deny that the idea of it does sound fun, but I agree with the -1 posters. It would just be and absolute mess of a server with people constantly breaking into the homes of others. As it stands, and as much as I think this is THE best GTA server going, I find it to be so unrealistic with how almost everyone and their granny is out robbing or up to no good. Rp'ing the situation is way more interesting and fun. Hadn't even thought of it myself.

Okay so then make it the crowbar is super difficult to get somehow. Either can only be imported via warehouses or its extremely expensive to buy. Then make it so that the crowbar is a one time use thing so you can't overuse it.

I'd like to elaborate on my +1 from earlier.

I would love to see this, provided that there was a way for it to be really hard to do so. Like a 1/25 chance of breaking in, each time an alarm goes off and/or police are alerted. Though I do understand this is so difficult because the police would get 100's of calls a night. I'd like to see it, but I don't think it's something that could happen.

On 7/12/2018 at 6:22 AM, Varakai said:

My suggestion would be for criminals having the ability to use a crowbar, purchased from a store, using it on a house doorway and being able to break into a house. They then have to look for the stashspot that is in the interior to loot items from it.

A way to counteract this would be to purchase an alarm system for houses as an add on extra. If the alarm is tripped by forced entry then the police are notified via the 911 system. You could even buy a silent alarm upgrade, slightly more expensive.

The use of bobby pins could also be a useful implementation for this. In the way that bobby pins take longer to open the door, like trying to pick cars, there is a chance you will fail.

i still wanna know how people house raided me when it was locked and keypadded  - i dont know how anyone can technically do it: get through the locked front door, and crack a code to the second locked door - without having keys or knowing the code

if they implemented this crowbar thing like you said that's pretty cool
but no one is tellin' me lolol

Edited by Jimmy DiPetro

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.