Xoogle

Possible changes to cop/crim chases

I'm going to keep this very short and simple since there is not much to explain.

I  disagree very hard with how cop chases are handled on Eclipse. It's not fun as a crim to have 10 cops chasing you all around the map knowing you have a very small chance of losing them as a lot of the police vehicles are just as fast, if not faster, as almost all vehicles in the game.

Introduce "classes" to vehicles, for example: S, A, B, C & D. When there is an A class vehicle running from the cops, cops are not allowed to chase with a vehicle of the S class, etc. This makes it way more fair and results in better/longer chases with more possibility to RP than you fleeing in a Mule getting chased by a super car 15 seconds into the chase just so they can permanently keep eyes on you and never lose you, thus making it near impossible to get away.

Another thing you could introduce is a cap to how many units are allowed to be involved in a call.

TLDR; it's way too easy for cops right now to catch criminals, they have way too many tools and their kit seems overtuned compared to what crims have available. It's not fun at all and demotivates people to go in the crim direction. Think of what will happen if you demotivate people this hard to go to the crim direction, cop's won't have anything to do at all.

Edited by Xoogle

Hello!
Thank-you for your suggestion, i appreciate you taking the time to write it up.
Unfortunately, i disagree with this suggestion and i'll explain why.

If you are roleplaying a criminal, you are taking a huge risk. The biggest being that you could get caught.
The majority of police chases (I'd say maybe 60-70%) are people who either fancy a bit of a chase, or were going to be arrested for a misdemeanour (Minor Offense).

If there is a chase with 7-8, it's usually within good reason.

As i've said before on other threads, i find that most complaints regarding police conduct can be handled of an IC level. If you think that the way the police department handles themselves, I.E They drive recklessly by allowing such a large amount of speeding vehicles chase one car, Contact the relevent authority and log a complaint, contact someone to suggest a change.

I can attest however that there are protocols within the department that attempt to limit issues like this arising, but this is of an IC nature.

I see where you are coming from but I wouldn't adapt it in that way as being a criminal needs to stay unpredictable and thrilling meaning being outnumbered or out powered in some situations is to be expected. But I think the Cops/Crim ratio is way out of align, for every crim there are 4-5 cops. Instead I feel although criminal life should be made more profitable and more lax which should lead to more new players choosing the route.

Last week we have lost 3 warreners, 4 quite slow cars, got into 1 ambush, and lost a ton of BF400 (because criminals jump from mountains as it is very ''RP'') and on my shift alone which has 90 players at a time. So don't tell me how easy it is for officers, just because you are not a good driver, we are not going to lose our skills magicaly. I understand about situation with super cars, it drives me mad myself, I can't stand supers going in one pursuit line with me as it is considered NON-RP by my standards. (just my opinion)

5mumh0.jpg

Edited by Frezas
  • POG 1

I would also disagree.

Imo cop cars are balanced. They are faster than ordinary vehicles but slower than most super cars. The handling is already garbage on police cruisers and they have slow acceleration.

About the super car chasing a mule.

There are IC regulations within the departments that outline when super cars are to be deployed. 

The classes don't really work since police don't just spawn in a pursuit line. If some cops had to back off a pursuit and just let other units who have an "Acceptable cruiser" respond, then there would never be a pursuit to begin with since the crim would be long gone.

I do understand your view on the amount of units allowed to pursue one vehicle, it can be pretty disheartening to be chased by the entire department.