Serthon

Criminal Factions

Hello members of Eclipse!

I’d like to input my opinions on new Criminal Factions, how it would benefit Criminal RP and more.

To begin off with, criminal factions should be separated to two types - Unofficial and Official. An Unofficial Criminal Faction is a faction that is newly created, building up a gang etc. Once they have gained members, and are RPing properly and following server rules as well as setting a good example, they have the chance to become an Official Criminal Faction. This means that they would be able to take turfs, participate in gang wars and start selling contraband. 

My perspective on how they should treat their turfs:

I believe all Official Factions with a turf should mainly be at their turfs, protecting it and making it a location where players can interact with them and purchase contraband. They should be limited to two turfs — this allows other factions to get their hands on turfs and not just let one faction have control over every turf.

4C077F81-2928-4A4D-BF7B-0556789947DA.jpeg.de960f962705e6b06a663d8147ef4f84.jpeg

Visualization of how Grove members are around their turf.

How Official Factions should treat other gangs:

Currently, we got two big gangs allied up and having a huge total sum of criminals allied together. This kills the RP experience for new factions, because they are heavily outnumbered. If the new types get brought in, official factions should usually not be able to become allies, instead just having an agreement to not take hostile actions against each other.

Below are the permissions/privileges for Unofficial Criminal Factions and Official ones.

Unofficial Criminal Faction:

• Have their member count limited to a certain number
  • Are not able to take turfs
  • Are considered a “new gang”, meaning they should start to build up their faction and gain reputation in town and RPing a certain “style” for the faction
  • Do not have access to warehouses (Have to RP with other Official Factions to gain access to weaponry, drugs etc. until they are considered Official)
  • Have to prove themselves worthy for the Official title by following all server rules

Official Criminal Faction:

• Have full access to take turfs, access warehouses etc.
  • Have to follow server rules at all times, or else may get their official tag revoked
  • Unlimited member count
  • Start turf wars/gang wars

Conclusion

If this system gets implemented, Criminal RP quality will rise in my opinion. Gangs will start to value their turfs as well as build up a lore and follow server rules, meaning the RP will be more enjoyable

I am open to any feedback on this suggestion, as everyone will have different opinions regarding this matter etc., and may have a different vision on this.

Thanks for taking the time to read this through.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NoewUH said:

Looks cool buuuuut....

I know, but that is different in a sense where criminals would have to choose a GTA lore criminal faction rather than having their own, plus, that post was made almost a year ago.

1 hour ago, JackD248 said:

So what gang right now would be classed as official?

The top 3 gangs with most numbers (most inactive xD) would they be classed as good role players?

Would carrying an AK/SMG/Shotgun/UZI 24/7 be classed as good roleplay.

This would work if absolute no bias is involved so I will say +1 just “good RP” term can range a vary. I think something more like each crim gang has to have a maximum of “XX” number of admin records in the past 3 months combined. 

+A good kinda RP Model ,just some people class driving phantoms around with AK’s ramming people good RP...

Others May argue it’s not...

I’m not gonna point out names, but some factions do RP properly and some don’t. If the ones that don’t RP properly notice that they aren’t official and can’t get contraband, they will be forced to RP properly if they want a turf, warehouse etc.

Just going to drop this here, just something I brainstormed together. The main problem I see with gangs/illegal factions right now is that there's no limit to how many members a group can recruit. A year ago, we had a Chemical Toilet Gang (Brazilian) with over 300 members. This would technically still be possible. Legal factions? I don't see much of an issue with legal factions, they've got an application system, recruitment process, interviews and they've got so many rules they need to follow, look at PD. You make an application, it can take up to a week to go through the initial stage (Application > Interview) and then another week+ to finally be able to sit through your 4-5 hour academy, only then to be a Cadet for a minimum of 7 days where you practically can't do anything until you've completed your Field Training Program. Then we've got internal walls that restrict officers from accessing fast cars, big cars, big guns, helicopters and so forth. This is why PD, for example, is struggling to get past the 50 member count, while other illegal groups are rising in numbers. If they had the same standards, it'd be more balanced and we'd have more quality RP interaction between officers & criminals.

Now if you're a new player, would you rather join an illegal group and get a gun on day-1 or sit through this lengthy recruitment process & internal process of the Police Department or any other legal faction? PD specifically does this to educate our members and to uphold them to high standards, while yes, there are incidents where officers also break rules but it's significantly less (look at reports and appeals, compare them.) Members of legal factions that break rules get punished by the same guidelines as anyone else.

Point is, to improve the general quality of RP, something like this does need to happen, it can't only be one side.

GANG SUGGESTION FROM LEWIS AND OSBORN:

Make people start unofficial gangs
During the unofficial period, the gang is expected to create RP and show that they're willing to RP a backstory, have character development in the gang etc. This can be proven by members posting pictures on their gang thread which shows RP (a very smart & efficient way). Unofficial gangs get no specific gang scripting or access to the turf system. They'll make use of whatever features are available to civilians. Unofficial gangs can't participate in turf wars with official gangs.

Becoming Official
Either
A) After x period, admins assigned to oversee illegal factions can grant the gang/illegal faction owner the permission to apply for official status.
B) After x period, admins assigned to oversee illegal factions can decide whether a gang/illegal faction can qualify for official status.

Tier System
While official, have a tier system (i.e. tier 1 to 4.). Each tier comes with a different member count. (brainstorming, could be completely different)

Tier 1 - 20 members.
Tier 2 - 30 members.
Tier 3 - 40 members.
Tier 4 - 50 members.

Progressing in Tiers
Gangs can progress in a tier by showing good RP and by following server rules. Create consequences for members being repeatedly being punished for breaking server rules, or high ranking members getting punished for breaking server rules, such as - a downgrade of a tier, or removed from official status.

How do we (Staff) monitor unofficial gangs and them participating in turfs to assist an official gang or just to mess around?
Essentially it's like any other rule, players will have to document evidence and report players that they feel are in violation of rules if admins don’t witness it in action. If official gangs intentionally make use of unofficial gangs to help them in turf wars, then more severe consequences can be handed to them i.e. immediate tier removal.

How would tier removals work if the lower tier exceeds their current members?
Add a 24-hour time limit for gang leaders to manually remove members or have the script remove the last 10 members that joined.

Why this system?
A gang/illegal faction system that has unofficial and official gangs/factions make the groups value what they have and generally makes sure that there's a better RP environment in the criminal world. This also allows for more illegal factions/gangs being created and to challenge each other. If I was a new player and joined with a group of friends, let's say 8 friends, and we wanted to start a street gang and participate in the current activities, what are the odds we're going to have any fun with current criminal RP? If a system like this is implemented, I (Osborn) and Lewis would fully support criminals being able to make more money, balance reward/risk better than it currently is. 

What is a gang/illegal faction RP thread?
A gang/illegal faction thread would be a thread where members of a group can share their group's development by posting screenshots or videos of role-play scenarios that they're involved in as a gang. I.e. Robbing a rival gang member? Take pictures/videos of the incident and share it on the forums so that not only gang management can see your performance, but also see that tension is building up between two or more groups which could build up and become a reason for "war" in the future. This is also something that I'd recommend for legal factions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, FatherOsbornHD said:

Just going to drop this here, just something I brainstormed together. The main problem I see with gangs/illegal factions right now is that there's no limit to how many members a group can recruit. A year ago, we had a Chemical Toilet Gang (Brazilian) with over 300 members. This would technically still be possible. Legal factions? I don't see much of an issue with legal factions, they've got an application system, recruitment process, interviews and they've got so many rules they need to follow, look at PD. You make an application, it can take up to a week to go through the initial stage (Application > Interview) and then another week+ to finally be able to sit through your 4-5 hour academy, only then to be a Cadet for a minimum of 7 days where you practically can't do anything until you've completed your Field Training Program. Then we've got internal walls that restrict officers from accessing fast cars, big cars, big guns, helicopters and so forth. This is why PD, for example, is struggling to get past the 50 member count, while other illegal groups are rising in numbers. If they had the same standards, it'd be more balanced and we'd have more quality RP interaction between officers & criminals.

Now if you're a new player, would you rather join an illegal group and get a gun on day-1 or sit through this lengthy recruitment process & internal process of the Police Department or any other legal faction? PD specifically does this to educate our members and to uphold them to high standards, while yes, there are incidents where officers also break rules but it's significantly less (look at reports and appeals, compare them.) Members of legal factions that break rules get punished by the same guidelines as anyone else.

Point is, to improve the general quality of RP, something like this does need to happen, it can't only be one side.

GANG SUGGESTION FROM LEWIS AND OSBORN:

Looks good!

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.