Harley

Counterfeit Money Forgery Script

I like think its a great idea but have a suggestion for improvement,  I dont think having another form of afk grinding for crims is what the server needs, What if we adopted the old form of the static drug labs for making cash, Pick 3 or 4 locations that would make sense on the map (ex abandoned warehouses, shacks out in the country,) have the materials for producing fake cash spawn and the tables to make the cash on site, so instead of 7 people afk'ing in their apartment to make packed cash,  you could hold down the counterfeit facility with your gang

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Dirty Mike said:

I like think its a great idea but have a suggestion for improvement,  I dont think having another form of afk grinding for crims is what the server needs, What if we adopted the old form of the static drug labs for making cash, Pick 3 or 4 locations that would make sense on the map (ex abandoned warehouses, shacks out in the country,) have the materials for producing fake cash spawn and the tables to make the cash on site, so instead of 7 people afk'ing in their apartment to make packed cash,  you could hold down the counterfeit facility with your gang

I 100% agree with you, great suggestion. It would bring some great roleplay opportunities and possible conflicts trying to hold down these facilities.

+1

Tis a good idea, could be another reason to buy a business, have an actual legitimate business in the front, and in the back have some printers and such. Could balance it and make it like 2.5k an hour or such nothing to expensive so its not broken but you know what I mean. You could also have different qualities of counterfeit higher quality money sells for more and so on.

Edited by AnakinB
additional thoughts
  • Like 1

While the idea is epic, we're missing two big things here:

#1 What's the risk - Would the tables explode like drug tables?  It doesn't make sense for them to smoke or explode like drug tables would, and I'm struggling to find a real risk to the activity.  Maybe it would be in material acquisition rather than in production, but I'm not sure how that would work either.  I would love to see ideas for how this activity can provide Crim <-> Crim tensions and Crim <-> LEO tensions.

#2 Promoting Group RP - I'm aware we all groaned at losing apartment labs, but this promoted either large scale gang cooking in warehouses, or small scale cooking at the static labs, both of which create RP scenarios.  How would making counterfeit money be "fun" mechanically and promote criminal RP interactions.  The last thing the server needs to encourage holing up in apartments doing an activity alone, which is what this idea currently is. 

My suggestion to this would to use some of the smaller fleeca banks and be able to literally "print money" by holding up the whole bank.  You would have to bolt-cut your way into facility, and start up the machines, with the quick time actions.  The machines could provide some sort of "smoke" mechanic to show that it's active, and any failed quick time action would sound an alarm that would alert LEO's through 911.  These could provide static criminal sites in the city, rather than just the four labs up north.

ICly we already have GF12 Forgery or Counterfeiting that could easily be applied to this activity, so I don't foresee the need for massive penal code changes.

+1
Would be nice if you had to buy the paper and ink from something similar to humane like how cooking works. Then have to import stuff like a "Money Printer" and buy from a repair man or something similar a "Paper Cutter". Similar also to the new chop shops that take multiple machines and items to buy that complete the process. 

• Like 1