XeV

My Issues with Eclipse

NOTE by my title that I am not here to make a hate thread or anything I just wanna share a certain topic that really bothers me. So I started playing about 2 years ago when I first got on the server it was awful I mean gangs ran EVERYTHING cops did not have a chance if you did not have a group of 10+ or higher this server was UNPLAYABLE now fast forward to like a week ago when I returned after about a 3 month hiatus and in my opinion some of the changes made are FUCKING PERFECT and really make me feel good about the team behind this project. As for my main concern its the fact that if u commit a certain crime your fucked forever there is no redemption. Your life on that character is essentially in the eyes of the way its run is your a criminal and grouped with other criminals that commit more serious crime in just one big bubble and that's it, any hope of obtaining a firearms license GONE wanna character develop into maybe ems or pd GONE, now by certain crime I mean something minor we are not talking like murder or rape or terrorism its just seems like if you fuck up and get a charge minor you might as well just go full criminal in the city as you career is over and u have no chance for redemption. Main gripe is that I got accessory to grand theft auto on March 30th,2020 almost 2 years ago completely clean sense then and its getting to the point where I'm trying to make a redemption arc I guess you would say but what's the point?  I'm better off going full full criminal and just making a new character whos straight edge and I do not want to do that as having multiple characters is just not in my timeframe. I am just saying if someone commits a minor crime and does not do anything like get a ticket for reckless driving or even interact with a cop in like a YEAR and a half is their absolutely no amount of leniency for this stuff? its just like if you fuck up and you are at the wrong place at the wrong time with some friends its over for life and as soon as you get jail time or a serious misdemeanor might as well just say fuck the highroad and get as dirty as you can every chance you get. As I said that is my only gripe with the server and I do not mean it to be a hate thread or anything I personally want to make eclipse rp my home for as long as the server stays up just sucks that something I did as a newbie on accident with some friends fucks me forever. (I got in a stolen car with a friend that I did not know he stole at the time, he had been the main guy to invite us all to eclipse as he had been here for awhile so I assumed he owned the car, we get pulled over it comes back stolen he get arrested and I get accessory to grand theft auto) which at the time I was like whatever I take the punishment its fine I guess. Had I known it was a serious misdemeanor and fucked you forever I would have started a new character right then and there or tried to dispute it. Just wanted to babyrage a little bit and see what comes of it maybe ill learn new information I did not know about or get some help on what to do instead of just "oh just create a new character" I am just to well established to start all over now.

• dead 3

That isn't a server thing at all, that's entirely up to the player base to make those policies. The server doesn't decide faction policies, the faction does. If you want to motion for change, do it to the people in charge. Also, if you've really been clean for 2 years now, look into Form C on the government website.

• Confused 1

To start off, its been almost 1 year, not 2. Secondly, I do not understand why people think that having a gun license is somehow essential for your character development. It is not. From what ive seen on the server, having a gun is gonna be the reason you get shot/robbed 9 times out of 10. Thirdly, GTA does not even disqualify you from Form B, and if you have stayed clean for so long, you should have absolutely no issues. And lastly, you can apply for any faction with just that charge, provided you explain yourself in a reasonable way and have not been committing other crimes.

So no, you do not need to just make a new character, just spend some time learning about the different processes within each faction.

6 hours ago, undead_vex said:

Had I known it was a serious misdemeanor and fucked you forever I would have started a new character right then and there or tried to dispute it.

My main character got 2x General Misdemeanors in my first days playing on the server over something silly, like a week or two later I joined DOC, where I am today. They had similar policies to the other factions mentioned. Here I am still there over a year later as one of the people leading the faction, all it took was a bit of explanation in my application and interview and it was pretty much overlooked.

If you get a felony on the other hand I don't think it's unreasonable to not allow someone with a felony into the likes of PD/SD/DOC. There's plenty of other factions such as mechanics, taxi service, news agency and EMS that allow ex-felons so it's not like there's a lack of options for people who want to go down the route if they stay clean long enough. I know plenty of characters that only needed to stay clean from very serious felonies for a few weeks and can get work in a faction. And I'm talking like very extensive charges of kidnapping, multiple accounts of murder etc. So compared to them, your assisting a GTA or whatever it was is childs play and shouldn't hold you back.

I just don't see how this is an issue personally.

Edited by DrPathetic

like I said obviously I mean no hate and its reassuring to know that stuff can be looked over if explained and understood well, I typed this out of anger after talking with a lot of people from inside the server that told me some very demotivating things from their standing and I can see now I should have done more research then I did before going all "I am angry and here's why" and for that I apologize by the way I sounded. Got my sultan RS stolen right in front me 3 times yesterday so I was pretty upset should have cooled down a little, Sorry

18 hours ago, jason said:

That isn't a server thing at all, that's entirely up to the player base to make those policies. The server doesn't decide faction policies, the faction does. If you want to motion for change, do it to the people in charge. Also, if you've really been clean for 2 years now, look into Form C on the government website.

this is what I wanted from this I thought the factions had to follow a very specific guideline to get approved now that I know its more like a person v person interaction I feel better

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

To start off, its been almost 1 year, not 2. Secondly, I do not understand why people think that having a gun license is somehow essential for your character development. It is not. From what ive seen on the server, having a gun is gonna be the reason you get shot/robbed 9 times out of 10. Thirdly, GTA does not even disqualify you from Form B, and if you have stayed clean for so long, you should have absolutely no issues. And lastly, you can apply for any faction with just that charge, provided you explain yourself in a reasonable way and have not been committing other crimes.

So no, you do not need to just make a new character, just spend some time learning about the different processes within each faction.

not character development, but just not having a gun at all also puts you at risk you do not win either way in any scenario at least with a gun you stand a chance if played out correctly. And thank you you are absolutely correct I need to spend more time researching the processes within the factions i am interested in. Thank you for your awesome feedback!

If you feel that something about firearms licensing can be better then you should talk to the right person about it IC. Its run by players so theres nothing really preventing you. Everything you need to know about it can be found out IG and on the gov. forums.

If you really want to try new RP that your character isn't eligible for then making a new character is always an option. My first character didn't turn out how I wanted to so I started over. Its not the end of the world. If you want to bring some of your stuff over then make a transfer request easy as that.

Felonies are no joke in real life. There are many limitations that a person with a felony have, such as employment, housing, voting, certain occupational licenses, federal assistance, and of course obtaining guns legally! They can't just be erased with time either, they stay with you for life. Honestly, if it were more like real life, it would be much harder for criminals.

• Like 3

Edit after awhile, basically everything everyone commented was true and VERY informative in this time I ended up getting a job at LSC and getting up to Junior Mechanic and making like 50+ new friends and basically having a family inside LSC, created a 2nd character got into a gang and built it into something great before it came crumbling down do to issues IC, and now said 2nd character has become my main character as I got all the way up to Pending Academy in SADOC and Trainee at LSC. Eclipse is and probably will be my GTA RP home forever. Little bugs here and there but this server is worth it for the friends you can make along the way.

• Like 3
  • hand 1

This happened to me tonight. While doing a money drop somebody stole my truck leaving me with a money bag in hand. The ATM would not let me service it without the truck there. There were two cops in the parking lot and I ran up to them to report the stolen truck. They told me to call 911 but the glitch would also not let me use my phone. I could not quit the job as the truck has to be back at depot. I rp that with the cop who messages me to file a /report 2.  Then suddenly my character goes down and I am notified I am injured. I ask the cops to call medic for me and they refuse and get verbally abusive with me. So I smacked one of the coos with the damn bag a couple of times hoping he would then arrest me and take me the hospital. Then the admin comes on and I tell her/him whats going on and they had to delete my truck at which point I could then quit my job and the bag would disappear. Unfortunately the cop insisted on following through with the arrest and I got 30 days. I just had applied for my gun license three days ago I thought I had a right to a trial but found out the hard way that this really aint the USA.