Austine Post

Make Eclipse Fun Again

Not trying to be toxic in anyway possible! Simply stating my opinions and just what I think should happen!

Introduction

Austine Banks here just wanting to say that I've been playing the last I would say 4 or 5 months and I can't exactly say I completely agree with everything you guys (staff) have done the past few months and it in my opinion has made the server not what it used to be. I would just like to introduce some ideas and believes that I think would help make the server better and hopefully make it a little like what it used to be cause it just isn't the same. I've tried to ask a lot of peoples opinion on what they believe would help make the server better and what would in general make it a better experience.

Ideas

Pier - The pier used to be the hot spot of the server and everyone would go there to hang and just in general be social. Its one of the main ways that a lot of people met others and even do business on the pier. Now at some hours the pier is completely dead and even during the busiest hours there is barely anyone there. It is fair to say that ever since the police started towing cars, forcing people to pay for parking, and now put a speeding camera of 50 MPH which is just ridiculous cause it causes majority of the people to get tickets who even go there. It has just caused people not wanting to go there anymore cause the police just had to interfere with people having fun.

Jobs - Another topic that I hear from a lot of people is the fact that the jobs just simply do not pay enough. It is quite the crazy grind to earn money in this to try and buy anything that's actually expensive. Even attempting to cook drugs is very time consuming and you really make no money unless you have a ton of tables and actually make it worth while. Even though there was just the coroner job added I believe we could use more jobs like maybe a restaurant (cooks, waitresses, or managers), Strip club (Bartender, Strippers, or Hosts), Lifeguards, or which I believe is coming soon but Lawyers would be fantastic.

PD - At this point if anyone attempts to run then we will have police cruisers, helicopter, super car, Hakuchou's, and Kamacho's all on us at any moment which makes it extremely hard to even get away from the police nowadays when back in the day it actually used to be possible and actually be a fun thing to attempt to do and now it seems like there really is no point in even trying. So maybe if we could just calm down on the insane vehicles and the insane body armor it would actually make it reasonable to fight back against the cops.

Criminals - I already discussed the whole PD is overpowered thing and we really can't do anything back to them unless there is a ton of numbers also I discussed the whole drugs cooking thing where you really make no money unless you have a good amount of tables and ventilators to even make money and make it worth while. The whole non joint freqs thing is extremely dumb in my opinion and should just go back to the way it was cause alliances should be aloud to help and communicate with each other.

Recent Events - Another thing that I believe the staff should correct is the giant messed that they caused in recent events that caused 2 of the biggest gangs to disband and tons of people leaving. Now it seems that people have began to retaliate and break rules to maybe open your eyes a little bit and maybe correct what you did and give them a second chance. You've now began to ban other people for what other people do cause they didn't snitch on there friends to you which in my opinion just is dumb and one of the dumbest reasons to banning these people who have put a lot of time and dedication to this server. In my opinion instead of banning all the people that brought lots of good RP, dedication to their gangs and friends, and people who actually spent money on this server should be granted a second chance for their wrong doings for what you had caused for the whole National Guard godmode thing.

Conclusion

It seems to me the recent changes and events has made it turn into mainly a PD Roleplay server cause how overpowered they are and pretty much they always win no matter what. If they feel threatened that they don't have complete control then they'll call in the "National Guard", if you attempt to run then they have all the best vehicles to beat you, if you attempt to kill the police then there body armor is extremely powerful and makes it super hard to kill them, and also they make pretty good money on another note. I would love to see the pier go back to what it once was and people could actually go there to hang again and not be annoyed about paying for a parking ticket and getting their vehicles towed or having to worry about a speed camera. These are both my opinions and others cause I've been going around asking them on what they think should happen. I would also love to hear other peoples opinions and specifically on the staffs opinions on some of these changes that could potentially just make everyone's experiences better.

• Like 6

The speed camera on the pier was need because people were flying 200 down the pier and this was a way to get people to stop.

Scripted jobs pay the same as starting wages for all gov factions. Just you have to work for it a little more then being on duty. 

Pd is very reactive. We only have supers and bikes like the bf400 is due to the fact that almost every crim has it. We also loose cars all the time. Note we lost a city bee last night. So you can get away if you know how to drive. 

Crims dont need to worry about PD. They should focus on there roleplay more then shooting at cops or running. 

Everything in recent events has been dealt with by upper staff. Also gang come and go all the time. The only reason Aztecas and LFM were considered big is due to them both being around 40 members. And being in a large alliance that gave them insane power. 

• NAY 2

2 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

Most scripted jobs actually pay towards the top if not more, than any faction job.

As an ex-member of high command of three seperate government related factions and having done multiple regular jobs such as fishing, money transport, bus driver and postal courier, I can confirm this. With a "healthy" approach, such as taking a 10-minute break to grab a drink or something, I'd say you're looking at about $6,000 an hour, which is supervisor payment at faction jobs.

Pier:

I haven't been to the Pier in a long time. None of my RP accross 2 characters ever requires going there, and every time I went there it was just a mess of shootouts and people simping. What I do see is more groups of people spread out everywhere else. All of the toll booths have players at them and the whole city (and map) feels much more alive. This is a lot better than having 100 people standing at pier fishing.

Jobs:

I mean there has been new changes to Paleto to push more jobs up there as well as the bus and garbage job getting buffs. Working at either of those can easily get you 8k+ per hour, which is more than government jobs. I do think buffs to other jobs would be good, for an overall balance.

PD:

Don't expect to fight PD and win. Sure take take on one cop to save a friend, but other than that you will probably lose (and as a criminal I agree with that for realism). As for chases, they can be tough but if you are a good driver and utilize the environment correctly you can get away. Again it's not realistic to have big shootouts vs cops, or for criminals to evade so easily.

Criminals: 

The rule changes to freq's was a good thing IMO. It made gangs focus on their own RP and not just have mass alliances for no reason. Conflicts meant a lot more, and events with other gangs also mattered a lot more.  Gangs can't just sit on giant freqs anymore, instead need to set up RP events with other gangs. Drug cooking could use a small buff. I'm still hoping for ATM robberies too! Gangs can focus now on RP instead of setting up on 80 man freqs waiting for a fight.

Recent Events:

There was a group of people were upset that this RP server wasn't designed specifically for them and all of their needs. I don't know about you, but the server has been a lot more fun recently. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

Scripted jobs pay the same as starting wages for all gov factions. Just you have to work for it a little more then being on duty. 

I think scripted jobs actually pay way more than GOV factions. Have you tried the Paleto Bus Route? You make so much! I mean sure it isn't as social, but the fact that you could make more as a bus driver than a cop or a medic...

4 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

The speed camera on the pier was need because people were flying 200 down the pier and this was a way to get people to stop.

Pd is very reactive. We only have supers and bikes like the bf400 is due to the fact that almost every crim has it. We also loose cars all the time. Note we lost a city bee last night. So you can get away if you know how to drive. 

Crims dont need to worry about PD. They should focus on there roleplay more then shooting at cops or running. 

Everything in recent events has been dealt with by upper staff. Also gang come and go all the time. The only reason Aztecas and LFM were considered big is due to them both being around 40 members. And being in a large alliance that gave them insane power. 

Okay sure first point with the camera lets say even making it 80 would be fine cause we are used to that from going onto the streets to the pier why have it 50? Its ridiculous for people getting speeding tickets all the time for this. To me in my opinion it was just a unnecessary change that again has made the pier not as fun and just another reason for the PD to stick their nose in where it doesn't need to be and you also ignored the whole paying to park and towing thing which again in my opinion should be removed.

Alrighty the jobs thing my point along that is that there should simply be more options and maybe just up the pay for the jobs. Sure a few select ones make the same or a little more than the starting government faction but make it more options cause it really gets boring doing the same thing over and over again on fishing and driving a bus around.

So I get why you would say this being a cop yourself and losing the OP vehicles wouldn't be as fun for you guys to again win like always but sure we can use the excuse as "Maybe if they are good drivers then they should be able to get away" Majority of the times when you the police call for backup and you do have all those vehicles on you from my example you have to drive perfect and have absolutely zero mistakes cause you can't get away from the super car or some can't even get away from Hakuchou's , then you have the helicopter watching up above, and then you'll have the BF400 and Kamachos chasing you in the hills. 

Then your point about Crims don't need to worry about PD is just simply dumb in my opinion cause we are literally criminals you have to worry and think about the cops at pretty much at all points doing anything. Then with being a crim at this point in the server all crims do think its just that they are simply going to lose at any point even attempting to do anything to the cops. Even in real life Criminals think about the cops all the time cause they could get arrested at any moment so I don't really understand this point.

Sure gangs come and go all the time. I completely agree by that but they shouldn't be forcefully forced out by the server the way it happened and you should've just let it run its course. As you said yourself gangs come and go and they literally could've just alliance to fight the people they were fighting and that would've been the end of it or they could've ended up disagreeing with each other and started fighting each. You simply never know cause the unbeatable National Guard came in and had destroyed everyone cause once again the PD always has to win. In my opinion they should be given a 2nd chance by the upper staff cause this is basically what they have caused and they should see that by the people actually retaliating the server to maybe make them see what they caused. I'm obviously in no place of command to make this happen but its just my opinion and would like to see it cause it was a lot of good people and dedicated people. At this point its probably to late and the damage is done but you never know if they were to get unbanned and invited back into the server, they could all figure out their own things again and have a even bigger playerbase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fumkop1 said:

I see a lot of problems that you summarize, but what are your solutions to these problems?

I think with the whole PD situation they can simply say they don't have the funding like they used to. That could get rid of at least the Hakuchou's, Kamacho's, and super car then they would still have the armored SWAT truck, the different police cruisers, the BF400's to go offroad on, the helicopters, and if they really want just do a police motorcycle. The options they still would have to do just the job and still catch tons of people while catching people offroad with the BF400's and use the helicopter for it. This would also be the solution for the speed camera and paying to park on the pier cause they simply don't have the funding for it and it's just a unnecessary charge to them.

Jobs would obviously be up to the staff to handle that was just a idea for people to succeed more on the server and not get so bored cause they have to do the same couple of jobs that pay decent. Maybe make it more wider of a range and just add more options to the jobs so people aren't bored all the time and they can do multiple jobs.

With the crim life point I made it simply should go with criminals beings criminals, let them be and should just be aloud to use joint freqs cause it makes no since otherwise. It was a much better way to communicate and just make things go over more easy. The whole getting in trouble for even being on joint freqs is ridiculous and I can't believe people can be punished for this cause it's literally a radio you can buy at a gas station you should be able to use it however you want to.

With the recent events thing there is simply nothing I can help with that but maybe upper staff will maybe one day think about it and unban the nice people who brought a lot to this server and maybe just give them another chance.

1 hour ago, freshprinceIE said:

Pier:

I haven't been to the Pier in a long time. None of my RP accross 2 characters ever requires going there, and every time I went there it was just a mess of shootouts and people simping. What I do see is more groups of people spread out everywhere else. All of the toll booths have players at them and the whole city (and map) feels much more alive. This is a lot better than having 100 people standing at pier fishing.

Jobs:

I mean there has been new changes to Paleto to push more jobs up there as well as the bus and garbage job getting buffs. Working at either of those can easily get you 8k+ per hour, which is more than government jobs. I do think buffs to other jobs would be good, for an overall balance.

PD:

Don't expect to fight PD and win. Sure take take on one cop to save a friend, but other than that you will probably lose (and as a criminal I agree with that for realism). As for chases, they can be tough but if you are a good driver and utilize the environment correctly you can get away. Again it's not realistic to have big shootouts vs cops, or for criminals to evade so easily.

Criminals: 

The rule changes to freq's was a good thing IMO. It made gangs focus on their own RP and not just have mass alliances for no reason. Conflicts meant a lot more, and events with other gangs also mattered a lot more.  Gangs can't just sit on giant freqs anymore, instead need to set up RP events with other gangs. Drug cooking could use a small buff. I'm still hoping for ATM robberies too! Gangs can focus now on RP instead of setting up on 80 man freqs waiting for a fight.

Recent Events:

There was a group of people were upset that this RP server wasn't designed specifically for them and all of their needs. I don't know about you, but the server has been a lot more fun recently. 

With your pier point its hard to agree with you cause the fact that you said you weren't really there. The pier at its peak was probably the best experiences I even had on the server cause it was chaos which gave the cops something to do all the time and more action. Shootouts wasn't all that often but it did happen on occasion which I guess is something you can't really prevent anywhere. It was nice to have a place on the server where you would know that everyone would be there simply fishing and having a wonderful time cause everyone would be talking to each other, meeting new people, and just all interacting with each other. During this I also still went out and saw people everywhere so the point of saying the city is more alive just isn't very true to me because there still was the people standing at tolls, the crazy New Players flying around in the money trucks, the tons of people doing oil mining, and the multiple farmers over near paleto farming their life away.

With your job point I agree with what you said and I think you did a good summary on what I was trying to say! Just make it more of a wider range and maybe add some more jobs so people aren't bored all the time!

With the PD point no one is simply expecting to fight all of PD and win that just crazy. You still should be able to kill a couple and actually be able to fight back somewhat cause the PD has really quite the advantage against anyone's who is a crim. I keep seeing the excuse that if your a "good driver" you should be able to get away, anyone can literally be in any chase and once the vehicles from the example I used are called on you its extremely hard for even the best drivers to get away cause when the super car is chasing you its just too fast, try to use the mountains well now you have the BF400's and Kamacho's chasing you while the helicopter is watching. It's just a little much and could definitely chill with all the vehicles that they have and shorten the range to just the normal ones cause they still would easily be able to get a majority of the people.

With the criminals point it has just made it a unnecessary struggle for gangs to communicate with back and forth especially when you are a alliance and having to constantly text and call each other is just annoying. This is simply a radio you can buy from a gas station and we should be able to use it how we want to with our friendly gangs. People still had the meetings when joint freqs were a thing and still did stuff the way they do it now just makes it more annoying having to constantly call when we could be on freqs together. I agree with the drug cooking it really needs a buff cause you need to invest a lot to even make it worth while. Also ATM robberies would be amazing I love this idea and would hope this is a thing in the future cause it could be the same way as the bank with having to open it with something and grab the money so great idea with that one.

With the recent events point you made is kinda weird cause to me at this point the server seems specifically designed for the Police Department and the Government cause they pretty much have to win at everything. We the criminals would just like it to be a little more fair cause its already hard enough to try and grind to make money and constantly die from shootouts or always going to prison and getting hit with big fines. Saying that they were mad cause it's not designed specifically for them is simply not true and they were mad cause just how it was handled and how they literally had no chance to win at all. To say the "server has been a lot more fun recently" also is a little rude to say cause a lot of those people from the gangs were very good people and brought a lot of good RP to the server. You probably didn't hang out with much of them but they really were quite dedicated individuals and worked hard to get where they were just to be shut down cause they had gotten to strong or something.

1 hour ago, Austine Post said:

Okay sure first point with the camera lets say even making it 80 would be fine cause we are used to that from going onto the streets to the pier why have it 50? Its ridiculous for people getting speeding tickets all the time for this. To me in my opinion it was just a unnecessary change that again has made the pier not as fun and just another reason for the PD to stick their nose in where it doesn't need to be and you also ignored the whole paying to park and towing thing which again in my opinion should be removed.

If youre not happy with the pier, reach out to the government. Not only is this an IC issue, but PD has nothing to do with this.

• Like 1

Stop bringing up the NG thing. As that has been dealt with and it does not progress your point. 

The only reason PD/SD has suppers is to counter the amount of crims with them. Only out of 150+ people in pd. Only like 20 can drive them. BF400 was to help counter act the change for driving up hills. Those were acquired icly. 

More jobs are always nice. But there are currently 3 devs. They work there ass off on the server. Delvoping working things takes a lot of time.

People complained about speed cameras at the bank. Yet people would still sit there for hours talking with each other. Its an ooc thing to counter a large ic issue. 

Joint freqs should not be allowed in the current climate of the server. Would you risk dying for a gang that is no where close to the one you are lore wise? Would you die for someone you do not know? Would you risk your life for that? Hopefully they will come back one day. But I do not see it happening in a long time.

Hey, Michael here. I agree with alot of @Austine Post, not all, because I think ECRP has a solid system in place and i like many of the admins but some of the admins seem to be part of this tight knit group, and comes off as if they just trying to create the world in which their friends succeed. If someone makes a mistake and they arent part of that group they get perma banned with NO 2nd chances. Even those who used a cheat should be given a 2nd chance based off how many times they used it, what they used it for.... someone could have one single lapse in judgment over a 6 month period of being on the server and they get no second chance? Thats just not right IMO,  i know of 3 players who were some of the best RPers on the server and they cant come back because they made one mistake, because they kept getting killed by hacker/ban evaders and had enough. They ended up getting caught and banned no questions asked. Have they tried to ban evade no... bc the hope of someday the admins may let them back in. Those are the ppl who deserve second chances. Thats alot of time and money wasted. My solution: You need to have some sort of gray area in the cheat rule. Ban ppl who get caught their first time for a month and if they do it again perma ban. I think sometimes admins forget this is game. A game ppl play for fun to get away from real life for a bit. It's not real life. Games are supposed to be fun. I use to love ECRP, but the player base is dwindling quick. Server is always empty (i dont care what the RAGEMP server list says, thats a bunch of BS, says there 400 ppl online and I see 2 people the whole 5 hours i played the other day.)

• YAY 1

2 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

Stop bringing up the NG thing. As that has been dealt with and it does not progress your point. 

The only reason PD/SD has suppers is to counter the amount of crims with them. Only out of 150+ people in pd. Only like 20 can drive them. BF400 was to help counter act the change for driving up hills. Those were acquired icly. 

More jobs are always nice. But there are currently 3 devs. They work there ass off on the server. Delvoping working things takes a lot of time.

People complained about speed cameras at the bank. Yet people would still sit there for hours talking with each other. Its an ooc thing to counter a large ic issue. 

Joint freqs should not be allowed in the current climate of the server. Would you risk dying for a gang that is no where close to the one you are lore wise? Would you die for someone you do not know? Would you risk your life for that? Hopefully they will come back one day. But I do not see it happening in a long time.

NG thing is part of my point and I will continue to bring it up to people cause it was pathetic the way it was handled and it's unbelievable the way staff treated these good people cause they were "too strong".

Yeah makes sense with the suppers when they are chasing me with a super for driving around a Raiden in a chase lol not a super car and yet they still are called all the time and lets be real here its because you can catch absolutely everyone even if only 20 can drive them. I don't disagree with the BF400's cause yes those can be used for the offroad purposes and those should be deployed when it goes offroad. As I said in the previous post it should just be the Police Cruisers, Helicopters, BF400's, and the big armored SWAT truck.

Obviously the more jobs would take time and I'm not saying this should happen instantly I'm simply stating some ideas so no reason to get mad about it. The Devs obviously have a lot on there table and they are trying their best and honestly doing a good job coming out with updates fixing stuff!

I would say the bank and the pier are very different locations cause thats literally on one of the main roads that consist of I believe 3 cameras and I've never heard one person complain about those camers. I've also never seen people talk at the bank for hours but what do I know.

I won't go into the Joint freqs since it seems your pretty set on your opinion of saying they should not be aloud but lets refer to real life wars and people alliance. They literally go fight for people they don't know and will die for them so that point is simply dumb.

25 minutes ago, jimmyusa said:

Hey, Michael here. I agree with alot of @Austine Post, not all, because I think ECRP has a solid system in place and i like many of the admins but some of the admins seem to be part of this tight knit group, and comes off as if they just trying to create the world in which their friends succeed. If someone makes a mistake and they arent part of that group they get perma banned with NO 2nd chances. Even those who used a cheat should be given a 2nd chance based off how many times they used it, what they used it for.... someone could have one single lapse in judgment over a 6 month period of being on the server and they get no second chance? Thats just not right IMO,  i know of 3 players who were some of the best RPers on the server and they cant come back because they made one mistake, because they kept getting killed by hacker/ban evaders and had enough. They ended up getting caught and banned no questions asked. Have they tried to ban evade no... bc the hope of someday the admins may let them back in. Those are the ppl who deserve second chances. Thats alot of time and money wasted. My solution: You need to have some sort of gray area in the cheat rule. Ban ppl who get caught their first time for a month and if they do it again perma ban. I think sometimes admins forget this is game. A game ppl play for fun to get away from real life for a bit. It's not real life. Games are supposed to be fun. I use to love ECRP, but the player base is dwindling quick. Server is always empty (i dont care what the RAGEMP server list says, thats a bunch of BS, says there 400 ppl online and I see 2 people the whole 5 hours i played the other day.)

Just no.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Austine Post said:

NG thing is part of my point and I will continue to bring it up to people cause it was pathetic the way it was handled and it's unbelievable the way staff treated these good people cause they were "too strong".

Yeah makes sense with the suppers when they are chasing me with a super for driving around a Raiden in a chase lol not a super car and yet they still are called all the time and lets be real here its because you can catch absolutely everyone even if only 20 can drive them. I don't disagree with the BF400's cause yes those can be used for the offroad purposes and those should be deployed when it goes offroad. As I said in the previous post it should just be the Police Cruisers, Helicopters, BF400's, and the big armored SWAT truck.

Obviously the more jobs would take time and I'm not saying this should happen instantly I'm simply stating some ideas so no reason to get mad about it. The Devs obviously have a lot on there table and they are trying their best and honestly doing a good job coming out with updates fixing stuff!

I would say the bank and the pier are very different locations cause thats literally on one of the main roads that consist of I believe 3 cameras and I've never heard one person complain about those camers. I've also never seen people talk at the bank for hours but what do I know.

I won't go into the Joint freqs since it seems your pretty set on your opinion of saying they should not be aloud but lets refer to real life wars and people alliance. They literally go fight for people they don't know and will die for them so that point is simply dumb.

No clue how this topic shifted to too harsh bans, but fair enough.

Admins already give people a second chance after being perma banned often. They are just more strict on ban evaders/hackers, which I think is good.

@fumkop1 I agree to an extent. But I don't feel all those who cheat are equal. You have your cheaters who are gonna cheat whenever r they can to clap and try to band evade. Then you have those who have never cheated once, they are good RPers and been dedicated to the server for a while and made ONE mistake, one bad judgement call. And they group those people together which they shouldn't IMO.

21 minutes ago, fumkop1 said:

No clue how this topic shifted to too harsh bans, but fair enough.

Admins already give people a second chance after being perma banned often. They are just more strict on ban evaders/hackers, which I think is good.

The harsh bans was a small part of that and a small part of my topic here. Also lets be real they've been banning people lately for simply being friends with other people who broke the rules and them not telling on their own friends which who would snitch on their friends. Its definitely was not the main topic of all of this but I just wanted to address it cause I still don't think it has been handled good at all

I feel like another thing that should be looked into is promoting jobs that don't promote any roleplay whatsoever, there are a minimum of 10 buses going around paleto in convoy at any one time and the garbage job too. Unless on the off chance you pick someone up along the way you encounter absolutely no one on these trips and its literally people mindlessly grinding money, at the peir while fishing you talk to people and get to know them and there is usually great rp but because these other jobs are more profitable people don't fish anymore. In conclusion I think that jobs that promote roleplay should gain the most money so people are inclined to use them, not garbage or buses where there is none. 

• Like 2

First of all, I have to say I'm not a fan of the title of the post.
It kind of implies that Eclipse isn't fun and while that might be the case for some people, you'd maybe look at the player count and suggest that if this wasn't an enjoyable server, it wouldn't be getting 400-500 players.

In regards to the Pier, it's been a hot spot for a while but ultimately, it suffers the same issue as the bank did without it being a no-crime zone. People drive down there at ridiculous speeds, they behave ridiculously down there and inevitably you will get people getting tired of going down there and being around it. 

In terms of the jobs, I think you have to be very careful because the economy is already quite over-inflated as it is. There has been quite a lot of work to bring that a little more uncontrol but ultimately, if you start adding more money in, things will go up in value. I've made a couple threads on the criminal side of the server and suggested that money making schemes are a little hard to come by as a criminal and I think that's an area we need to look at. Personally, I think whatever you are doing, you need to be compensated to make doing it worthwhile. Not necessarily to the point where everyone does that job specifically but where doing it is in a certain point worth it, based on time and level of involvement.

In terms of PD, I agree we're over-powered but honestly, in my view, given the mentality of the server, we have to be aided in our role in the server to be effective. I respect the criminal factions that play things smarter but the reality is, while we're overpowered, some of you make it too easy for yourselves to be caught.

In terms of Criminals, I think the ones that demonstrate the values of what we want the server to be and have the standard to go with it should be backed as much as they possibly can be. They should be incentivized to stay on the top of their game and continue to maintain a high standard. With Triads and especially Zetas gone, the criminal backbone of the community isn't as strong as it used to be. We need to build that back up again but with factions that have the mindset of where we want to go.

In terms of "recent events", what happened happened. Every one makes mistakes or bad errors of judgement every now and then but I'm not sure dwelling on the past does anything for the present or the future. If you do the wrong thing for the right reasons, you can still take some value from that.

I think we also have to be realistic in our expectations of the staff and development teams, as well as, realistic of our expectations of how the server suits our own wants and needs. 

Eclipse isn't going to be for everybody and that's ok. If you enjoy playing the server and have a great time, awesome. If you don't enjoy it, don't force yourself to play here. I have respect for people that have left Eclipse but didn't throw their toys out of the pram on the way out. Just made a mature decision to leave and not burn any bridges on the way out. Ultimately though, for people like myself and evidently a lot of others, we enjoy the community and the server to the point where we make the decision to continue to play here and support the growth of the community.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bala said:

First of all, I have to say I'm not a fan of the title of the post.
It kind of implies that Eclipse isn't fun and while that might be the case for some people, you'd maybe look at the player count and suggest that if this wasn't an enjoyable server, it wouldn't be getting 400-500 players.

In regards to the Pier, it's been a hot spot for a while but ultimately, it suffers the same issue as the bank did without it being a no-crime zone. People drive down there at ridiculous speeds, they behave ridiculously down there and inevitably you will get people getting tired of going down there and being around it. 

In terms of the jobs, I think you have to be very careful because the economy is already quite over-inflated as it is. There has been quite a lot of work to bring that a little more uncontrol but ultimately, if you start adding more money in, things will go up in value. I've made a couple threads on the criminal side of the server and suggested that money making schemes are a little hard to come by as a criminal and I think that's an area we need to look at. Personally, I think whatever you are doing, you need to be compensated to make doing it worthwhile. Not necessarily to the point where everyone does that job specifically but where doing it is in a certain point worth it, based on time and level of involvement.

In terms of PD, I agree we're over-powered but honestly, in my view, given the mentality of the server, we have to be aided in our role in the server to be effective. I respect the criminal factions that play things smarter but the reality is, while we're overpowered, some of you make it too easy for yourselves to be caught.

In terms of Criminals, I think the ones that demonstrate the values of what we want the server to be and have the standard to go with it should be backed as much as they possibly can be. They should be incentivized to stay on the top of their game and continue to maintain a high standard. With Triads and especially Zetas gone, the criminal backbone of the community isn't as strong as it used to be. We need to build that back up again but with factions that have the mindset of where we want to go.

In terms of "recent events", what happened happened. Every one makes mistakes or bad errors of judgement every now and then but I'm not sure dwelling on the past does anything for the present or the future. If you do the wrong thing for the right reasons, you can still take some value from that.

I think we also have to be realistic in our expectations of the staff and development teams, as well as, realistic of our expectations of how the server suits our own wants and needs. 

Eclipse isn't going to be for everybody and that's ok. If you enjoy playing the server and have a great time, awesome. If you don't enjoy it, don't force yourself to play here. I have respect for people that have left Eclipse but didn't throw their toys out of the pram on the way out. Just made a mature decision to leave and not burn any bridges on the way out. Ultimately though, for people like myself and evidently a lot of others, we enjoy the community and the server to the point where we make the decision to continue to play here and support the growth of the community.

Point of the title is just saying that It's not what it used to be cause its literally what majority of the people say.

The pier is not dead because people are tired of that itself they were tired of constantly being pressed by the police / government at first cause they said they couldn't park on the pier anymore and forced them to move down to the side parking lot which led to lots of peoples cars getting stolen and they would just leave instead then if they didn't leave it would just get towed. Then after weeks of this and people complaining it led to the bright idea of paying to park and if you didn't then their car would simply just get towed yet again. They still do it on occasion and now they've added the 50 MPH speed camera which still leads to people not really wanting to go their. Before all these regulations were here it was easily the best place to go on the server cause everyone would just hang and have fun.

The jobs part was just an idea and I believe what you said was a good point but I believe still it mainly to me should be each job should still be a little more equal or better cause I just don't want to be doing the 3 of fishing, garbage, and bus driving. This section of my points were just ideas and thought it would make the server much more fun but obviously this would be a future thing and not a now thing just ideas.

With the criminals I would have to somewhat agree but I think the criminal life kinda just really went downhill with the Aztecas and LFM disbanding cause there is not much really to do other than fighting each other. I believe though with you saying "with factions that have the mindset of where we want to go" is a little much though cause obviously there will always be conflict so maybe you should work with the gangs a little easier. Maybe just go with the flow a little more instead but I get it and what your saying so maybe a little more compromise.

Really my reasons for bringing the recent events up was because I still believe you should open up the appeals and be a little more easier on people cause obviously what happened just happened and there is nothing we can do now. The way to fix this though would to just be easy on some people and accept their appeals because I think they had every right to be as mad as they were cause that was awful and handled very poorly. Especially the people that really had nothing to do with others breaking the rules during all of this and simply just didn't tell on their friends.

I understand the expectations of everything and not everyone can be perfect or do everything the way everyone wants them to but this is why I made the post cause I've heard a ton of people state their opinions and I obviously have my own and I just wanted to make a post on some stuff I believe many others would want. If I didn't like the server then I wouldn't be making this post and I wouldn't want the server to reach a better standard. I want what's best for the server and I believe these few changes would help a ton and make it a much better experience for people!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.