Roderick

Make nametag appear on VOIP usage

As a lot of you will have noticed, after the recent update nametags and ID do not appear anymore unless you're holding L ALT down or the other person is typing. While I definitely like this update in terms of immersion and getting to know people, it has been difficult for myself to distinguish who exactly is talking to me over VOIP especially when in larger groups of people. This small part of the update has been more of a hindrance for myself than a plus point in immersion. I am therefore wondering if there are more people who feel like this and if so, perhaps this may be added to the server in the future.

Now:

Nametags appear when:
1. You hold down L ALT;
2. The other person is typing.

Suggestion:

Nametags appear when:
1. You hold down L ALT;
2. The other person is typing;
3. The other person is utilizing VOIP.

Edited by Roderick

Either make it appear during VoIP transmission for easily seeing who is speaking without having to reference the ID on the right then holding alt, or bring back nametags altogether without a toggle imo.

I have such a hard time determining who is speaking while in a large group and having to hold alt after somebody talks to see who it was that said it gets annoying. I should know who exactly it's coming from as they're talking, and having ID appear above head during that would be perfect.

• Like 1
  • YAY 1

On 2/16/2021 at 10:13 PM, IAmTurtle said:

They show on the side of the screen. Its not perfect but you can check there.  and worse comes to worse you hit alt.

This is a pain in the ass to notice when you have an ultra wide screen, where the UI of ECRP seems to be measured in pixels from the side and not %. I basically have to turn my head to notice. That combined with it not being perfect in general is a bit of a mess for me to keep track.

Edited by Yputi

Either make it appear during VoIP transmission for easily seeing who is speaking without having to reference the ID on the right then holding alt, or bring back nametags altogether without a toggle imo.

I have such a hard time determining who is speaking while in a large group and having to hold alt after somebody talks to see who it was that said it gets annoying. I should know who exactly it's coming from as they're talking, and having ID appear above head during that would be perfect.

+1

Edited by AEEKAY