Speed Racer

Body Cam RP

Being a career criminal is not for everyone, let alone a marked gang member. If you feel as if can actively wear gang colors and affiliate yourself with people that live to kill, sell and make drugs and participate in other illegal activities and act is if you are innocent once you serve your prison sentence is blasphemy. Detectives exist for a reason, it is the same reason you get caught lacking and arrested, there is nothing unreasonable about that. Do yourself a favor and change your car color and get some normal, plain clothes and rock that for 7 days and see what happens. You can not call yourself a gangster if you wear a body-camera. Before the thread turns into another PD rant I believe that body cameras should be available at convenience stores and/or get introduced under a new type of electronic store business where you can buy burner phones, chargers, laptops to further expand roleplay opportunities and make sense overall.

Just now, kris giggs said:

I believe that body cameras should be available at convenience stores and/or get introduced under a new type of electronic store business where you can buy burner phones, chargers, laptops to further expand roleplay opportunities and make sense overall.

+1 to this absolutely

As far as I'm aware you don't physically have to buy a new body cam every 48 hours but rather the footage itself is only valid for 48 hours (so if anything it would be buying and fiting a new sd card) or the sd card can only hold enough footage for 48 hours meaning you would have to delete previous footage to be able to store new ones (kinda how old cctv worked with vhs tapes)

Other than that you would only need to roleplay turning it on and inserting the sd card any time you wish to physically record any footage (not every time you log in)

On 1/19/2021 at 3:37 PM, Speed Racer said:

I want to start by saying this discussion is not about the access to cloud storage without RP approval, but about the other language in the decision. According to this decision, one must have RP proof of having a body cam on their person period (purchasing, carrying, etc.). Furthermore, according to the rules on Powergaming - 

• Players must capture time stamped evidence performing RP that will potentially influence future interactions and evidence is only valid for 48 hours, death, or until others RP invalidates it.

Following both of these points, this implies that players must RP buying a body cam every two days, on top of RPing turning it on every time they log in (this latter part is not new).

Am I reading into this properly? If so, will LEOs start enforcing this extra bit of RP (purchasing a bodycam in the last 48 hours) when filing IAs or accepting evidence for crime reports? Because I've never been asked for that proof... And is this worth a rule suggestion for an exception to the purchasing aspect of this?

To clear your confusion, you do not need to roleplay purchasing a body camera every 48 hours. What you need to roleplay is putting it on and turning it on prior to situations where you would potentially use the footage of ICly. You can not mid roleplay decide you are wearing a body camera, it has to be roleplayed prior to those interactions. This roleplay will now be valid for 48 hours unless it is invalidated by something else, in which case you need to roleplay putting your camera back on and start its recording. It is pretty self explanatory that this needs to be roleplayed in order to be used ICly. For something to be present, it needs to have been created somehow.

For your last point, both PD and SD already require their members to roleplay putting on a bodycam and turning it on prior to starting their shift, as well as the dashcam. Before this footage is used ICly, proof of roleplay is requested and if it can not be provided, the footage is not used ICly.

2 hours ago, flow said:

To clear your confusion, you do not need to roleplay purchasing a body camera every 48 hours. What you need to roleplay is putting it on and turning it on prior to situations where you would potentially use the footage of ICly. You can not mid roleplay decide you are wearing a body camera, it has to be roleplayed prior to those interactions. This roleplay will now be valid for 48 hours unless it is invalidated by something else, in which case you need to roleplay putting your camera back on and start its recording. It is pretty self explanatory that this needs to be roleplayed in order to be used ICly. For something to be present, it needs to have been created somehow.

For your last point, both PD and SD already require their members to roleplay putting on a bodycam and turning it on prior to starting their shift, as well as the dashcam. Before this footage is used ICly, proof of roleplay is requested and if it can not be provided, the footage is not used ICly.

Right, this is how I perceived the rule to be understood, and Drizzy has kindly clarified the wording in his decision that sparked my interest in starting this thread to be in line with this understanding. Thank you for further clarification though!