CarryOut

Alter calls being removed if caller moves away from call location.

So recently there was a script change that was introduced that has calls automatically be removed if the caller moves away from the call location. 
I have a few issues with this change in general. 

1. It isn't realistic to a sense. If someone makes a phone call saying they are injured, a medic is dispatched out to them. In real life, the only way you have to know if the medic is no longer required is if another 911 call is placed saying nevermind, but I only know a few isolated instances where that occurred and the medic stopped responding. 
If the medic does arrive and there is no patient on scene in real life, or the patient is deceased. 9/10 times PD will be notified, but that is not something we do in game either.

2. If PD are slow, it will allow them to be able to find criminals easier through more indirect script. Personally I know if I get injured and I am wanted, I won't call MD for myself but have a friend do it. If a friend is injured and I am wanted, I may call them to potentially get a faster response. Sometimes PD look at the call list on the MDC and see that a wanted criminal made a PD call, so they go to the call and arrest the wanted criminal. This makes it even easier to do that((Indrectly through script support)) since the caller can't leave the immediate area without the call being dropped. 
Why is this change implemented only for MD and not PD as well? If someone is robbed, and they call PD, if they move too far away from their call area, then the call should be dropped as well, no? 

3. The change says it is closed if they move too far away. 
While I do like the idea of this, I feel the call should only be closed once the person who made the call is treated at MD. 
So for example: I get injured, I call MD but no MD respond. My friend picks me up and takes me to hospital. Once my friend does /dropbody, it ends the call saying the patient got medical treatment. This allows it to be more realistic, because then the hospital could let dispatch know that the person who made a 911 call got to a hospital and is currently getting medical treatment, no need to continue dispatching of an EMT to the scene. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/8/2021 at 2:58 PM, CarryOut said:
On 1/8/2021 at 2:58 PM, CarryOut said:

1. It isn't realistic to a sense. If someone makes a phone call saying they are injured, a medic is dispatched out to them. In real life, the only way you have to know if the medic is no longer required is if another 911 call is placed saying nevermind, but I only know a few isolated instances where that occurred and the medic stopped responding. 
If the medic does arrive and there is no patient on scene in real life, or the patient is deceased. 9/10 times PD will be notified, but that is not something we do in game either.

3. The change says it is closed if they move too far away. 

While I do like the idea of this, I feel the call should only be closed once the person who made the call is treated at MD. 
So for example: I get injured, I call MD but no MD respond. My friend picks me up and takes me to hospital. Once my friend does /dropbody, it ends the call saying the patient got medical treatment. This allows it to be more realistic, because then the hospital could let dispatch know that the person who made a 911 call got to a hospital and is currently getting medical treatment, no need to continue dispatching of an EMT to the scene. 

I feel like its helpful having this new feature, although it may be a bit less realistic that dispatch suddenly knows when the person is away from the scene, its helpful that the call gets taken off when the patient gets taken away because then it prevents MD arriving to a scene where help is no longer needed and can go to a call that is still active instead, especially when theres not many units on, it was frustrating going to call after call but no one being on scene because they'd already been taken... And then the calls who actually had people on them would die or then be taken away and the cycle repeats.

It would be handy for the ability to cancel a call yourself but for the time being, I feel like this is better than the last system that was in place.

As an EMS working I really appreciate the idea of having the call removed if the patient moves too far away. While it is not the most realistic it prevents us from losing time on going on a call, yelling around, looking for bodies, when someone else is dying and didn't get help because I'm playing Marco-Polo with people making calls then taking him in a trunk to the hospital.
One option that would help this problem and not make big changes is make it an option to call the 911 as an anonymous person.

• Like 1

1+ i have to agree as a Corner driving around people don't like to sit around at dead body's waiting for someone to drive across the map it would be nice if u report it the yellow skull stays and the Request stays till someone takes the request and arrives at the body to pick it up it would make things easy to know ok i can go to this spot with or without the person being there.

idk if this is possible but could you add an id number to the calls? so a friend or passerby could place the call to EMS put in the downed persons ID number and the call location would stay with that ID numbers body instead of the caller so the caller could leave? Then if the guys "dies" the call goes away cause the body moved when he responded at the hospital. Im fairly new so sorry if that's a dumb idea haha just thought id throw it out there

• YAY 1

actually its not a dumb idea its a good idea but it would stay there till they go to the location cause i would love that for the Corners job it shows a skull where the call was made and it should stay till the person who was requested gets there some jobs are not as important as others so they dont need it like Mechanics if they are not there than the car dont get towed lol 1+

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 11:49 AM, WinterBlack said:

although it may be a bit less realistic that dispatch suddenly knows when the person is away from the scene,

As an EMT/Firefighter, the call taker at the dispatch center often has an open line with the caller and will try to keep the caller on the line until a responder has arrived and call them back until that point. Dispatch will give us updated information as it comes from the caller while we are still enroute. While the system of the call automatically getting closed every time a patient moves away from the location every time isn't the most realistic thing, its better than the alternative of the call staying open all the time every time (imo) and I think it acts as a good replacement for having actual call takers and a human dispatch.

On 2/27/2021 at 5:37 AM, Swittzy said:

big changes is make it an option to call the 911 as an anonymous person.

Most dispatch/911 call centers use some form of Enhanced911, which allows tracking the caller's location and phone number regardless if the caller provides it. Unless you had some sort of VPN or burner phone, this would be unrealistic of a large city such as LA, which Los Santos is based off of.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:58 AM, CarryOut said:

Why is this change implemented only for MD and not PD as well? If someone is robbed, and they call PD, if they move too far away from their call area, then the call should be dropped as well, no? 

Honestly I think the fix for this problem is to get an update from dispatch saying Caller No Longer on Scene, but the call remains open. The reason PD calls don't close when the caller dies/moves away is to allow PD to still RP and try to investigate.

Edited by Ed Johnston