Franci_King

Disccusion about this wave of bans (no i wasnt one of them)

i want to let whoever sees this know this much: the reason of ban is simply cheating.. what type, where is the proof, when did it happen? nobody can answer this. So let me give you a dose of clarity

The difference between innocent and not guilty:

"taken by  a criminal defense attorneys website"

No one needs to prove that you are innocent in order to avoid conviction for the crime. Our criminal justice system does not require proof that you are innocent but rather, that the jury have no reasonable doubts about whether or not you committed the crime. If they do have doubts, you will be declared "not guilty" and charges will be dropped, regardless of whether or not you were actually innocent or guilty. This rule serves to protect the accused from being convicted unjustly. It is a much more difficult task to prove actual innocence than to prove there is room for reasonable doubt.

Now read the last part of Osvaldons response to the post about a investigation team for the ban wave is needed:

Quote: this is his words:  if you want to prove your innocence, you can upload and include evidence in your ban appeals.

not to also state the fact that one of my friends got banned and i know his pc into details, he never even had a mod/cheat installed for gta, anyway ...

Do not take this personal, but it is way harder to prove your innocence than it is for the admins and devs who have the logs to everything to prove them being guilty of cheating. I dont care about +1 -1, but rather for everyone who has falsely banned to be back on server. if this was all legit, than why all of the sudden everyone got banned at once? did everyone cheat at the very same moment???   please @Fa1N @Osvaldon or whoever read this take this post into consideration and thank you if you remove their bans.

• Upvote 3

Everyone knows that something is wrong with the Anti-Cheat system, but they dont take the time and realize it. Every appeal is simply thrown to the side because people will not admit that they cheated, so they clearly have no evidence of these "hackers" and dont wanna admit their guilt. 

• NAY 1

1 hour ago, _Demon_ said:

Everyone knows that something is wrong with the Anti-Cheat system, but they dont take the time and realize it. Every appeal is simply thrown to the side because people will not admit that they cheated, so they clearly have no evidence of these "hackers" and dont wanna admit their guilt. 

People literally admitted to having hacks, but ok

This is a roleplay Server, not a court case. If they think someone is hacking, they will Deal with it, and as they are the admins of the Server, they are well within their Rights. 

Convicted Criminals need to prove their Innocence if they want it revoked. Same goes here.

I have no idea if the anti-cheat has had issues or not, like most here, I don't have access to the details and I don't imagine we will, for good reason. When someone cheats on CS and gets VAC banned, Valve does not, under any circumstance, reveal the details of the ban, this is to prevent people from bypassing the AC, making it harder to cheat, you can try and appeal, but likely it will be rejected. Same applies here, a few people have access to details and they have determined to that someone was hacking or had access to hacking software. You (or your friend in this case) can appeal if they wish and wait for a resolution.

ECRP is not a US court of law, it is a private entity and as such they can moderate and enforce their laws as they see fit, this isn't to say they shouldn't have an appeal process, but just letting you know the whole ''court of law'' thing will lead you nowhere. 

This is what he claimed: ''Furthermore, all the players banned in the recent wave, have all been banned for active unauthorized software, which is dedicated to cheating on FiveM and RAGE Multiplayer and which has been used a lot lately on our server. No player has been banned for Counter-Strike cheats, inactive cheats on their PC (which had not been injected or otherwise activated on RAGE) or other irrelevant software.''

Given this, of course the logical avenue will be ''Hey, we need you to give us some sort of evidence of lack of cheats'', since their AC flagged it and with the info they have people did hack. Not saying it is flawless and I am curious to know if the ban wave was done due to a new AC update or if it triggered randomly out of nowhere, but more than that would compromise the entire point of an Anti-Cheat which is not knowing how it works besides a few specific people to avoid creation and usage of cheats.

• Like 1

I was arguing with admins about this too, I argued so much and even made a thread reguarding the issue. not to be toxic but to actually suggest a good system to ban hackers and to argue that they do not take proper action to ban someone for hacking. I was wrong about this they actually do search on this and after all i myself was guilty too. i had 2 cheating softwares myself even tho i used it for gta online livestreams with niko and for other games without my intention it was injected to rage multiplayer . used it or not i am margined "hacker" and was flagged cheats and not going to lie i was tempted to lie and first but i never did because lying wont get my anywhere. ive been an admin myself in 2015 and i remember how the HID would catch ban evaders and hackers even tho we had a system where we record everything and thats what i suggested. I mean eclipse is a larger community so i think punishment was fair and after all i think the punishment on me and 40-50 odd others was fine but there should be a chance to appeal and speak to admins about it. Anyways the situation is argueble but after all i dont see much wrong since we might have broken the rule of atleast having a hack . (all what i said was my personal opinion and i dont represent others in this reply. there might be innocent people banned too which i dont know but in this reply i am strictly representing myself.)

Edited by Rukicake

I'm not really sure it's our place to be discussing bans issued out by the admin or development teams. 
Don't want to be a dick about it, but we have a ban appeals section for a reason just like we have an anti-cheat for a reason.

What I will say is that, the only benefit I can see that the server has by banning people who cheat is protecting the rest of the player-base.
Names were not picked out of a hat, they were flagged and duly banned. 

Not sure there's much else to discuss 😕