JamesMorgan

Getting robbed by the police

I don't know how to start. I am getting pulled over every time this does not make me angry or sad it makes me kinda happy to rp with the police. There is just that one thing that makes me want to leave eclipse rp. Getting robbed by the cops sucks and makes me kind of sad. I think that there should be a rule that forbids getting robbed by the police. I think I can say that this happened to everyone at least one time and it really sucks. They just give you your knife and run away well sucks to be you just lost a full bag with legal stuff. You ask another Sheriff you officer they say there is nothing for you here. Now as a ((new player )) you are farming and farming then you get arrested and lose all your stuff I just mean that makes people wanna quit eclipse rp I understand that and if you ask the support like me they say that is an IC problem to everything they don't want to talk about. This sucks. Another example I am driving 160 km on the highway I know that it is to fast but as I got arrested the guy was driving like 200 km I tolled him IC he don't cares because he his not the guy that is losing something so he don't cares. So I am writing this because I think there should be a new rule that protects Civ from getting robbed by the police if you ask me this is very rare in real life getting robbed by the police.

I know no one is going to care about this post but you know I tried my best to help ((new player)) and other people. 

Hope you all had a good day,

James

• Upvote 2

this is more of an IC problem, but yes most cops do not RP putting your stuff away. This is almost non approved OOC corruption towards cops in my opinion, but whatever. Next time, try asking for the cop to OOC'LY drop you your legal items when being arrested at mission row, most cops will understand and drop you your items as long as you dont use them and RP getting them back once you are out. For DOC, it is a bit different, i believe there is a system in the MDC for your items, which most cops unfortunately do not utilize.  

This doesn't happen anymore or should be reduced. Either you get arrested at DOC, in which case DOC keep your items, or at Mission Row/Paleto, in which case PD/SD will return your items. There might be times officer's forget as this new system is very new, so get in the habit or asking for your items to be store, this should remind the Officer's what they need to do while we get used to the new system!

10 hours ago, Kenny V said:

I've had cops frisk and take my stuff before being taken to DOC. 

That is true, like I said, new system need to get used to this. Sometimes Officers will take items to give them later to DOC, making sure to hand in only the things you can keep, but it happens that they forget or there are multiple other situations going on where there is no time. I find that leaving anything legal that won't be confiscated on the person is better with the new system, that way I won't forget. Like I said, it can happen that people forget, just give us some time to get used to the new system and try and remind us before getting placed in jail to save your items.

Edited by Kyle White Raven

22 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

This IC press release Caesar linked that I put out pretty much explains both PD and DOC's procedures for taking and returning items.

It's 100% an IC issue that you have. If you have any issues with the way it currently works you can always submit an in-character complaint or suggestions to the many communication channels linked in that press release. 

As for the bit about guards not being at front desk of the prison, well that's just poor timing of people not being online to help you, something that can't really be helped but at the DOC we've been taking measures to ensure the front desk is more manned and attended to when people are online. You mention things like fish are taken, do you think it's realistic for PD/DOC to store perishables like fish that would go rotten being stored for days?

10 hours ago, Kyle White Raven said:

so get in the habit or asking for your items to be store, this should remind the Officer's what they need to do while we get used to the new system!

Pretty much this, just asking the officer arresting you "where will my items go" will probably go a long way as to whether you should go to DOC front desk or Mission Row. 

In terms of scripts on the server for this, PD/SD have a evidence locker system to store your items which I think is what @_Demon_ is referring to in the last part of his message and the DOC (Who does not have this script yet) have a tracking system for tracking inmates they process and the items taken off them.

Edited by DrPathetic

I would like to add one more thing, when you get arrested, the police gives your items to DOC, the DOC will store them in the "evidence room", what's bad about this is that they drop your items in the room, meaning if the server restarts, all dropped items will disappear. So I think the new system (/accesslocker) should be accessible by DOC, not just PD and SD. 

Another thing, we don't gain any benefits from stealing your items, more so it's an IC issue. 

Edited by Harvs

11 hours ago, Harvs said:

I would like to add one more thing, when you get arrested, the police gives your items to DOC, the DOC will store them in the "evidence room", what's bad about this is that they drop your items in the room, meaning if the server restarts, all dropped items will disappear. So I think the new system (/accesslocker) should be accessible by DOC, not just PD and SD. 

Another thing, we don't gain any benefits from stealing your items, more so it's an IC issue. 

This is no longer true. DOC have the locker system (/accesslocker) so items are tied to specific characters and persist beyond server restarts.
So yeah, any missing items DOC side is an IC issue from us not getting them from PD/SD or an officer not doing processes correctly.

Edited by DrPathetic
  • Like 2

Archived, lockers are now available to all law enforcement. Either way, the missing of items would be considered IC. The player is responsible for the items on them and how to communicate with law enforcement. You can always ask officers to put your held items into a vehicle or in an evidence locker.