Phil McGee

Why is the server so empty?

On 10/17/2017 at 10:19 AM, Kippekont said:

For me it's the 4 hour jail sentence. I think a lot of people who had to do that much time just quit.

Can confirm a LOT of people quit because ridiculous jail times + corrupt/favored PD (At least they felt they were corrupt/favored by admins)
Eclipse should send out a mass email saying you can AFK jail times now and they may get a nice chunk of players back :P

Edit:

Let me just add.. I started playing on this server when it was constantly at like 50-80 players. Most of the friends I joined with quit when they got jailed. The friends that they put onto the server quit as well when they got jailed. There was this crazy wave of players getting jailed and next thing you know the population plummeted to an average of 10-20 players. 

The suggestion talking about a loyalty bonus is a great way to keep the current players here, but to bring the lost players back is a harder obstacle to tackle. There could be one time returning player bonus or some sort of incentive to get these people back. 

Edited by Jim_Wesson
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2017 at 11:04 AM, Kay133 said:

I've got no idea as to why the server is so empty but we should have loyalty bonuses on the paychecks so more people will come online

Yes, yes, yes. my gf and I were just talking about that. Make a suggestion thread and we'll both support it!

• Upvote 1

I definitely feel for sure that cops can jail you for little or nothing with no recourse or proof.

If you feel you were hard done by all they say is post to Internal Affairs when you are free. Well we see how that worked out, nobody left to arrest.

I think a sitting Judge who decides on jail time over x  amount  would be a better balance. 

There's no court. Cops decide how long you have to go to prison or jail. You can't really RPly defend yourself. At one point it felt all so biased, I was about to quit myself.

You can't really appeal in-game about punishment, like for license removement reduction.

It's not fun to have a cop chase to just have your license removed for like a month.

The system right now just reduces any work for the police, making the police more and more useless. I really seldom call the police anymore. 

You are just getting fucked in the end.

That's why people leave, it's too real, kind of.

Edited by Com783

As a police officer, I completely agree with everything that was said here.

We don't even choose the times anymore, we just Add the charge and it sets the time, we can't reduce it or anything like that.

I believe the 4 hour prison time is a terrible addition to the server, at least in the state it is in. The prison is empty and there's no RP to be had there.

As for police convicting without evidence, I have seen it done and I have confronted a couple officers about it. I've also pointed out to a few officers during an on-going investigation that either we don't have any evidence or this is the evidence we would need, lets attempt to obtain it. If we don't have evidence, I'd rat on his ass if he places charges.

This server has taken a hit from the combination of the prison addition and the GTMP update. I try my best to keep as many people within the server as I can, and I try to get my colleagues to do the same.

I'm sorry if they have wrongfully convicted anyone without evidence, I hope you don't take to offensively, as sometimes it is hard to distinguish whether you have solid evidence or if you are just metagaming.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I'm all in for adding courts and a government. Having elections and all that and court cases could definitely increase the player base. We'd have more RP opportunities for lawyers and politicians and there wouldn't be any convictions by cops. It would definitely give detectives the chance to RP a lot more as they'd need as much evidence there is for a conviction. The only thing I'm worried about is finding judges, attorneys and a DA from start. 

• Like 1

The RP alone of having a court is interesting in itself, having 2 lawyers argue for and against etc in front of a judge (Admin) and at least that would drive some level of RP with relation to the jailtime.  It would also eat up some of your jailtime so your not just afk. 

On a side note why is that German server so popular? I would have thought an English speaking server would be far more popular, what do they have? Ive never played in there personally myself.

1 hour ago, Phil McGee said:

The RP alone of having a court is interesting in itself, having 2 lawyers argue for and against etc in front of a judge (Admin) and at least that would drive some level of RP with relation to the jailtime.  It would also eat up some of your jailtime so your not just afk. 

On a side note why is that German server so popular? I would have thought an English speaking server would be far more popular, what do they have? Ive never played in there personally myself.

No idea why the German servers are so full. 3 German servers have about 250 players on them. As to scripting I think they're at the same progress like Eclipse but I have no idea what else they've got. 

1 hour ago, Filyo said:

GT-MP is driven by german developers so they might got some advertisement on their side.

Facts. Not enough advertising for eclipse. Most ppl either hears from a friend, twitch, or youtube. Then you have people from SAMP days who have always kinda been keeping tabs on GTMP.

Lets flood youtubes with awesome eclipse rp vids.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jim_Wesson said:

Facts. Not enough advertising for eclipse. Most ppl either hears from a friend, twitch, or youtube. Then you have people from SAMP days who have always kinda been keeping tabs on GTMP.

Lets flood youtubes with awesome eclipse rp vids.

This is a great idea. We should get streamers to stream some gameplay. 

• Like 1