Percival

Vehicle Registration and (Revamp) Insurance

Registration
- Upon purchasing a vehicle player will need to go the DMV to register it with the state.

Standard Registration ($500)
- Random plate number

Custom Registration ((pay with credits like now))
- Custom plate

Selling a vehicle
- Owner can choose to keep the plate in their car slot and sell the vehicle to someone else or sell the vehicle with the plate.

—————————

(REVAMP) Insurance
2 Types of Insurance split into two companies
- Mors Mutual and Augury Insurance
Augury Insurance
Mors Insurance

Players will need to visit the insurance companies to have their vehicles insured after it is registered.

Players will be required to pay a hourly premium towards the insured car.
$1,000/72 hours (Mors Mutual Insurance)
$3,500/72 hours (Augury Insurance)

Mors Mutual Insurance:
- 15% of Salvage cost would be covered.
- 10% of Repairs by Mechanics will be covered.
- 1% of Upgrades Covered.
Augury Insurance:
- 25% of Salvage Cost covered.
- 18% of repairs covered.
- 5% of upgrades covered.

LSC/BAC will receive the covered percentage from the insurance companies and will not lose out on money.

————-—-——

(In Character Suggestion)

- Vehicles must be registered to be operated.
- Vehicle must be insured to be operated.
(Suggested Citation; Operating an Unregistered/Uninsured Vehicle $1,000 fine)

Cops could see if the vehicle is registered/insured by running the VIN number if there are no plates visible (randomly generated by server per car)

Edited by Percival
  • Like 1
  • NAY 1

Looking at the numbers for this it's near insane, I'm not sure how you're calculating the hours whether it's just ingame but if we were to go off of the 168 hours in a week it's 8400 per car for insurance for the cheapest option. For someone like me who has multiple cars I really don't want to pay upwards of 50 grand a week to use them. If this is in-game hours times the amount by 4.

Edited by Freclan

Looking at the numbers for this it's near insane, I'm not sure how you're calculating the hours whether it's just ingame but if we were to go off of the 168 hours in a week it's 8400 per car for insurance for the cheapest option. For someone like me who has multiple cars I really don't want to pay upwards of 50 grand a week to use them. If this is in-game hours times the amount by 4.

The numbers would be determined by the administrators, this is merely an example of the idea itself.

+1

Base it on the difference in mileage, how much you drive the vehicle. Don't want people paying when they're not driving and/or offline as well as you don't want to pay the same amount as someone who drives a lot more, or a lot less.

Edited by Xoza
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 12:07 AM, Dirty Mike said:

-1 doesnt really add anything to RP and just seems like another drain on money,

It does add, unregistered vehicles cant be traced. And yes it can be another method to drain money from the economy. There’s lots of roleplay for this system.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.