slavik35ua

Wheat locked to player

Hello everyone, after playing on the server for a while, I decided to try all the different jobs. Having that done, I moved on to the farmers job and was absolutely indignant. 

After 30 mins of taking care of my wheat, with a smile on my face I went to the sell point to get some money, as soon as I pulled up in front of the unload door a bunch of unruly guys appeared out of nowhere and started shooting without any RP reason. Having lost almost all of my HP, I, being completely unarmed, decided to run away with my van and precious wheat in it, but in vain, I just didn't make it, and then a guy approached me and said to unlock the vehicle or he'd kill me. There were three of them, one sitting in the car and the other two camping behind the building. 

Same thing happened to me three times. Being sad of lost profit made me write this topic. So, why isn't wheat locked to a certain player just like the fish is? So only the farmer who grows it can sell it. This would remedy all the problems and made these disgusting, rude, lazy, conceited people, who think they are cleverer than the others and will have easy profit to actually work hard to earn money and not just steal it from novices just like me. 

I even saw people reporting farmers for not letting them steal their wheat and say that they've "lost" their profit, it's outrageously and makes me furious.

There's also another solution, but less possible as far as there is no 24/7 police available. Police has to patrol the area of wheat unload areas in order for the farmers to feel safe. 

Alternative solution #2

Make the wheat unload process same as for the truck. You just sit inside and the wheat unloads, but there is still a chance to rob you.

Edited by slavik35ua
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, OsamaBigLag said:

-1 this is the point of farming, something that criminals can do to earn money.

Let the criminals do what they do IRL, to rob banks etc, no one steals wheat, especially from beginners with no guns.

Looks like u r the one who likes to hunt on easy prey. Such a shame, I wonder how these people pass the registration test.  

Edited by slavik35ua

1 hour ago, slavik35ua said:

Let the criminals do what they do IRL, to rob banks etc, no one steals wheat, especially from beginners with no guns.

Looks like u r the one who likes to hunt on easy prey. Such a shame, I wonder how these people pass the registration test.  

Look at you jumping at the accusations, I have never robbed farmers and probably never will, if anything I protected them.

1 minute ago, OsamaBigLag said:

Look at you jumping at the accusations, I have never robbed farmers and probably never will, if anything I protected them.

Than I apologize for my prejudices, but still disagree that criminals would steal wheat from farms IRL. They rob banks, gas stations, maybe also Money transporters (which are implemented in the game ATM) but definitely not the farmers

34 minutes ago, OsamaBigLag said:

You cant steal anything from them that is the problem, sure some may do it for RP, but most of them want money. Until there is a better system in place for criminals to earn money, my  vote will stay -1

The first why that can't be RP is that farms are protected by private law enforcement, second is that it's not that easy to get onto the farms property, so until the farm isn't protected by armed men, it can't be RP

Edited by slavik35ua

9 minutes ago, OsamaBigLag said:

Noone is stopping you from hiring people to protect you while you are farming.

It's none of my business, farms have owners, owners hire farmers and protect them, so you'd rather think before writing such things and claim "it's RP" when it's not even close, no one would risk their freedom for 5k$, it's just not worth it.

28 minutes ago, OsamaBigLag said:

Lol, I don't know where you live, but this isn't feudalism anymore. On a small farm like the one here, owners do the farming, so they take care of their own protection and even on bigger farms, the owners do the work. Not some rent a farmer.

Nice bait bout feodalism, but farm owners almost never work themselves, at least those who have massive fields like the one on the server, so don't try to say that this is at least some activity for "crime lovers", it's not crime, it's just easy prey, and those guys easily get away with the crime they did because there's just no police between 7-15 UTC, which is veeeery far from RP

Edited by slavik35ua

2 minutes ago, OsamaBigLag said:

There is also not any players between 7-15 UTC so chance of getting robbed is minimum. I did farming and was never robbed because I was watching my surrounding. But lets end this conversation as its going nowhere, I don't support the idea.

Really? At around 8 UTC there were 6 players, I went to the farm, and 3 of the 6 were robbers!

P.S. Everyone checks the surroundings, but they always hide behind the motel in front of the unload point.

This would remove all RP from the farming job, I do not support it. However, police should be more active at the farms to stop criminals. If that is not possible due to low amount of cops online I think the dropoff could be a NCZ. On the way there you could still be robbed. Once there you couldn't. (On the way you can resist because you are in the van and can just drive) That way there is a middleroad.

+1/-1

5 minutes ago, Triple Seven said:

This would remove all RP from the farming job, I do not support it. However, police should be more active at the farms to stop criminals. If that is not possible due to low amount of cops online I think the dropoff could be a NCZ. On the way there you could still be robbed. Once there you couldn't. (On the way you can resist because you are in the van and can just drive) That way there is a middleroad.

+1/-1

It's funny u say a farmer's job is RP, farmers take care of the wheat, IRL trucks come, load the wheat and deliver it to the factory/shop. IRL even if you steal wheat there's no way you can sell it, companies simply don't buy wheat from unknown people. Private entrepreneurs have licenses that prove that their companies follow high standards in order for the wheat to pass quality control and robbers don't. This has been a fail decision to make wheat stealing possible at the very beginning. 

Edited by slavik35ua
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slavik35ua said:

It's funny u say a farmer's job is RP, farmers take care of the wheat, IRL trucks come, load the wheat and deliver it to the factory/shop. IRL even if you steal wheat there's no way you can sell it, companies simply don't buy wheat from unknown people. Private entrepreneurs have licenses that prove that their companies follow high standards in order for the wheat to pass quality control and robbers don't. This has been a fail decision to make wheat stealing possible at the very beginning. 

it has to still remain a game with things for criminals to do. Realism works up to a point

this is what I am talking about my suggestion before. They do not want it, because mainly they are the one (who are saying -1) who is earning from robbing from farmers to be honest. I know most robbery is in stores, banks, players, but never wheat. I mean if you are a low-life RP'er, then you can rob that wheat. But knowing that farmer is probably the greatest job right now, people tend to make use of that, and just shoot people who are about to finish farming.

They don't want to give NEW PLAYER a chance to enjoy playing the server, and utilizing the scripts and stuffs. If I was in the management, I would prioritize the enjoyment of new players first, before any thing else to have an increase in playerbase.

23 hours ago, mew said:

Instead of doing this try making the police department aware of the issue icly, they might be able to help.

Do you really think police will take time to go to the farmer's place, when there's a lot of happening in LS? Maybe impose a sheriff's department, yeah? But let the people enjoy the fucking server. Especially new players tbh. 

Edited by HighJack

1 hour ago, HighJack said:

Do you really think police will take time to go to the farmer's place, when there's a lot of happening in LS? Maybe impose a sheriff's department, yeah? But let the people enjoy the fucking server. Especially new players tbh. 

Well it is the police department's job to protect The People, plus there's plenty of officers to go around. He's not saying to have police guard the area 24/7 for christ's sake.

I've never had an issue farming, but it wouldnt hurt to inform the police, that's what they're there for!

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.