AtlieX

Suggestion - speeding tickets

Hey.

I came up with this suggestion when I was driving a stolen vehicle and masked.. not so much a suggestion tho, maybe more of a fix... so I was speeding in the stolen car, with my mask on and I got a ticket. I think it is rather stupid that you can ticket people for that at the locations that catch your speed.. this really needs to be fixed, completly unrealistic on a server that has high standards..

Best regards,

AtlieX

30 minutes ago, Jaquan Smith said:

-1. They don't want people to NON RP driving around the main places such as the bank and LSPD, I don't want to see someone driving 200 km/h at the bank

Police can still pull them over? Nobody is enforcing non-rp driving. How are they suppose to ticket a person that has their face covered and isint event driving their own car? It makes no sense. A person that is driving at 200 in a stolen car is non-rp - I was driving at 90 coming from the highway.. makes no sense

Edited by AtlieX

23 hours ago, Havana said:

its there to give people an incentive to drive at least a little bit more realistically, since they cant fear for their character's life or others going 230 through a built up area

I understand that.. I was driving 90 towards the highway and got ticketed.. There must be another way to have people drive realistically then having unrealistic ticketing system (For stolen cars) - Now I am not a scripted but maybe it would be possible to alert the police instead of giving you a ticket when driving recklessly on a stolen car?

Its not really for non-RP driving as it is to prevent people from going 200km/h in areas where you are likely to hit someone.

Honestly there are very few cameras in the city, so maybe just dont speed in those areas. Prob a better alternative than getting punishments for breaching NCZ or VDM rules, dont you think?

I get your point and realistically speaking you shouldnt be getting a ticket, but unfortunately this would be abused as hell. Imagine having a gang, everyone gives keys to all members and no one actually drives his own car. I give my car to james and I take his and the cycle continues. This means a loophole and some abuse in this feature and we dont want that. So its a big -1 from me.

besides being an ooc discouragement from nonrp driving, it would be extremely harmful and a massive headache

if tickets were issued to the registered owner, and someone steals some guys car (who lets say is offline so they dont know their car is stolen), and they drive around not caring about their speed because they know they wont get ticketed, its going to cost thousands of dollars for this player (lets say a new player who has $0). And these tickets will then have to be removed by certain members of the police who have that authority. They will have no evidence that the car was stolen because the player is now offline and no one knows his ID so police can't RP with him. Its just not realistic