Ultra3D

Cops dropping their gear

I have been in many shoot outs with the police and every time the people lose to the cops they lose there gear/guns etc.. But if the people win the cops lose nothing. The lack of incentive for the people is ruining a RP situations where the people are wasting thousands and the cops are never losing a thing. I feel the cops should not have an unlimited arsenal and when a cop goes down they lose that arsenal. It adds more RP and makes the cops chose they weapons they take more wisely instead of a squad car rolling around with shotguns. Thanks for reading.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ultra3D said:

I have been in many shoot outs with the police and every time the people lose to the cops they lose there gear/guns etc.. But if the people win the cops lose nothing. The lack of incentive for the people is ruining a RP situations where the people are wasting thousands and the cops are never losing a thing. I feel the cops should not have an unlimited arsenal and when a cop goes down they lose that arsenal. It adds more RP and makes the cops chose they weapons they take more wisely instead of a squad car rolling around with shotguns. Thanks for reading.

You have been in many shootouts with the police? Perhaps you're the one that's doing something wrong then.

As for our gear/guns, they are given to us by the server, they are basically a $0 rental. If you are able to pick up those weapons, we're essentially spawning free weapons into the server. Would you like to play that server? 

We do have an unlimited arsenal, but we also have guidelines to follow when engaging criminals, which criminals do not. 

There is no added RP at all, don't make it about that, it's just you being able to get some free shit.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

You have been in many shootouts with the police? Perhaps you're the one that's doing something wrong then.

As for our gear/guns, they are given to us by the server, they are basically a $0 rental. If you are able to pick up those weapons, we're essentially spawning free weapons into the server. Would you like to play that server? 

We do have an unlimited arsenal, but we also have guidelines to follow when engaging criminals, which criminals do not. 

There is no added RP at all, don't make it about that, it's just you being able to get some free shit.

Thats what Im saying, When criminals shoot/die we a losing money and when you shoot its free,

1 minute ago, Ultra3D said:

Thats what im saying should change, your gear should not be free, It would make it more realistic and make you more chosie with the gear/guns you take out

Alright if I can have the money you pay in fines when I arrest you, you can have my PD weapon.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Alright if I can have the money you pay in fines when I arrest you, you can have my PD weapon.

What does the money we pay in tickets goes to if its not gear/paychecks? because over all its unfair to non police when shootouts/robbery take place. You are literally invincible

This topic has been covered a million times, cops should not drop items as unfortunately this would make then an easy target to get easy loot. This has already been made apparent that law enforcement being lootable is not planned to be changed. 

As for law enforcement losing something or increasing incentive to not want to lose items, this is something that is needed for our balance terms alone. Currently law enforcement faces absolutely no "impactful" losses but finding a good balance for this will be hard to work out. 

There has been an entire thread based around this and I'd advise you take a look into that for the general opinions and input of others prior to delving into this one. 

As for cops being "invincible" this is definitely not the case, use your numbers and tactics to outplay a scenario, or perhaps if you cannot handle the heat, then you should retreat. I do agree on one area that responding with every single cop to every call is becoming an issue. 

Tldr cops shouldn't be lootable but should face some form of loss. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 1

Make the tax system actually fund MD and PD (Or at least PD). Allow a mayor to create a budget for these government factions. The money we pay from selling houses, cars, and income tax goes directly to those budgets. Allow the police chief or police commissioner to buy a supply of weapons and cars. This is the idea I wish we always did. Obviously it requires a lot more in depth thought to do it correctly, but that's the gist of it.

Edited by Copperhorse
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

This topic has been covered a million times, cops should not drop items as unfortunately this would make then an easy target to get easy loot. This has already been made apparent that law enforcement being lootable is not planned to be changed. 

As for law enforcement losing something or increasing incentive to not want to lose items, this is something that is needed for our balance terms alone. Currently law enforcement faces absolutely no "impactful" losses but finding a good balance for this will be hard to work out. 

There has been an entire thread based around this and I'd advise you take a look into that for the general opinions and input of others prior to delving into this one. 

As for cops being "invincible" this is definitely not the case, use your numbers and tactics to outplay a scenario, or perhaps if you cannot handle the heat, then you should retreat. I do agree on one area that responding with every single cop to every call is becoming an issue. 

Tldr cops shouldn't be lootable but should face some form of loss. 

I can agree but Im just stating that if I shoot a cop Im losing the ammo/gun possible but the cop loses nothing

5 hours ago, Marca said:

If you're looking for RP sense, imagine they're biolocked and not worth the trouble.

If you shoot a ak at a cop it cost a lot of money, if you lose it even more. a cop could shoot a carbine and not give two craps. Thats the problem.

12 minutes ago, InvestedCereal said:

I don't know how i feel about this, i can see people getting traffic stopped and see a cop with an AR so instead of taking the ticket they clap him, it would be misused a lot in my opinion.

Not a +1 or a -1

Thats why I said it would make cops think more wisely about what they carry, Most cops IRL never have their AR on them at all time, Its usually locked in the trunk.

Edited by Ultra3D

This is never gonna be implemented as ive seen in the past this would cause Gangs killing cops just for their weapons, When the police get injured their life ends their weapons get taken away and they have to sit out like amy one else for 30 mins.

I see the point that gangs lose money but how do you get the money for these items, Selling drugs, Robbing others, Stores, Or other types of business, Cops get their stuff as they are the government, Just like real life they would still take your items away, Remember you can't just go and kill a cop in irl and eclipse has rules and tries to keep certain things for emersion. I do see where yous are coming from as yous are losing alot of money and you think PD doesnt, Who knows they might get taxed for their items. Guns, Body armour ect.. or they could implement that monthly or yearly.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Pegorino said:

This is never gonna be implemented as ive seen in the past this would cause Gangs killing cops just for their weapons, When the police get injured their life ends their weapons get taken away and they have to sit out like amy one else for 30 mins.

I see the point that gangs lose money but how do you get the money for these items, Selling drugs, Robbing others, Stores, Or other types of business, Cops get their stuff as they are the government, Just like real life they would still take your items away, Remember you can't just go and kill a cop in irl and eclipse has rules and tries to keep certain things for emersion. I do see where yous are coming from as yous are losing alot of money and you think PD doesnt, Who knows they might get taxed for their items. Guns, Body armour ect.. or they could implement that monthly or yearly.

I mean cant you see hows its unfair for the criminal losing 100% of the time even if they kill all the cops? ammo cost alot, especially when you're using heavy's

Edited by Ultra3D

Hello,

I will quote Head Administrator FatherOsborn's reply on this in a similar topic.

On 1/22/2020 at 1:24 PM, FatherOsborn said:

Hello, thank you for your suggestion.

This has been suggested in the past, and we are not open to making this an option anytime soon (if ever). This is the same reason why you cannot e.g. step into a gun store and purchase a shotgun and carbine rifle (which in real life, you can practically get your hands on everything legally if you aren't a felon), the current environment on the server is absolutely not ready for this, and something like this would be abused to people's advantages. Police Officers should not be targets for robberies, that makes no role-play sense, and this would exactly make them constant targets for robberies as you can get your hands on free weapons over and over again.

Please do not open this suggestion again.

- Osborn.

And as such, I will close this suggestion.

• Like 1