Angel Ceez

Deported Business Owners

I think that if a business owner of like a general store, gas station etc. is deported the business needs to go up for auction or sell immediately; this is because IRL if you get deported any businesses you have will be seized by the government immediately. It promotes rp and promotes players to value their actions better. If a player knows if he/she gets deported their business is gone right away it might make the player rp better to avoid such punishment. Currently there are stores n gas stations that are completely empty n not stocked, it ruins rp to go to a business that is basically abandoned and when the player is eligible to come back they get to continue operations like nothing ever happend? Not cool or fair to players in my opinion. The procedure for inactive players that is currently set is good in my opinion and does not need to be changed. I would love to hear some thoughts on this by other players or ways to make this a better suggestion. 

7 hours ago, Hootless said:

If you had ever owned a business this topic wouldn't be here. People put EXTREME amounts of effort and time into obtaining this business's. When they are inactive for an extended period of time they are auctioned off and it should stay that way.

I’m totally fine with the way it’s handled for inactivity. I’m trying to suggest something better than what’s in place for people who have been temp banned/deported. I do own a business and know the EXTREME effort it takes to maintain and obtain one, I just feel it’s not fair to players who rely on these businesses for a business to be left abandoned until the inactivity timer is up before it gets auctioned off. If someone is temp banned/deported and they have a gas station for example, they should be given a small amount of time to hand off the business to a friend/relative or sell it off so that the business isn’t abandoned while they serve their time. This way idle stores, gas stations, etc won’t be a thing. 

So while I understand where you are coming from with this suggestion, I will have to put in a -1 for more than one reason. The first reason is you are assuming the roleplay reason for somebody not being in the city following a ban. Many people like to assume "deportation" while the banned player might actually roleplay being out of town for an extended trip. Secondly, a ban can be successfully overturned for many reasons, sometimes for an incorrectly issued punishment. Why should these players be punished by having their business removed if they can actually appeal and come back to the server? The only way I would be in support of something like this is following continued unsuccessful appeals which is already pretty much tied to inactivity resales of businesses due to the fact that the banned individual will obviously not meet activity requirements to keep their business. 

Ok so lets entertain your idea. 

At the moment I have DM #1, this was issued mid-2019, so I have gone 6 months without a punishment, some players have gone much longer. But if I make a single mistake I have the chance to be banned indefinitely and as a result I would lose any businesses that I own, even when I could be back within a months time.

This does not seem fair, particularly for players who have been playing regularly for a long time and regularly get involved in PvP RP situations. 

Massive -1, the current system is fine, businesses get auctioned occasionally by senior staff members when it is deemed the owner is inactive/banned for a long period of time.

• Upvote 1

-1, I think it's fine how it is now. That would be just extra painfull next to getting banned, while people can still appeal to come back.
And yes, like commented earlier, probably if the OP was in the position of owning a business you would probably look at it differently, but I hope the OP can agree it would be very demotivating or frustrating if you got double punished this way. I never got banned or kicked anything in my life since I play on this server, so my risk of getting perm banned right now is very slim, but I think this would be very concerning for others to have this implemented. I would be very sad if I broke a rule, got banned and lost my business that I only own for a little more than a month now after 2 years not having a business at all.

Not to mention they will get sold eventually, it just takes time, which seems fair to me so people still have a chance to get ubanned for something they did OOC, being able to pick everything up IC again afterwards.
So I think the tag you added: "needs to be fixed" is irrelevant in my opinion.

Edited by Yputi

23 hours ago, Yputi said:

-1, I think it's fine how it is now. That would be just extra painfull next to getting banned, while people can still appeal to come back.
And yes, like commented earlier, probably if the OP was in the position of owning a business you would probably look at it differently, but I hope the OP can agree it would be very demotivating or frustrating if you got double punished this way. I never got banned or kicked anything in my life since I play on this server, so my risk of getting perm banned right now is very slim, but I think this would be very concerning for others to have this implemented. I would be very sad if I broke a rule, got banned and lost my business that I only own for a little more than a month now after 2 years not having a business at all.

Not to mention they will get sold eventually, it just takes time, which seems fair to me so people still have a chance to get ubanned for something they did OOC, being able to pick everything up IC again afterwards.
So I think the tag you added: "needs to be fixed" is irrelevant in my opinion.

I do own a business and if I were to get banned for any reason I would expect my business to be seized but what I was saying to give the player being banned an opportunity to either sell/handoff business to another player before it would be seized by the admins; currently it just goes abandoned like a decent amount of current businesses on the server. Either way I was hoping for a discussion and that’s what’s been achieved. I was hoping to bring awareness to this ongoing issue. Thanks for the replies!

Edited by Angel Ceez