RodneyYeargin

Firearms for Felons

I, Rodney Yeargin, am a ten time felon. However, I have since steered away from the life of crime, and started driving people around town for free. I have been trying to live the legal civilian life, but it is very hard to protect myself without a firearm. I try to defend myself from various criminals around town with my knife and bat, but these are no match for a robber with a gun. It's hard to stop a robber and call the police if he is armed. Making a citizen's arrest with a knife or bat is possible, and I have done it multiple times. However, with a gun, it is much more viable.

Earlier this morning, a man was outside my home looking through the trunk of my Novak. I pulled out my illegally purchased firearm, which is now in the evidence room, and stopped him from getting away. The police came and reprimanded the thief, and I did not fire any shots. If I did not have a gun, the intruder would have gotten away. Ex-Felons are in a tough position, unable to legally obtain a firearm for self defense, even if they have been clean for a while. I believe introducing a second chance act for felons to obtain firearms would be a great addition to the city. We should have the right to bear arms, even if we dabbled around with a few felonies in our past. Thanks for the consideration. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

While i agree with the point being made, this is an IC suggestion to the LSPD.

tried before, they don't care and neither does city hall.. says its up to an admin decision for this to be implemented

so its a massive +1 from me

34 minutes ago, Luxas said:

tried before, they don't care and neither does city hall.. says its up to an admin decision for this to be implemented

so its a massive +1 from me

Pretty sure this has to remain IC since there is a whole division set up for the firearm licensing, which is IC. Taking this OOC is not needed I believe.

If you fail to get it done IC that doesn't mean it has to be taken OOC.

Edited by Yputi

Thanks for the input. I do agree, this should be an IC issue. However, when I tried to solve this IC, I get shut down almost immediately. It seems like although there is an option to expunge your record IC, it will never happen. I was told once by the LT in /b to "make a new character" when I asked about getting my felonies removed, as opposed to proposing a realistic IC solution. 

Currently there is no way to expunge someones record. We can remove charges, but only charges not currently served, we can't remove historical charges. There is also no means of expunging a record, you may complain about a charge to Internal Affairs and then can reimburse you and make a note on your record that a charge was falsely applied, but no system is in place to expunge your entire historical record. 

Secondly, this is an IC suggestion, the LSPD decides the terms and conditions for receiving a firearm. If you failed to solve it IC'ly, then you've just failed to solve it IC'ly, like people fail to get laws and what not changed IRL all the time. There are no current plans to change the conditions for receiving a license to my knowledge. 

I am going to lock and archive this thread, as this is an issue IC issue and not a server suggestion.

Regards,
Aldari_Tagril