Henry Goodman

Law Firm - Lawyer RP

Back in the day when i was doing criminal activities i always found it terrible that legally owned items are not being returned after jail time is served. Since there is no script, could we RP lawyer that would represent players rights and hold items for him. Players would be able to get their 1 phonecall and if they can't reach their lawyer, items would scrap out as they usually do. In order to get a lawyer service it would have to be agreed in advance with a lawyer that would represent someon (lawyer would be registrated on forum as one (Private Law Firm), or be integrated into government). It would open up new line of RP and partially fix the situation with returning items after jail time is over.

🤔🤔 

Any ideas? Yes? No? Maybe?

• Upvote 1

Don't think lawyers would need any script support at all. Admins just have to give the green light to give anyone the ability to be a lawyer and them having to register the business with the government before actually attempting to defend a client. If they don't, they're impersonating, which is against the law and can be arrested. Businesses are also publicly listed, so confirming or denying someone's identity and legitimacy of a business is possible. All of this can be done completely IC, no script support or anything else required.

On a practical level, I think it has to be on a case by case basis. If someone is getting all these charges or they're being questioned in regards to a complex case, then you know what, even as a cop, I'd welcome lawyers into the roleplay because it makes it interesting.

But part of the reason why it won't work universally is that most of the arrests we do are short sentences or the crims/cops just want to get on with it. 

The thing is Lawyer function in this scructure would have only purpose of "representing a client" to preserve legal items and have lawyer fee like 25% of items worth for example. Lawyer roleplay would start as it is, partially fix the problem of recovering legit items, any start is a start. We dont need to implement full Legal System.

Not a full legal system just a law firm faction and appointed officials in the DOC for the lawyers to negotiate with. Obviously only for MAJOR sentences. For reduction of time or if the case is won a reimbursement with it wiped from your record. No fines etc. Not a full on legal system. As we eventually explained in the comment section of my thread.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.