FastByte

Admin Jail Reccomendation

When someone is going to be put in jail by an admin as punishment, that admin may want to;

a) Warn the player being put there.  Some of us have jobs (even NEW jobs) where we are on duty and have a work vehicle. Give a 5 minute warning so we can wrap up our RP business which affects the individual being punished AND everyone involved in their RP activity. This is a no brainer.

b) This one blows my mind. Take the personal effects off people you put in IC DOC Gen Pop for an OOC admin punishment. I was put into Gen Pop with all my effects and a full combat pistol. Cannot express how much of a RP blunder that would be if an inmate killed me (one almost did) and got my gun. If players are warned they will be jailed, they will have time to remove their effects and store them or have them taken on admittance to admin jail. 

Im not complaining about the fact im being punished, that I deserve. Lets try and keep OOC and IC separate. 

Edited by FastByte
  • Like 1

If somebody is placed into admin jail it's because they broke a server rule that they are expected to know about upon entrance to the server. Those players shouldn't be allowed any leeway whatsoever (ie: allowing them to continue RP for ~5 minutes).

Edited by Aldarine
Realized I forgot to add one thing to the end - apologies.
  • Like 1

I was placed into jail before and I had a pump-shotgun on me, I requested OOCly to be placed into solitary as I shouldn't be in RP nor should I have them items on me, I feel the staff member jailing the person should personally take them to solitary otherwise it could cause some obvious issues with breakouts and other inmates gaining those weapons non-rply. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aldarine said:

If somebody is placed into admin jail it's because they broke a server rule that they are expected to know about upon entrance to the server. Those players shouldn't be allowed any leeway whatsoever (ie: allowing them to continue RP for ~5 minutes).

Whoosh.

2 hours ago, Harry Harmone said:

I was placed into jail before and I had a pump-shotgun on me, I requested OOCly to be placed into solitary as I shouldn't be in RP nor should I have them items on me, I feel the staff member jailing the person should personally take them to solitary otherwise it could cause some obvious issues with breakouts and other inmates gaining those weapons non-rply. 

Yeah man that's exactly what I did. Close one though, almost got gang beat to death lol.

Also found it odd that throughout my entire stay the only custody staff I saw showed up for an OOC purpose. No tier checks, yard guard, cell searches, activities etc or any RP element to the prison whatsoever. Disappointed. 

Edited by FastByte

Something that would fix this, seeing as admin jail is completely OOC is just don't allow the banned player to log in to their account for the time they are banned for. 

As for the 5 mins warning, I think that's fine. Could see a few issues where people go full retard and Mass DM after finding out they are being jailed, but assuming that isn't an issue then giving a bit of time to return work vehicles and wrap up RP doesn't seem like an issue to me.

• Like 1

Admin jails are used in situations where the RP is not able to continue and punishment is necessary. Before that, admins are taught to teach and inform players and use other tools like resetting RP if necessary. 

In the case where they're getting one from the forums, unfortunately that may interrupt their future RP situations as learning about the rules is considered more important than their current RP scenario.

Thanks for the suggestion.