Madd_Martigan

Cops just as bad as Bangers

Sorry for the harsh Title, But seems that the policy of PD not to give back personal "Legal" Items, Like GPS, maps and so on is wrong. Bad enough that you walk 50 feet anywhere in town you get rolled by a banger for the very same items but the cops take it from you as well when you do get caught. This is on top of the time you serve. IRL ( I know, i am a Correctional Officer IRL) We give back personal effects.  Legal Items should be given back.

• Upvote 1

“Get caught” is the keyword here. 

Good title though, made me laugh.

Edit: Currently giving back items is not supported scriptly. no one has the time or motivation to chase you down and give you items back. It is protocol to confiscate items off suspects. If PD doesn’t take them all off, DOC will.

Edited by heartgg

1 minute ago, Madd_Martigan said:

Sure, but Cops have to be different than the criminals. One of that aspect is not stealing from the citizens.

I wouldn’t call it stealing, but doing what police and correctional officers do IRL. Yes, we don’t have script support to give stuff back...

... but You are more than welcome to make a server suggestion to change either faction protocol or add a script to give people items back when released from prison.

On 7/6/2019 at 8:16 PM, Madd_Martigan said:

if script is the issue, just leave the Legal items on the person.

If i leave your radio on someone, they can communicate with the outside world. If I leave a bottle of vodka on someone, they can use that bottle to try and kill somebody. If I leave a fishing rod on someone, that's frankly just ridiculous.

I get it, things can be expensive and it's annoying have to rebuy things but maybe dont carry what you don't need or don't get caught by the police.

Solution: Make a forum section were you catalog your evidence and item(s) belonging to players. Any processing should have a paper trail to follow it in a roleplay sense. If you don't want to do that cops/DOC might not be the best fit. 

Edited by Tezhl
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tezhl said:

Solution: Make a forum section were you catalog your evidence and item(s) belonging to players. Any processing should have a paper trail to follow it in a roleplay sense. If you don't want to do that cops/DOC might not be the best fit. 

Just so you have an idea, PD probably arrests close to a hundred people per day (at least from my experience). To catalog everything in a forum and keep dozens of bags at a time with items in them is not pragmatic at all unless you want to spend hours doing paperwork whenever you play.

Now, this isn't to say that we ''couldn't do it'', but the solution we are trying to reach on this thread is one that hopefully is practical.

8 hours ago, Madd_Martigan said:

how hard is it to have storage for inventory? The officer just takes a screenshot of the inventory taken and posts it on their PD site.  Then the owner can claim the personal effects once their sentence is completed.

It's not impossible, but as I mentioned before, it isn't practical. We have around 10 police officers at a time on the server and tons of calls from civilians, EMS and backup calls from other officers to respond to. This idea that officers will spend time taking screenshots and filing reports on the forums for inventory management just to leave the items lying around with no possible way of remembering who they belong too is about the worst way of doing things. 

This isn't to say that an inventory system isn't needed, but I would love to see it implemented as a script where it adds little to no additional work VS having to go through a bunch of unpractical and tedious paperwork, just to have people complain that ''police are lazy and never respond to calls''